Health Benefits of Onion (Pyaz)
About onion (Pyaz)
onion (common or bulb onion) is called as the pyaz or king of vegetables because of its spicy and pungent flavor and belongs to the lily family (Allium) like garlic. It varies in size, shape, color and flavor and is classified as spring or summer onions and yellow, green, white or red.
they are grown and used raw or cooked for many purposes around the world. Yellow onions are sweet and especially in the manufacture of onion soup. red onions are spicier and used to make salads, sandwiches and etc. White onions are soft flavor used to eat raw or cooked. Green onions / are not fully developed spring onions used to eat raw or mixed into the curry. It becomes smaller onions sharper than others and causes watery eyes during cutting them due to the presence of organic sulfur. Onion is the most famous of vegetables and a good source of antioxidants, soluble fiber, flavonoids and etc, it is essential to add in the daily diet. They have sweet or spicy aromatic flavor because of these antioxidant compounds.
ADVANTAGES OF ONION / PYAZ
Onions contain sulfur-containing compounds (allyl sulfides, monosulfide diallyl disulfide diallyl, diallyl trisulfide, diallyl tetrasulfide etc) responsible for their health benefits and spicy innumerable. They are the richest source of phytochemicals polyphenols or flavonoids (especially quercetin) and antioxidants that improves their nutritional values and healthy nature. They are also rich source of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, folate and etc. It has amazing nutritional benefits and a host of health (given very commonly by nature) listed below:
Benefits of Onion for the cardiovascular system
avoids unnecessary clotting blood
- Pyaz contains variety of sulfur compounds which have the ability to prevent coagulation and anti-coagulation of blood in the arteries unnecessary.
Maintains cholesterol level
- Has ability to maintain the level of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood and improve the functioning of blood cells red.
Good blood thinner
- is a good blood thinner because it contains tiosulfinatos therefore prevents the risk of stroke and heart attack caused by pooling blood components.
contains large amounts of soluble fibers
- is a plant-based foods that have a high amount of soluble fiber that helps a lot in the regulation blood sugar, reducing bad cholesterol and etc.
Benefits of Onion bone, joints and connective tissues
increases bone density
- Helps maintain healthy bones and joints by increasing bone density, especially among women during menopause when they feel the loss of bone density.
reduces the risk of bone fracture
- Pyaz reduces the risk of bone fracture of the hip bone, especially if consumed daily.
Nourishes the connective tissues
- Its high sulfur content containing quality makes it able to nourish connective tissues.
relieves pain and inflammation
- relief from the painful symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis is provided by reducing inflammation.
Removes uric acid
- relief of symptoms of rheumatism is provided, encouraging proper elimination of uric acid.
Benefits of Onion for immunity
- Its anti-inflammatory nature prevents inflammations of allergic airway.
improves body immunity
- power is enhanced body immunity by maintaining the functioning of the immune defense system of the body.
Avoid fatty acid oxidation
- Pyaz contains antioxidant quercetin which improves its anti-inflammatory properties to prevent oxidation of fatty acids in the body.
keeps away from infections
- improves blood circulation throughout the body and causes sweating so keep away from infections, reduce fever and etc.
Rich source of phytochemicals
- The availability of phytochemicals improves the functioning of vitamin C in the body thus helps to enhance immunity of the body.
Benefits of Onion for Cancer Prevention
Reduces the risk of cancer
- eating Pyaz in the diet reduces the risk of various cancers body parts such as colorectal, mouth, esophagus, larynx, ovary, uterus, breast, liver, stomach, prostate, etc.
prevents colon cancer
- contains fructo-oligosaccharides which aid in stimulating the growth of bacteria in the colon thus preventing the risk of developing tumors colon.
inhibits cancer cell growth
- Pyaz is naturally filled anticancer compounds as flavonoids and phenolic compounds that inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
Benefits of Onion diabetes
level controls blood sugar
- helps control normal blood sugar level in diabetic patients if consumed regularly.
handle blood pressure
- is helpful in managing blood pressure and cholesterol levels therefore it provides relief of symptoms diabetes.
improves glucose tolerance
- contains mineral called chromium, which helps insulin-secreting cells in the fall of insulin levels and improve glucose tolerance.
prevents fluid retention
- Pyaz is diuretic and blood purifier in nature prevents fluid retention in the body.
Benefits of onion Infections and Diseases
prevents various infections
- its anti -bióticos, antimicrobial, antiseptic and carminative properties that is capable of preventing various infections.
- infection of teeth, gums, urinary tract infection, cystitis, etc. is prevented
contains the antibacterial property
- has antibacterial properties and containing compounds and flavonoids containing sulfur that make it able to prevent infections bacterial of Streptococcus mutans, E. coli, Salmonella, Streptococcus sobrinus and etc.
prevents various disease epidemics
- Pyaz is a good home remedy has the capacity to prevent various epidemic diseases such as cholera, plague, common cold, cough, sore throat, allergies, etc.
Alivia T rinary tract infection
- relief infection is provided urinary tract and burning sensation when urinating.
Benefits of Raw onion
- raw onion has more health benefits than cooked because it contains organic compounds active sulfur and volatile oil. In the kitchen, the portion of their nutritional value is destroyed by heat.
Benefits Onion women and children
prevents bone problems
- is avoided the risk of arthritis, osteoporosis, gout, bone problems and etc among women and promotes proper growth and bone development among children.
is used to treat anemia
- Its high iron content is very beneficial for the treatment of anemia among women during pregnancy .
is used to treat disorders of the menstrual system
- helps in the treatment of disorders of the menstrual system among women if consumed few days before cycle start.
Eliminates intestinal worms
- onion juice helps in removing intestinal parasites among children.
improves milk secretion
- helps increase the secretion of milk in nursing mothers if eaten raw with meals .
Maintains hormonal balance
- chrome ore found in helps maintain hormonal balance and prevents premenstrual tension (PMT) symptom.
Benefits of Onion for the digestive system
disorders Relieves digestive system
- is It provides relief from chronic constipation, dysentery, dyspepsia, diarrhea, nausea, jaundice, internal hemorrhoids and flatulence problems if consumed regularly.
Promotes intestinal health
- contains high amounts of insoluble fiber that promotes intestinal health by managing the functioning of the digestive system.
Improves the digestive system works
- Improves the digestive system works by curing digestive problems and increased secretion of digestive juices .
Benefits of onion skin
Problems treats the skin
- helps in removing moles, dark spots or skin pigments face if onion juice and turmeric is applied in the particular area.
makes the skin healthy and glowing
- This makes very healthy and glowing skin as it contains lots of amounts of antioxidants such as vitamins a, C and E.
Prevents premature aging
- has anti-aging benefits that help in the fight against damage with cells due to harmful UV rays and free radicals thus prevents premature aging of the skin and body.
- is a very good source of quercetin which acts as a potent antioxidant and prevents skin from getting wrinkled.
makes young skin
- Massaging the skin with onion juice improves blood circulation to the skin and causes whether young and radiant.
is used to treat skin infections
- The anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial protect skin from acne properties, pimples and other skin infections if onion juice with olive oil is applied on the face for 20 minutes.
Lightens skin complexion
- helps to lighten the color of the skin by purifying and improving the blood supply to the whole body .
Benefits of Onion for men
enhances sexual desire
- Help the prevention of sexual weakness, because it is a natural and powerful aphrodisiac that enhances sexual desire in men.
Used to treat problems related to Sex
- It is useful in treating problems like premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, decreased etc libido among men and if consumed daily.
Benefits of onion for weight loss
- Helps maintain normal and maintains BMI under control body weight, and containing soluble fiber special called fructans, which substances gel-excited and becomes fatty acids in the colon, which is a good natural laxative and stimulates at suitable bowel movements both assists in weight control.
Benefits of onion juice
Relieves Bee Bite
- onion juice provides immediate relief bee sting (pain, itching, swelling and burning sensation) when applied to the affected areas.
relieves cough problems
- Giving pyaz juice with sugar for children helps relieve cough problems.
provides relief from kidney stones
- The consumption of fresh onion juice in a small amount of two to three times a day for three months it helps in relieving kidney stones.
benefits of onion juice for hair
prevents hair loss
- hair loss is prevented if onion juice is applied to the scalp twice a week continuously leather for 2 months.
promotes hair growth
- hair growth and development is promoted.
Used to treat thinning hair
- is a good home remedy to treat thinning hair if juice mixture is applied onion, honey and oil to areas of thin hair for the night after shampooing in the morning.
- relief from dandruff and itchy scalp problem is provided. It also promotes the growth of hair length if applied onion juice with olive oil or coconut oil on the scalp and hair for 2 hours and then washed with shampoo.
- is a natural hair conditioner and helps keep natural hair color if the application of the mixture of juice onion and fenugreek paste to the hair.
Benefits of onion juice with honey
provides relief from seasonal problems
- Taking mixture of onion juice and honey provides immediate relief of fever, chills, sore common throat, cough, allergies, etc.
ADVANTAGES oF onion seeds and oilseeds
improves sperm health
- sperm count is improved, quality and motility of sperm in men.
it relieves pain
- pain ownership ease has provided relief of diarrhea, asthma, etc.
Remedy for women
- secretion of breast milk among pregnant women is increased and stimulates proper menstrual period.
- Accommodates strengthen hair and nails.
relieves skin problems
- seed oil onion provides relief from skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema .
- relief from stress and fatigue is provided by maintaining the health of the nervous system.
cures skin problems
- seed oil onion helps cure acne, fungal problems and other problems of the outer skin .
Relieves respiratory problems
- The application of oil on the chest provides immediate relief from cold, sinusitis and flu.
relieves rheumatism and arthritis
- a relief for rheumatism and arthritis is provided if a massage correctly.
Kills intestinal parasites
- intestinal parasites is killed and manages digestive health.
Other Health Benefits of Onion
Relieves ear disorders
- It provides a relief of disorders of the ear (tinnitus), if the cotton balls soaked in onion juice is placed in the ear.
prevents free radicals
- Prevents harmful effects free radicals and reduces the risk of developing gastric ulcers.
- relief from the side effects of fever is provided if it is placed in the front head.
slows the nosebleed
- that helps slow the bleeding from the nose if inhaled through the nose.
Disorders Curas sleeping
- helps in curing sleep disorders overnight and adequate sleep improves.
improves memory development
- development capacity memory is strengthened and keeps the nervous system.
whole body detoxify
- that helps detoxify the body of heavy metals because it contains specific amino acids such as methionine and cystine.
decomposes kidney stones
- helps in breaking down kidney stones and removes them if onion juice with sugar is taken as syrup.
Relieves sinus problem
- relief breast is provided as it loosens mucus and clears the nasal passages to make breathing easier .
Benefits of green onion leaves
- is a good source of vitamin C, which acts as potent antioxidant and it promotes healthy tissue growth, aids in wound healing, tissue repair and strengthens bones and teeth and etc.
Protects from chronic diseases
- Quercetin is it acts as a potent antihistamine agent, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that protects against some diseases chronic such as asthma, heart disease, diabetes, allergies, cancer, etc.
prevents Vision disorders
- This is the good source vitamin a, which aids in the production of rhodopsin, which allows recipients of the retina to light absorption therefore prevents night blindness including other vision disorders, such as corneal ulcers and etc.
Rich source of phytochemicals
- is the rich source of phytochemical compounds means that flavonoids (quercetin, anthocyanins, etc.) that help in the development of a better immune system.
prevents DNA damage
- inhibits the secretion of cancer enzyme causes (xanthine oxidase) and prevents free radicals and the damage DNA.
Nutritional Benefits of Raw onion 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 40 kcal
Carbohydrates: 9.34 g
Protein: 1.10 g
Fat: 0.10 g
dietary fiber: 1.7 g
Sugar: 4.24 g
Water: 89.11 g
folate 19 mcg
niacin 0.116 mg
pantothenic acid: 0.123 mg
pyridoxine: 0.120 mg
Riboflavin: 0.027 mg
Thiamine: 0.046 mg
Vitamin A: 2 IU
Vitamin C: 7.4 mg
Vitamin E: 0.02 mg
sodium 4 mg
Potassium: 146 mg
Calcium: 23 mg
Copper: 0,039 mg
Hierro: 0.0.21 mg
Magnesium: 10 mg
Manganese 0.129 mg
Fluoride: 1.1 mg
Phosphorus: 29 mg
Zinc: 0.17 mg
Beta-carotene: 1 mcg
lutein-zeaxanthin: 4 mcg
Onion or pyaz can be enjoyed raw or cooked (boiled, steamed or baked) in many ways . chopped onion can be eaten with a variety of vegetable dishes to enhance their flavor and nutritional value. pickled onion soup, onion with chicken Tandur, pakodas onion, vegetables, salads, fried, leafy green vegetables and onions, etc. They are also can enjoy.
Selecting and onions stores
Always buy onions that are clean, well shaped solid, full, outer skin dry and bright color and smell good . Avoid buying germinated, mold, blotchy skin, damp, dark, smelly ground or onions spots. Try to buy organically grown onions to avoid side effects of inorganic inorganically grown onions.
can be stored for months if placed in space well ventilated and cool to room temperature. It should be stored away from light and heat from the sun to prevent early caries. And cut onions can be stored in the sealed container to prevent oxidation.
How much onion to eat daily
Eating a daily diet onion is good for health and prevent health problems. However, eating above the limit should be avoided or consulted by the doctor.
disadvantages, side effects and precautions secondary onion
Never forget that everything has its own limitations, which can cause serious problems. The same applies to onions. Taking the onion to the daily diet in moderation is good practice to easily get their full benefits of nutritional health. However, according to the health and age of the person, eating onions you need some precautions because it has some disadvantages and side effects accordingly. Some are mentioned below:
Additional Tags for this post
- Some people may develop allergic reactions after eating onions.
- interacts with some medications and drugs like aspirin (increased sensitivity). Therefore avoid consumption of the combination of both.
- You can interact with medications for diabetes therefore should be avoided with careful eating so much at once.
- has the property down to the level of blood sugar like diabetes medications therefore should be avoided in combination.
- You can interact with blood-thinning drugs.
boiled onion health benefits |
You May Also Like :