Health Benefits of Potato (Aloo)
About potatoes / Aloo
Aloo potato or is very healthy, starch and edible tuberous root vegetable cultivated once a year in many regions of the world. It is one of the largest vegetable used in the world, belongs to the family Solanaceae. Historically, potatoes are grown for thousands of (7000-10000) for years, with over a thousand varieties.
China is the largest producer of potatoes worldwide. One third of the total potato production worldwide is produced by India and China. Is a very convenient food can be used and eaten in many respects, mashed, roasted, baked or etc.
ADVANTAGES OF THE POPE / ALOO
Potatoes are very healthy foods because they are packed with nutrients nutrition the human body. They have variety of amazing nutritional benefits for health. It is a food appreciated by most people because of their nutritional health and taste properties. Some of the nutritional health benefits of potatoes are mentioned below:
Benefits Potato heart
regulates heart function
- contains soluble dietary fibers that help in regulating heart function by reducing the bad cholesterol in the blood.
- contains a special compound called kukoamine that has the ability to lower blood pressure thus helps in preventing hypertension.
normal controls blood pressure
- contains low in sodium and high potassium which helps control blood pressure normal.
Benefits potato for the digestive system
Manages digestive functions
- contains insoluble dietary fibers which help in managing the digestive functioning.
Saves a full stomach
- This makes the stomach full for AIDS as well in controlling weight.
Source of phytochemicals
- Contains variety of phytochemicals including flavonoids that have their own nutritional health effects.
relieves constipation and hemorrhoids
- Eat boiled potatoes or steamed it provides relief from constipation and hemorrhoids by promoting the passage of the stool soft and hydrated.
Benefits of potato skin
nourishes the skin
- Is rich source of various types of vitamins (vitamin A, B, C, E, K and etc) therefore provides better nourishment to the skin.
Makes skin healthy and glowing
- Vitamin C is found in Help in preventing cell damage, aids in the production of collagen and iron absorption thus makes the skin healthy and glowing.
good face pack
- acts as a good face pack if the pulp mixture of mashed potatoes and honey facial skin is applied.
cures skin problems
- helps in healing pimples, blackheads, acne and skin problems, etc.
relieves pain of burned skin
- immediate relief from pain of burned skin is provided if potato pulp is applied to the affected areas and promotes faster healing.
Other health benefits of potatoes
- contains lots of compounds that have antioxidant phytonutrients such as carotenoids, caffeic acid, flavonoids, patatin and etc, which have the capacity to protect against free radicals and aging.
contains vitamin B6
- containing vitamin B6 is mostly required by the body for the synthesis of proteins and nucleic acids.
improves wound healing
- the process of wound healing is improved and keeps teeth and gums healthy.
- body’s immune system thus prevents various infections is increased.
improves athletic performance
- helps in improving athletic performance as vitamin B6 is that it helps in the breakdown of glycogen molecules stored in the liver cells and sugar.
relieves pain and inflammation
- pain relief and inflammation of rheumatism is provided, as is a good source of calcium and magnesium.
to strengthen bones
- is one of the vegetables that has all the essential minerals that help in building strong bones and promotes the proper functioning of nerves and muscles.
Reduces the risk of kidney stones
- risk of kidney stone formation is reduced, as is the rich source of magnesium, which prevents the unnecessary accumulation of calcium in the kidney.
- is an excellent source of iron and folic acid, which are required by the body to produce red blood cells, thus preventing anemia.
Benefits potato for the brain and nervous system
Nourish neurological cells
- containing vitamin B6 which helps keep the nervous system by nourishing the neurological cells.
rich source of vitamin B6
- Vitamin B6 is required by the body to produce neurotransmitters to transmit messages throughout the body through the nerves.
Prevents brain disorders
- helps in the prevention of brain disorders such as depression, sleep disorders during the night, and etc.
relaxes the body and mind
- secretion of adrenaline hormones that relaxes the body is improved and therefore prevents the mind from stress.
Potato Benefits for Cancer Prevention
Removes Toxic Substances
- Vitamin B6 is found in performing great role in methylation thus prevents various cancer by promoting the elimination of toxic substances from the body.
Benefits of potato weight gain
- is a total energy food very high amount of carbohydrates and too little protein that makes it an ideal solution for weak and thin to put on weight people immediately diet.
meets the needs of high energy
- high amount of vitamins B and C found in Help in the proper absorption of carbohydrates. This helps as a staple diet of sumo wrestlers and other athletes to meet their high energy.
Advantages of potato juice
Used to treat gastrointestinal disorders
- Drink half a glass of raw potato juice helps in the treatment of gastritis, gastric ulcers, colitis, intestinal ulcers, as it has anti-acid wound healing properties and properties.
relieves pain and inflammation
- acts as an anti-inflammatory agent so wonderful, provides relief from joint pain, back pain and inflammation in arthritis.
Alkalizes whole body
- is very alkaline in nature that alkaline entire body thus preventing cardiovascular disease and cancer.
emptied of uric acid
- is a wonderful treatment for gout because it promotes washing uric acid from the body.
Lowers Cholesterol Level
- helps improve overall body health by reducing cholesterol level down.
flushes the toxin
- is a very good and cheap detoxifying agent flushes the toxin from the liver and gallbladder.
Beauty Benefits / benefits of potato juice facial skin and hair
is used to treat eczema and acne
- This is a good home to treat acne and eczema problems thus cleanses the skin in less time remedy.
keeps the skin healthy and smooth
- The application of cold potato juice on the skin provides help in treating stains, sunburn, wrinkles and gives the skin a healthy glow and softness.
Removes dark circles
- to eliminate dark circles under the eyes if applied with cotton balls.
- rub a cotton swab soaked in the juice to get rid of a tired face and eyes.
Lightens skin tone
- Application of potato juice with a few drops of lemon juice to skin lightens the skin color naturally.
Makes skin flawless and wrinkle free
- The application of the mixture of potato juice, Multani Mitti and lemon juice on the skin is flawless and free skin wrinkled.
- The application of the mixture of potato juice and curd prevents anti-aging by hydrating skin thoroughly and reduce fine lines.
Curas eye puffiness
- The application of the mixture of cucumber juice and potato juice to face lightens the skin tone and eye puffiness cure.
Remedy for dry skin
- is very good home remedy for the problem of dry skin that do not respond to any lotion or cream remedy. Drinking a glass of potato juice on a daily basis protects the skin from harmful toxins.
promotes hair growth
- Application of potato juice as a mask promotes hair growth faster hair.
ago silky straight hair
- The application of the mixture of potato juice, egg white and honey for hair for 2 hours, the then wash with any mild shampoo it makes hair silky, smooth, long black hair.
Prevents hair Greying
- is a very good home remedy for gray hair prevented. Wash your hair after using the shampoo with cold boiled water peeling potatoes provides natural black hair color.
prevents hair loss
- The application of hair mask potato juice, honey and aloe vera juice to the roots of the hair and scalp for 2 hours and washing with any mild shampoo prevents hair loss.
Potato Nutritional Benefits / Aloo per 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 70 kcal
Carbohydrates 17.47 g
Starch: 15.44 g
Dietary fiber: 2.5 g
Water: 75 g
Protein: 1.89 g
Total Fat 0.10 g
saturates 0.03 g
Polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0.04 g
Thiamine: 0.081 mg
Riboflavin: 0.038 mg
Niacin: 1,149 mg
Pantothenic acid: 0.279 mg
Pyridoxine: 0.239 mg
Folate 18 mcg
Vitamin A 7 UI
Vitamin C 11.4 mg
Vitamin K: 2.9 mcg
Vitamin E: 0.01 mg
Sodium: 6 mg
Potassium: 455 mg
Calcium: 10 mg
Iron: 0.73 mg
Magnesium: 22 mg
Phosphorus: 61 mg
Zinc 0.33 mg
Copper: 0.11 mg
Selenium 0.3 mg
Beta-carotene: 4 mcg
Lutein-zeaxanthin 21 mcg
Pope can be enjoyed in many ways, as it is used in many kitchens worldwide. From the point of view of health, it is best to eat potatoes with all his skin, as it is concentrated source of healthy nutrients, including dietary fiber. It is enjoyed as a boiled, fried, baked, cooked in combination with other vegetables vegetables, aloo bhujiya, steamed, diced potato, mashed potatoes with milk, yogurt or butter, stuffed with potato curry aloo, paneer Aloo , chips, aloo chips, soup, toast, pancakes and sliced, etc.
how to select and store potato
Always buy fresh, firm, smooth, bright color, solid and well-formed potatoes from the market. Avoid buying smelly, wrinkled, blemished, bruised, sprouts, green, cutting and etc. It can be stored for a long time if placed in dark, cool, dry, safe place. Keep it away from direct sunlight light, heat and humidity to prevent early caries.
disadvantages, side effects and precautions potato side
- Beware of buying potatoes in the market, as they can be produced organically and cause serious health problems due to the availability of organic pesticides residues on the skin of the potato. harmful chemicals found in pesticides can affect the functioning of the major organs such as the liver, nervous system, kidneys and etc.
- consumption of processed foods and fried potatoes (French fries, pakode Aloo, fries and etc) should be avoided as they contain a compound called acrylamide harmful lead to serious health problems.
- Eat potatoes more than the daily requirement they should be avoided because they contain some other toxic substances such as solanine, alkaloids and etc, which cause various health problems such as weakness, nausea, headache, diarrhea, cramps stomach, muscle cramps dizziness, loss of memory, loss of concentration, and even coma.
- Sometimes potato juice can cause diarrhea in some people so it must be treated before drinking. It should also avoid eating potato juice if your stomach is upset.
How to eat potato
As it mentioned in this article that the pope has some health benefits as well as some disadvantages and side effects so it is very clear that eating potatoes need some precautions to make a healthy balance. daily requirement of potatoes depends on the conditions of health and age of the person. However, a regular and normal food in the day to day is not harmful.
You May Also Like :