Health Benefits of Pineapple (Ananas)
About Pineapple / Ananas
pineapples is very nutritious and delicious fruit that has rich amounts of vitamins and minerals. It is very vibrant and juicy fruit with sweet flavor. It is considered as the favorite fruit tropical America. It is a seasonal fruit grown in tropical regions and is commonly found in March to June in local markets.
The pineapple fruit is a complex composed of many flowers merging the central core. It is generally found in various colors like scaly green, brown, red or yellow. It belongs to the Bromeliad family, it takes about 20-24 months flowering and fruiting in 6 months. It originated in southern Brazil and Paraguay, which then spread throughout South America, Central America, the Caribbean and Mexico. It is called as the “pine of the Indians” and brought to Europe by Columbus in 1493.
ADVANTAGES OF PINEAPPLE / PINEAPPLE
Pineapple is very delicious and juicy fruit loved by almost all the world because of its taste and variety of health benefits. Some of the benefits to the nutritional health of pineapple mentioned below:
rich in vitamins and minerals
- pineapple is loaded with a variety of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, B, C, E, K, potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium and etc.
fights free radicals
- have antioxidant property that helps in the fight against free radicals and prevent various diseases, including diseases heart, arteriosclerosis, arthritis, cancer and etc.
- Its rich in vitamin C and bromelain helps fight diseases and infections caused by viruses such as cold intense, cough, etc.
- mineral high availability of pineapples strengthens bones and connective tissues.
keeps gums and teeth
- Regular consumption of pineapples provides healthy gums and teeth.
maintains healthy eyes
- Ananas prevents macular degeneration and age-related eye vision remains long. Nourishes the retina and prevents damage.
Keeps Eye Care
- Its beta carotene availability also helps keep the view maintained if consumed regularly eye.
- has anti-inflammatory property which prevents various types of inflammation caused by diseases such as arthritis and bronchitis .
Source of bromelain
- has bromelain that aids in preventing sinusitis, gout, carpal tunnel syndrome, pain throat, inflammations and other problems.
- Its antioxidant quality prevents the body cells damaged by fighting with free radicals and causative agent of tumor. Therefore, it is very healthy fruit that helps in preventing cancers.
Reduces bad cholesterol
- prevents the development of atherosclerosis by combating free radicals thus decreases the level of bad cholesterol , keeps the heart healthy and prevent heart disease.
stimulates the immune system
- Your vitamin availability C favors so the immune system keeps the body healthy all season, keeping all diseases away.
Improves digestion of proteins
- bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme found in neutralizes the fluids and regulates pancreatic to aid in digestion secretions. This enzyme has the ability to digest protein thus maintains healthy digestive tract by improving the digestion of proteins.
contains high level of vitamin C
- Drinking a glass of juice regularly helps in preventing the accumulation of mucus in the throat as it leaves out the mucus through coughing and clean the passageway lungs due to high availability of vitamin C.
prevents blood clots
- Regular consumption of pineapple juice prevents the formation of blood clots due to its anticoagulant property.
Maintains healthy oral cavity
- Ananas maintains healthy oral cavity by preventing any growth of bacteria and plaque formation in the buccal mucosa.
contains proteolytic enzyme
- The proteolytic enzyme found in the nucleus and the stem has anti-coagulation, anti-inflammatory properties and natural property of detoxification.
aid in collagen synthesis
- His assists availability of Vitamin C in high level in collagen synthesis stimulating health skin, bones, organs and blood vessels.
Increases energy level
- The manganese content drives the overall energy level of the body and protects against free radicals because it uses biotin and thiamine in order to synthesize fatty acids.
Maintains electrolyte Body Balance
- high potassium level in pineapple juice maintains and electrolyte balance of the body improves renal function. It also prevents muscle pain and muscle cramps.
rich source of potassium
- Ananas controls the rate of blood pressure and heart due to high availability of potassium.
good source of vitamin A
- Vitamin A and availability of beta-carotene in the pineapple helps eliminate free radicals, stimulating the body’s immune system and improve the function of the eye.
Benefits of pineapple juice
good digestive agent
- This is the fact that pineapple juice on the pineapple is a good digestive agent because of its enzyme bromelain that helps a lot in digestion.
Relieves Digestive Disorders
- its vitamin C and fiber high availability also aids in digestion and provides relief from the digestive disorders.
- Catarrh is prevented, a problem belongs to the mucosal secretions, if taken regularly.
controls high blood pressure
- Ananas controls blood pressure to normal levels by reducing the level of cholesterol in the blood.
Benefits Pineapple Children
prevents Intestinal Worms
- Generally, children they are prone to intestinal worms that can lead to serious health problems. Eating pineapple on a regular basis prevents stomach worms therefore keeps the digestive system healthy and strong.
Benefits of pineapple for pregnant women
Relieves morning sickness
- Eat pineapple dish fasting prevents the symptoms of nausea and provides relief from nausea.
- labor is induced by increasing uterine contractions and softening of the cervix.
Benefits Pineapple weight loss
prevents gain Extra weight
- Pineapple it is a tropical fruit, of course, are loaded with vitamins, minerals, low in fat, calories and cholesterol, high in fiber that promotes good health and prevents further weight gain if taken regularly.
Benefits of pineapple juice to the skin
Prevents premature aging
- is a excellent source of vitamin C which is mainly required by the body for the synthesis of collagen (major structural protein) to maintain the integrity of the skin. It also prevents free radical thus helps in maintaining youth by preventing premature aging process.
Provides skin glow and Justice
- Ananas is a fruit rich in vitamins that provides shine and fairness to the skin.
accelerates wound healing
- Pineapple juice is very useful for treating acne and accelerates the process of wound healing .
Benefits of pineapple in diabetes
maintains the level of blood sugar
- pineapple juice helps keep the level of blood sugar, because sugar makes extra blood into useful energy.
controls blood sugar
- Small balls by mixing the juice with triphla tabs powder up, seeds jamun powder and gokharu and eat twice a day helps control the level of blood sugar.
Benefits of pineapple for women
Relieves menstrual disorder
- relief is provided menstrual disorders among women because it contains the enzyme bromelain.
menstrual Curas Disorders
- Taking the juice of raw pineapple powder chhal peepal GUR and regularly helps in curing menstrual disorders .
Benefits of pineapple for men
rich source of vitamins, antioxidants and enzymes
- pineapple is considered anti-inflammation cocktail because of its natural ability to take vitamins, antioxidants and enzymes in one place.
- have fatty acids and polyphenols that aid in reducing inflammation of the cells and joints.
Used to treat hyperthyroidism
- Controls the thyroid glands functioning therefore useful in the treatment of hyperthyroidism, keeping fatigue and tiredness away.
prevents heart diseases
- helps in the prevention of heart disease and other deadly diseases like cancer.
improves sexual capacity
- Ananas improve sexual ability in men by improving semen quality.
Benefits of pineapple on the face or beauty benefits
Treats skin, dullness and dryness
- the application of crushed pineapple mask on the face helps to remove dead skin cells and provide relieve the monotony of the skin and dryness.
- Its availability vitamin C helps protect against the effects of aging and wrinkles due to sunlight.
makes young skin
- Pineapple is a very good natural skin exfoliant that makes young skin free of any defect or pimples.
Makes fresh and wrinkle-free skin
- The application of the mask of pineapple on the face by mixing with oil olive or honey makes the skin looks fresh and wrinkle free.
Benefits of Murabba pineapple
reduces the stress level
- Eating murabba pineapple helps regulate mood in keeping cool and happy by reducing the level of stress.
Nutritional Benefits Pineapple / Ananas per 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 50 kcal
Carbohydrates: 13.12 g
Sugar: 9.85 g
dietary fiber: 1.4g
Fat: 0.12 g
Protein: 0.54 g
Thiamine: 0.079 mg
Riboflavin: 0,032 mg
Niacin 0.5 mg
pantothenic acid: 0.213 mg
Vitamin B6: 0.112 mg
folate: 18 g
Hill: 5.5 mg
Vitamin C: 47.8 mg
Vitamin A: 58 IU
Vitamin E: 0.02 mg
Vitamin K: 0.07 g
Potassium: 109 mg
Sodium: 1 mg
Calcium: 13 mg
Iron: 0.29 mg
Magnesium: 12 mg
Manganese 0.927 mg
Phosphorus: 8 mg
Zinc: 0.12 mg
Copper: 0.110 mg
Selenium 0.1 mg
Carotene-SS: 35 g
Selection and Storage pineapple / Ananas
fresh pineapples you can find on the market in the summer season, especially in March to June. You can buy it by choosing heavy either large or small. Do not buy pineapples have mildew, bruised skin or eyes darkened. It should have a sweet odor on the rod side. The freshness of the fruit can be checked by touching fingers in it that gives clunk if solid and mature sounding hollow properly otherwise if immature way.
pineapples storage in the refrigerator for a long time should be avoided because it is very sensitive to cold. It can be stored for only 1 or 2 days in cold storage before using. However, it is best consumed soon after purchase.
Enjoying Pineapple / Ananas
Can be enjoyed as a snack food directly from food or drink juice in the morning after breakfast. You can also take as salads, desserts, jellies and jams for more flavors.
disadvantages, side effects and precautions secondary pineapple
- is not as good for diabetic patients or conscious people so sweet weight of pineapple contains high fructose.
- In general, cause irritation of the mucous membranes of the mouth that can cause ulcers or sores on the tongue.
- is a fruit of high glycemic index (66) which can increase the level of insulin and lead to type 2 diabetes
- This is a fruit rich in bromelain that can cause sore lips and swell when consumed in large quantities.
- allergic to some people and causes inflammation of the tongue, hives, rashes, breathing problems and other side effects.
- eat pineapples in large quantities can cause bleeding disorders as bromelain acts as a mild blood thinner. It should be avoided by people with hemophilia.
How pineapple for lunch one day
Eating pineapple is too harmful to health, so it should be consumed within the limit. Eating a cup of sliced pineapple or drinking a glass of juice two or three times a week is fine.
You May Also Like :