What is Spirulina?
A cyanobacterium Spirulina is used as a dietary supplement and often used by people trying to lose weight. It is an algae found in ponds. It is completely natural and comes loaded with healthy vitamins and minerals. Spirulina is also consumed by many animals and is used in powder form, and tablets of the dried cakes.
Spirulina nutrient Facts
Spirulina nutrition consists mainly of protein and is considered a very good source of all essential amino acids. Compared to other vegetable protein sources such as nuts and legumes it is much higher and is preferred by many vegetarians and vegans.
Spirulina is also a good source of vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B9, vitamin A, C and E. It is also rich in minerals such as iron, copper, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and zinc.
Spirulina nutrition and abundance of minerals found in it, have made it a very popular food supplement and has also been referred to as a super food.
Health Benefits of Spirulina
The various health benefits of Spirulina are as follows:
- Spirulina contains gamma linolenic acid (GLA) which is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It contains all the essential amino acids. Amino acids are the basic building blocks of the body and helps with muscle growth and eliminating stress and wasting of muscles in the body.
- Spirulina is rich in omega acids diverse as omega 6 and 9, and is particularly high in omega 3 fatty acids Omega 3 fatty acids has many health benefits including lowering cholesterol, pressure arterial; help with heart problems, skin diseases and improving mental strength.
- Spirulina has a high content of chlorophyll that occurs in plants and is not produced by humans at all. This helps reduce toxins in the body and stimulates the human immune system.
- Spirulina is very beneficial for pregnant women because it contains good amounts of iron that is easily digestible and helps with constipation during pregnancy.
- Spirulina has a very high concentration of antioxidants that fight skin diseases and harsh weather conditions that impair the system and bodily functions.
- Studies have found that spirulina contains anti-radioactive properties that can be used in case of radioactive exposure and infection.
- Unlike many protein sources, where most proteins are removed from the body and is not actually used, almost 60% of the proteins found in Spirulina are absorbed and utilized by the body .
- Spirulina may react with heavy metals in the body that can cause tumors and cysts and join with them to eliminate them from the body.
- Spirulina is very useful for weight loss, because it can increase fat burning during exercise and helps you lose more calories in the same amount of exercise.
Health Benefits of Spirulina during pregnancy
During pregnancy a woman is eating for two and all the nutrients in your body directly transfer the child inside her. Spirulina is a useful dietary supplement for pregnant women because all the nutrients present in spirulina are the child. In addition, during pregnancy a woman may not be getting enough nutrients through their diet and this is then translated into various diseases and malnutrition for the child. Therefore, Spirulina becomes very useful in a case such as containing all major nutrients, along with protein and omega 3.
Benefits of spirulina for weight loss
Spirulina is very low in calories with 3.9 calories per gram and requires a very small amount for the whole Spirulina nutrition. Therefore, when consumed regularly to get all the nutritional needs of the body without any extra calories. Spirulina is rich in protein and proteins are very important for weight loss. The body needs time to digest protein while increasing your metabolism and making the person feel full longer. Spirulina triggers a balance in the level of blood sugar in the body without sugar levels fluctuating blood; the tendency of the person to nibble on sugary foods like chocolate and candy is reduced.
Weight Watchers have noted a relationship between consumption of Spirulina and proper weight loss before exercise. You burn more calories and shed weight faster.
Benefits of Spirulina for skin care
Spirulina is rich in minerals like iron, magnesium and zinc. Zinc improves the body’s immunity and the fight against many signs of aging such as lines, spots and dark markings. Magnesium gives the skin a smooth appearance and iron increases blood flow in the body. It also improves the overall quality of the blood making your skin look fresher and younger.
like spirulina has a high amount of protein, it was encouraged to cell regeneration. Many face masks and packages can be made using spirulina while adding milk or applied directly. You get youthful skin, free square.
How spirulina include in your daily diet
To get the best benefits of Spirulina, which must be consumed in the right amount at the right time.
Spirulina is famous for its bad pond as taste. Make sure you take a spirulina supplement, which is organic in nature because many supplements have added nitrates in them.
spirulina is in the form of powder and tablets and is recommended to take two teaspoons each day.
You can mix spirulina powder or shakes your vegetables every day and enjoy its benefits. Make sure you do not take more than two teaspoons if it is perfectly healthy to reap the benefits of Spirulina. Taking excess amounts can have adverse effects.
can also take spirulina powder as a pre-workout by adding water or skim milk shake, although this could actually prove very badly. But the taste is a small price to pay if you want to make use of the many health benefits of Spirulina.
Spirulina can also be added to the fatty acid omega-3 as a source rich in cod liver oil and then taken to increase profits omega-3 fatty acid
Spirulina is famous for its many nutrients and as a rich source of protein. It can be taken with any food or liquid and experience the many health benefits of Spirulina.
Historically, spirulina has been used since ancient times. Traces of use are found in standard books of Mexico, as it is used for dry cakes.
Spirulina is known for the fight against many diseases and studies have found that counteracts diseases such as AIDS and cancer as well. Instead of using the many chemicals that are available in the market in pill form and damage your body, use spirulina as a source of all the necessary nutrients.
With the many health benefits of Spirulina, one can easily overlook is not as good taste and add a little to your daily diet for health and fitness.
Samridhi is a writer, filmmaker and fitness enthusiast who has been in the mechanisms of transformation of the body and fitness for over two years. With great interest and general health and fitness, it is believed that the human body is a great gift and it is up to us to keep so perfectly and care we can.
Additional Tags for this post:
health benefits of spirulina |