Health Benefits of Sesame (Til) Seeds
About sesame seeds / Til
Sesame is widely cultivated in many tropical regions of the world to obtain seeds and edible oil. It is an annual herb belonging to the genus Sesamum and family Pedaliaceae.
It originated in sub-Saharan regions of Africa and then spread and began growing in many tropical regions of the world, such as Burma, India, China and etc. It is found in many varieties and colors like white seeds, brown or black. White sesame seeds are widely used for eating purposes, as they have more iron content of black sesame seeds. While blacks are used for therapeutic purposes, as they have more calcium than white sesame seeds.
ADVANTAGES OF SESAME / TIL
Sesame seeds are traditionally used in many Indian dishes to enhance flavor and endowed with its nutritional health benefits. It is also used for preventive and curative treatment of various disorders of health purposes. Its natural health promoting nature is only due to the availability of phyto-nutrients such as fatty acids, antioxidants (sesamol and sesaminol), flavonoids, minerals, vitamins, dietary fiber, essential amino acids and etc, which are able to prevent several deadly diseases.
Benefits of sesame seeds
Benefits of sesame seeds heart
preventing various heart problems
- It is the richest source of monounsaturated fatty acids (oleic acid) and vitamin niacin, which tend to lower the level of bad cholesterol and increase the level of good cholesterol in the blood therefore prevents various heart-related problems such as coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis, stroke, myocardial infarction, etc.
improve cardiovascular health
- Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nature prevents a person with heart problems of atherosclerotic lesions by improving cardiovascular health.
Benefits of sesame seeds for Children
causes the muscles and bones strong
- til or sesame seeds contain high quality protein diet, as well as the essential amino acids are needed for normal growth and development of muscles and bones among children.
Benefits of sesame seeds skin
Maintains youthful skin
- Regular consumption helps in maintaining youthful skin as it contains phenolic antioxidant compounds that prevent the harmful health effects of free radicals.
The early delays aging
- Slows premature aging and other health problems related to age.
Source Group B Vitamins and Minerals
- Is good source of B vitamins, minerals, folic acid, iron and etc, it is necessary to maintain skin health and beauty.
to prevent skin infections
- Its rich in powerful antioxidant compounds provides strong antibacterial and antiviral properties and prevents various skin infections, regulating proper blood flow throughout the body.
Used in skin beautification products
- It is widely used in products beautification of the skin, as it contains omega-6 fatty acids, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, folic acid, iron, vitamins B, E and etc.
Anti-inflammatory in nature
- Its anti-inflammatory nature offering excellent healing property that prevents the skin from infection of staphylococcus, streptococcus, vaginal yeast infections, foot fungus athlete.
prevents skin damage
- This prevents skin damage from harmful ultraviolet solar rays and prevents the appearance of fine wrinkles and skin pigmentation.
Detoxifier good skin
- is a very good detoxifying the skin due to the presence of antioxidant compounds that help in removing toxins lead to aging.
Benefits of sesame seeds during pregnancy
Reduces the risk of birth defects
- contains a good amount of folic acid is the most essential element used in DNA synthesis by the body thus helps a lot to pregnant women during peri-conception, reducing the risk of defects and other neural tube birth defects in your baby.
Reduces the risk of anemia
- Their high level of iron and folic acid helps pregnant women to be prevented the most common problem of anemia during pregnancy.
Benefits of sesame seeds for the brain
relaxes the mind and reduces anxiety
- Niacin vitamin found in it helps in improving the activity of butyric amino gamma acid (GABA, a major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain that sends signals to other cells) that relaxes the mind and reduces the level anxiety and neurosis problems.
induces sleep and improves mood
- contains an essential amino acid called tryptophan actively involved in serotonin (a neurotransmitter) thus production helps reduce pain by inducing sleep and the right mood and reduce stress levels , anxiety and depression.
The benefits of sesame seeds for bones, joints and teeth
rich source of essential minerals
- It is the richest source of all essential minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, zinc, magnesium, copper, selenium and etc, which plays vital roles in bone mineralization, management of hormone secretion, increased red blood cell count, the synthesis of active enzymes, controlling the activities of the heart and skeletal muscles and many important functions of the body organs.
reduces the risk of bones and joints Problem
- contains an important mineral called copper play a vital role for antioxidant enzyme systems therefore provide relief of symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis or arthritis such as pain, redness, swelling and etc. further prevent the risk of bone and joint problems in the future.
improves bone mineral density
- contains special minerals such as zinc and calcium increases bone mineral density to maintain appropriate health and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Bones and joints Promotes Health
- contains zinc, which promotes bone and joint health of both prevents proper bone formation in later life.
The benefits of sesame seeds for diabetes
Maintains blood pressure and blood glucose level
- have diabetes fight the mineral magnesium, which tends to fight symptoms of diabetes such as decreases high blood pressure, reduces blood glucose level and etc.
Benefits of sesame seeds for cancer
Reduces the risk of various cancers
- The mineral magnesium and the anticancer compound (phytate) found in it has a strong ability to prevent the risk of various cancers including colon, stomach, lung cancer, leukemia, pancreatic cancer, breast and prostate cancer.
prevents DNA damage
- contains an antioxidant compound called sesamol that helps in preventing DNA damage induced by radiation therefore protects against various cancers.
The benefits of sesame seeds for the digestive system
prevents Digestive Disorders
- Sesame seeds are very rich dietary fiber which is especially necessary for maintaining the health of stomach, intestine and colon, as well as to prevent the various digestive disorders by stimulating the proper functioning of the digestive system . severe constipation relief is provided, facilitating proper waste disposal.
The benefits of sesame seeds in the respiratory system
prevents Respiratory Disorders
- Magnesium is found in offering protection against asthma, lung problems and other respiratory disorders by inhibiting airway spasms.
The benefits of sesame seeds for oral health
reduces the risk of infection in the mouth
- helps in removing dental plaque and keeps teeth whitening and reduces the risk of infection in the mouth by streptococci.
Oral prevents the formation of
- also prevents tooth decay, bleeding gums, halitosis, gingivitis and etc.
The benefits of sesame seeds to the liver
maintains the health of the liver
- liver is stimulated to decompose the health effects of poisonous material including alcohol in the body thus maintains the health of the liver and other major organs of the body damaging.
Benefits of sesame seeds hair
maintains healthy hair and scalp
- It is packed with essential vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other nutrients that are essential to maintain healthy hair and scalp.
Best stimulates hair growth
- best hair growth is stimulated, as it contains some essential fatty acids (omega-3, 6 and 9), providing food and hair conditioning through adequate blood flow.
prevents dryness of the scalp
- dryness of the scalp opening clogged pores is avoided and protects hair thinning and hair loss.
Used to treat dandruff problem
- Help in treating antifungal and antibacterial infections and dandruff problems to calm irritated scalp.
strengthens the hair root
- moisturizes the scalp, strengthens the hair root and provides natural shine, elasticity and softness to the hair.
is used to treat premature graying
- helps in the treatment of premature graying hair if consumed regularly.
The benefits of sesame seeds for men
Increases Sexual Health
- is a natural aphrodisiac because of the presence of a special mineral called zinc which helps promote sexual health among men by stimulating the hormone testosterone operation, sperm production and quality, etc.
The benefits of sesame seeds for Women
- relief of symptoms of premenstrual syndrome is provided during the menstrual cycle in women and regulates normal sleep patterns among women after menopause.
reduces the risk of bone fracture
- Reduces the risk of osteoporotic bone fracture of the hip and spine in postmenopausal women.
The medicinal benefits of sesame seeds
strengthens teeth, bones, muscles and joints
- Chewing around 20-25 grams of black sesame seeds in the morning then drink cold water helps strengthen teeth, bones, joints, etc.
- body massage Sesame oil provides periodically to strengthen the muscles, bones and joints.
Strengthens whole body and mind
- Crush about 50-80 g of white sesame seeds and mix well soaked with 20-50 g of brown sugar. Eat this mixture on a daily basis after suryanamaskars to strengthen the body.
- Mix the toasted sesame in the brown sugar and ghee to make small balls. Eating a small Laddoo sesame early morning regularly to strengthen the body and mind.
prevents tooth infections
- Rubbing sesame oil teeth teeth prevents infections and other problems.
prevents digestive problems
- Eating mix sesame seeds 1 TSF and desi ghee twice a day, especially in the winter season helps to get free from severe constipation, hemorrhoids (pile) and other digestive problems.
Other health benefits of sesame seeds
Improves the best growth of children
- Sesame seeds mostly belong to the category of high-quality protein with essential amino acids of vegetarian diet improves better growth of children.
regulates the functioning of muscles
- Magnesium and calcium found in it have antispasmodic properties and regulates functioning of muscles, such as contraction and relaxation.
stimulates the proper functioning of nerve
- Thiamine is found in it has the mind and body to calm the property to stimulate the proper functioning of nerves thus prevents muscle spasms, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Its content in vitamin E provides a strong ability to fight the disease.
Benefits of sesame seeds Black
Reduces bad cholesterol level
- Black sesame seeds are very effective in reducing the level of bad cholesterol in the blood because it contains soluble dietary fibers called lignans (sesamin and sesamolina).
reduces the growth of tumor cells
- high level of phytosterols found in it has the ability to reduce the risk of growth of tumor cells in the body.
Cures Common Eye Problems
- Provides adequate to feed the cells of the eye and cure the common eye problems such as blurred vision, dry eyes, etc.
keeps the energy level
- helps maintain the appropriate level of energy, nourishing the body and brain and delay aging.
Relieves Several problems
- Its regular consumption provides relief from problems such as back pain, joint pain and stiffness, weakness, etc.
Sesame oil benefits
rich source of essential nutrients and healthy
- Sesame oil is generally used in India for cooking and body massage. It contains variety of essential and healthy to nourish the skin, hair, bones and joints nutrients.
keeps blood pressure under control
- also keeps under control blood pressure and maintains the proper secretion of serotonin in the brain.
Benefits sesame oil skin
good skin moisturizer
- is a very good skin moisturizer that has emollient and anti-inflammatory properties that helps make hydrated, fair, smooth and supple skin to deeply nourish.
- acts as a good sunscreen and removes all impurities from the skin and toxins.
prevents skin infections
- This prevents the skin from fungal diseases, free radicals and other infections.
rich source of vitamin E
- its vitamin E improves its antioxidant properties and prevents the skin from free radicals, oxidative stress and exposure to ultra violet rays.
Remedy for dry skin
- contains stearic, linoleic and palmitic acids are emollient in nature and causes dry skin soft and supple.
slows down skin aging
- aging process slows down skin and eliminate wrinkles and fine lines in the skin.
Promotes skin cells New Growth
- helps in removing dead skin cells and promotes the growth of new skin cells in order to provide clear and glowing skin if massaged correctly.
makes the skin smooth and fair
- Massaging the skin of the face properly with sesame oil for 10 minutes and then wash with warm water for a smooth and fair skin. Mixture of sesame oil and curcumin can also be applied.
Makes the skin elastic and smooth
- zinc found in sesame oil and promotes proper collagen makes elastic, and smooth skin.
promotes wound healing
- This prevents the skin from sun, psoriasis, eczema and promotes wound healing process.
Relieves various skin problems
- Applying sesame oil to dry cracked heels, knees, elbows and other affected skin provides immediate relief.
Benefits of sesame oil for hair
Saves the scalp clean and moisturized
- Regular massage with sesame oil on the scalp darkens hair color, reduces hair loss and prevents dandruff and dryness of the scalp, keeping clean and moisturized.
promotes hair growth
- hair growth is enhanced by strengthening hair roots.
Other health benefits sesame oil
preventing arthritic problems
- development is promoted healthy bones because it contains minerals such as zinc, calcium, copper and phosphorus, as well as arthritic avoid future problems.
regulates cholesterol and blood pressure
- regulates the level of blood cholesterol and blood pressure under control.
prevents stress, depression and stress
- is an antidepressant maintains the level of serotonin in the control thus prevents stress, depression and stress.
promotes sleep and relaxes the mind
- proper head massage promotes sleep and relax the mind and stimulates the growth of the brain and nervous system function.
Nutritional benefits of toasted sesame seeds / 100 g Til
(Source: database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 573 kcal
Carbohydrates: 23.45 g
Total Fat: 49.67 g
Dietary fiber: 11.8 g
Sugar: 0.48 g
Water: 5 g
Protein: 17.73 g
Tryptophan: 0.371 g
Threonine: 0.704 g
Isoleucine: 0.730 g
Methionine: 0.560 g
Phenylalanine: 0.899 g
Tyrosine: 0.710 g
Valine: 0.947 g
Cystine: 0.342 g
Lysine: 0.544 g
Proline: 0.774 g
Serine: 0.925 g
Alanine: 0.886 g
Leucine: 1,299 g
Arginine: 2,515 g
Histidine: 0.499 g
aspartic acid: 1574 g
Glutamic acid: 3,782 g
Glycine: 1,162 g
Thiamine: 0.791 mg
Riboflavin: 0.247 mg
Niacin 4.515 mg
Pantothenic acid: 0.050 mg
Pyridoxine: 0.790 mg
Folate: 97 g
Vitamin A: 9 IU
Vitamin E: 0.25 mg
Sodium: 11 mg
Potassium: 468 mg
Calcium: 975 mg
Copper: 4,082 mg
Iron: 14.55 mg
Magnesium: 351 mg
Manganese: 2.460 mg
Phosphorus: 629 mg
Selenium: 34.4 g
Zinc 7.75 mg
Nutritional value of sesame oil per 100 g
Energy: 884 kcal
Fat : 100 g
Saturated: 14,200 g
Monounsaturated fats: 39,700 g
Polyunsaturated: 41,700 g
Vitamin E: 1.40 mg
Vitamin K: 13.6 g
How to enjoy
Sesame (up) seeds can be enjoyed in different ways so it is a part of the favorite dishes. Has nutty flavor can be eaten raw or dry roasted worldwide to equip their powerful health benefits. Mostly it used in Indian cooking to enhance flavor and aroma.
raw seeds and dry toast sesame can be used to sprinkle on toast, pastries, breads, cookies, muffins, cookies, cakes, fruit or vegetable salads, curries, stir fries, pizzas, pasta, steamed broccoli, sweet delicacies as Laddoo of roasted peanuts and almonds with brown sugar and goals.
ground sesame seeds can also be used as a paste to add it to the sauce, chutney or sprinkled on salads, desserts, ice cream and sesame oil, etc. It is used as cooking oil in many countries such as Indonesia, India, Malaysia and etc.
How to select and store
It is widely available to spice shops throughout the year in polythene bags to carry. Try to buy packages of fresh sesame seeds unique, freshly packed and tight as they can get stale or odor due to the presence of unsaturated fats in it. It should be stored in cool, dry, dark place by packing in airtight containers for several months. hulled sesame seeds can be stored in the refrigerator, because they are very prone to rancidity.
disadvantages, side effects and precautions
- Some people are allergic to it, as it may cause hypersensitivity due to the presence of a protein called oleosins and develop symptoms of hives, itching, dermatitis (skin inflammation). In severe cases it can lead vomiting, abdominal pain, chest tightness, swelling of the lips, throat, difficulty breathing and even death.
- Sesame seeds have oxalates in his helmet so eat lots can lead to stone formation in the gall bladder and kidney.
- Sesame seeds should be soaked for 10 minutes before eating as its outer layer contains oxalic acid which inhibits calcium absorption in the body. He eats rubbing hands to remove the outer layer.
- Eating lots of what should be avoided by pregnant and lactating women, as it can increase body heat.
- Eating more than the requirement that can affect the eyes.
- is calorie-rich food that can lead to weight gain if you eat over the limit.
- should be avoided by the person suffering from diverticulitis.
How sesame seeds to eat per day
Sesame seeds should not be eaten more than requested by the person of any age group as it can lead to some health problems as mentioned above. If you eat on a daily basis trying to limit it to one to two TSF. However, it should be adequately consulted by the doctor to learn more about the daily dose according to the health condition.
Additional Tags for this post
lemon seeds benefits | vital health records and their utility | sweet melon health benefits | health fair triva questions | vital health record and their utility |
You May Also Like :