Health Benefits of Radish (Muli)
About Radish / Muli
radish or muli is a root vegetable belongs to the Brassicaceae family, found and consumed worldwide. It is found in many varieties, sizes, shapes (round, long, oval) and (white, purple, red, pink, gray-black, green, yellow and etc) colors according to the season and the duration of the crop. Some varieties are grown only for seeds and oil seeds.
generally eaten raw in salads and vegetables from their leaves. It has a sweet and sour taste. They are available in the summer season from April to June and in the winter season, from October to January. pod seed varieties grown for radish seeds.
ADVANTAGES OF RADISH / MULI
Benefits of white radish
Radish or muli, leaves, seeds oil seeds and has variety of health benefits and is used to treat various diseases or conditions. All the beneficial effects of radish are mentioned below:
Used to treat jaundice
Radish is used for years to treat jaundice because it acts as a good detoxifier for the liver and stomach.
purifies the blood
This helps in purifying the blood and removing toxins and waste from the body through urine.
removes excess bilirubin
- excess bilirubin is removed if eaten during jaundice and helps maintain its low production.
Reduces the red cell destruction
- This prevents red blood cells from unnecessary destruction and improves the oxygen supply fresh blood for better transportation throughout the body.
- Radish is considered to have more fiber and fiber helps aid digestion, treat constipation, diarrhea and water retention is why it is used largely for treatment of hemorrhoids and their symptoms.
is used to treat urinary disorders
- As it is a very good diuretic (increases urine production), which is used to treat urinary disorders.
reduces the burning sensation
- it reduces inflammation and burning sensation when urinating.
removes toxins from the body
- prevents the kidneys and urinary system infection and other disorders by removing excess toxins of the body.
Reduces the risk of heart disease
- is considered as having good source of anthocyanins (flavonoids, responsible for color) that reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer.
- has the anti-inflammatory property that reduces inflammation during infection.
Used to treat cancer
- is good to have detoxifying high level of vitamin C, folic acid and flavonoids, which are very useful in the treatment of various cancers (intestinal, colon, stomach, kidney and oral cancer).
inhibits the production cancer cells
- It is packed with antioxidants and isthiocyanates that can cause the death of cancer cells, inhibit their production and improve their elimination from the body.
- As it is a good source of potassium, which helps keep blood pressure under control. It also reduces blood pressure in people with hypertension because it relaxes blood vessels and keeps blood flow.
regulates bile production
- Helps good digestion because it keeps the production of bile and protects the liver and gallbladder.
Used to treat insect bites
- As has anti-pruritic properties, is very effective in treating insect bites and bee stings. Reduces pain and swelling in the area of the bite, and relieves the affected area.
Avoid dehydration of the body of
- is high water content helps maintain the moisture level of the body and preventing dehydration .
Relieves sore throat
- also helps relieve respiratory problems and sore throat to relieve congestion and clean the sinuses paranasal.
stimulates the immune system
- Its high content of vitamin C promotes immune system health if consumed regularly. It prevents common infections like colds and coughs.
strengthens blood vessels
- also contributes to the creation of collagen, which strengthens blood vessels and reduces the risk of atherosclerosis and therefore heart disease.
- body temperature is reduced during fever and relieves inflammation in the body.
- has anti-congestive properties that helps relieve disorders such as bronchitis, asthma, irritation of the nose and throat, allergies, etc.
- is a good appetizer, laxative and regulator of metabolism. It helps in treating headaches, heartburn, nausea, obesity, whooping cough, stomach problems, gallstones and heartburn.
- Its high content of vitamin C also prevents the body from free radical damage, cancer, inflammation and premature aging .
provides a cooling effect during the summer
- Radishes are the natural food that has cooling effect on the body that decreases the excess body heat during the summer season.
Benefits Black Radish
- is especially radish variety for treating jaundice preferred. Its leaves are also chewed or eaten as a vegetable by cooking for the treatment of jaundice.
Benefits of red radish
Loaded with healthy nutrients
- Radish is loaded with healthy nutrients such as vitamin E, a, C, B6, K, antioxidants, fiber, zinc, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, calcium, iron and manganese which have their own health benefits.
- The content of carbohydrates and proteins help keep the body energized all the time and get fatigue and aches body because it has anti-inflammatory properties.
provides relief from sinus problems
- works as a natural decongestant and has an antibacterial and antiviral property that helps in alleviating problems breast. Eating red radishes cucumber mixed with olive oil, black pepper, salt and garlic breasts closed opens and relieves pressure on the head.
is used to treat constipation and hemorrhoids
- I was a natural laxative effect provides relief from constipation and hemorrhoids.
prevents many problems
- various problems are prevented such as cancer, asthma, eczema, arthritis and skin problems like dry, acne , itching, insect bites, etc.
Maintains healthy kidney
- keeps the kidneys healthy and functioning.
Benefits of radish leaves
rich in vitamins and minerals
- radish leaves contains more vitamins and minerals that that should not be discarded but is used as a vegetable.
- Radish leaves vegetable contains high dietary and less fat fibers thus helps in the digestive system healthy and make reliefs constipation.
- Eat your vehicle regularly helps to improve the hemoglobin level and the fight against tiredness and fatigue.
dissolves the calculations
- Drinking juice of radish leaves help in dissolving the stone in the urinary bladder and making easy step.
Used to treat Pilas
- Taking muli leaves powder (dried in the shade) with the same amount of sugar or eat muli leaves vegetables helps in the treatment of hemorrhoids.
Benefits of Radish Seeds
Used to treat leucoderma
- The detoxifying and anti-cancer properties seed radish make it better for treating leucoderma. The application of powder radish seeds soaked in vinegar (also ginger juice or urine of cows) in the white spots assists in the treatment of leucoderma.
bladder or kidney stones removed
- Eating muli seeds three to four times a day helps in removing the bladder or kidney stones .
regulates the menstrual cycle
- also helps in the treatment of irregular menstrual cycle in women.
Advantages of radish juice
fight with infections
- Drink your juice with black salt helps fight infections, because of its good disinfectant property.
- containing all the vitamins and minerals needed to nourish the body’s health.
benefits radish juice skin
treating various skin problems
- it is useful in the treatment of various skin problems such as leucoderma. It is beneficial in both directions if applied directly or eaten form.
makes the skin healthy and glowing
- has a good level of vitamin C, zinc, phosphorus and B vitamins; which helps in making healthy, smooth, shiny and smooth.
- Its high water level keeps the normal level of skin moisture.
- crushed horseradish is also used as a good package of cleanser and face.
prevents Skin Disorders
- have disinfectant properties that keeps the skin away from skin disorders such as dry skin, rashes, acne, pimples and cracks.
Repair of damaged cells and improving production cells
- The vitamins A and K are present in radish preventing skin of various disorders. Regular consumption helps better production and cell repair.
keeps skin, hair and nails
- availability of iron which helps in blood formation and maintains skin health , hair and nails. Consuming foods rich in iron on a daily basis gives improves the overall appearance.
benefits radish juice hair
prevents hair loss
- If they eat regularly, help in the struggle with the problems of hair loss and stimulates hair growth and strengthens hair roots and follicles.
- helps get rid of dandruff problems if eaten or applied directly to the scalp. Rub the radish juice on the scalp helps remove dandruff.
makes hair shiny and strong
- Eating or drinking its juice makes hair shiny and strong.
- Their iron content makes the hair healthy and long term.
smooth hair ago
- Their high water content maintains the level of hair softness and hydration.
Benefits radish weight loss
Low Calorie Food
- This makes stomach satiety to satisfy hunger without adding calories. It has very low carbohydrates, high fiber, low glycemic index and water.
regulate bowel movements
- This helps a lot in the strategy weight loss by controlling bowel movements and increase the process metabolism.
Benefits of radish in diabetes
maintains the level of blood sugar
- as plant is a crop that has a low glycemic index which does not increase the level of blood sugar. Regulates the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream thus maintains the level of blood sugar in diabetics.
Benefits of Radish in pregnancy
Nurture mother and baby
- has folates and iron during pregnancy helps to keep count of red blood cells and prevents the baby from several birth defects.
Regula life of the mother
- regulates levels of blood sugar and blood pressure during pregnancy.
Nutritional benefits of radish / Muli 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 16 kcal
Carbohydrates: 3.40 g
Protein: 0.68 g
Fat: 0.10 g
dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
Sugar: 1.86 g
Thiamine: 0.012 mg
pantothenic acid: 0.165 mg
folate: 25 g
Niacin 0.254 mg
pyridoxine: 0.071 mg
Riboflavin: 0.039 mg
Vitamin A 7 UI
Vitamin C: 14.8 mg
Vitamin K 1.3 mg
Sodium: 39 mg
Potassium : 233 mg
Calcium: 25 mg
Copper: 0.050 mg
Iron: 0.34 mg
Magnesium: 10 mg
Manganese 0.069 mg
Phosphorus: 20 mg
Fluoride: 6 g
Zinc: 0, 28 mg
Carotene-ß: 4 mg
lutein-zeaxanthin: 10 g
Selection and Storage of radish
always select fresh radish, medium-sized, heavy and firm with the appropriate root and green leaves. Avoid buying radish with cracked skin or cuts or bruises. Wash them well with tap water to remove dust and soil. Store with leaves that help in storage for many days. It can also be stored in plastic bags in the refrigerator up to a week.
How to enjoy
Muli Parantha, pickles and salad muli muli are some of the famous Indian dishes. Its leaves are cooked alone or in combination with spinach, turnip-greens, mustard greens, bathua and etc to be used in soups, curries or vegetable recipes.
disadvantages, side effects and precautions secondary radish
- Radishes have a compound called goitrogens from plants can cause problems with the thyroid gland as swelling and etc. It is avoided by people with thyroid dysfunction.
- Eating radishes over the limit can cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- is avoided by people who suffer from gallstones.
- It is also avoid eating more during pregnancy and lactation.
- avoid eating raw radish boiled water or while hungry.
How Radish for lunch one day
is difficult to limit the number of radish for lunch one day, as it depends on the age and health of the body. Eat radishes in large quantity can cause several problems if the person suffers from an illness or poor health. However, in general, it is good to eat for everyone, because it has low sodium, low blood sugar, cholesterol, high levels of potassium, calcium, iron, vitamins and fiber.
Additional Tags for this post
is muli good for acid |
You May Also Like :