Health Benefits of Litchi
About Litchi / Lychee fruit
or litchi litchi is a fruit with amazing health benefits belongs to the Sapindaceae family. It is grown in tropical and subtropical regions of the world and found abundantly in the summer season. It originated first in the Chinese regions of Guangdong and Fujian and started cultivation in different countries (India, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, Japan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Australia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Vietnam , Mexico, South Africa and etc). It is very delicate and attractive smelling fruit normally eaten fresh. It is found in many types such as lychee emperor or greater lychee, lychee or litchi ohia with little seed, Brewster lychee and etc.
ADVANTAGES lychee (LYCHEE) Fruit
is loaded with many healthy nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fatty acids and many. Protects various diseases, infections and skin problems by improving immunity power. It contains polyphenols that helps in fighting with weight problems, liver damage and type 2 diabetes Some of its amazing health benefits are mentioned below:
Litchi Benefits heart
good source of minerals
- Litchi is loaded with good amount of minerals (potassium and copper) that helps maintain fluid balance body, heart beat control and the control of blood pressure.
Protects from heart disease
- provides protection against various heart diseases like stroke, hypertension and coronary heart disease .
normalizes BP and heart rate
- is useful in normalizing blood pressure and heart rate under control to prevent more development of coronary heart disease.
promotes heart health
- His most polyphenols help in promoting heart health and reduces the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases .
promotes cardiovascular health
- Its availability high amount of fiber in the diet makes it able to promote cardiovascular health by regularizing operation.
Maintains cholesterol level
- Eating litchi regularly helps reduce the level of bad cholesterol and increase the level of good cholesterol blood.
reduces the risk of heart disorders
- Litchi improves blood flow containing food nutrients to the heart thereby reduces the risk of heart disorders such as stroke, myocardial infarction, hypertension, atherosclerosis, etc.
help in several important functions
- Help the better development of some important agents inside the body, such as antiplatelet, anticoagulant, thrombolytic agents and therefore prevents cardiovascular problems etc.
Benefits of Litchi for cancer
- Litchi is flavonoids fruit rich which it has anti-cancer properties and the body develops resistance to fight various deadly and lethal diseases of the body, including cancer.
reduces the growth of cancer cells
- contains several anti cancer compounds called quercetin, flavones, kaemferol and etc which help in reducing growth of cancer cells in the body.
rich source of phytonutrients
- contains rich amounts of phytonutrients, polyphenols, flavonoids, proanthocyanidins and etc which help in inhibiting cell growth cancerous breast, liver, prostate, colon, rectum and etc.
Benefits of Litchi for the digestive system
Improved Digestive System Health
- Litchi is large fruit helps in managing the health of the digestive system cleaning the stomach, improves appetite, cure heartburn, bloating problem, the feeling, the formation of gas and many burning.
Controls Intestinal problems
- Their high level of soluble dietary fiber and insoluble helps control intestinal problems, colon problems and maintenance regular bowel movements.
- It helps to cure constipation by improving water absorption in the large intestine through digestion.
- Litchi is very useful in treating problems like stomach ulcers, nausea, heartburn, heartburn and dyspepsia, etc. because it is a good antacid.
Benefits of Litchi for bones, teeth and joints
promotes growth of bones and teeth
- is a good source of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium, which are necessary elements for the growth and development of bones, teeth and joints.
- Litchi contains some other minerals such as copper and manganese, which helps build strong bones and prevent brittleness that is.
improves the absorption and utilization of calcium
- The availability of zinc and copper helps to increase the effectiveness of vitamin D, which turn the absorption and utilization thereby increases the mineral calcium keeps bones and joints health.
Benefits of Litchi hair
improves blood flow to the hair follicles
- Helps maintain scalp healthy hair, improving the flow of blood and oxygen to the hair follicles.
leaves hair soft and prolonged
- Litchi provides long and healthy, shiny, black, smooth, look silky, shiny hair if consumed regularly.
rich source of vitamin C
- is a good source of vitamin C, which actively maintains healthy hair, ensuring adequate supply of blood to the hair follicles.
Benefits of Litchi for weight loss
increases metabolism Rate
- Regular consumption of litchi helps increase the rate of metabolism because it contains dietary fiber and B vitamins thus helps in weight management.
contains few calories and no cholesterol
- is very low in calories and high in insoluble dietary fibers without saturated fat and cholesterol therefore good for weight conscious people.
Benefits of Litchi for aging
Reduces Aging Process
- Reduces process aging by decreasing the effects of UV radiation, smoke, oxidative stress, pollution and aging other reasons.
Slows changes related to age
- Litchi also protects against age-related degenerative changes in the body at an earlier age and It keeps the body healthy and fresh, if consumed regularly.
Benefits of Litchi for women during pregnancy
Regulates collagen building
- litchi it is a great source of vitamin C, which is very necessary for building collagen for healthy skin in the developing baby.
improves the proper development of babies
- building bone, cartilage, tendons and etc Baby is also required therefore very beneficial for pregnant women.
provides relief of symptoms associated with pregnancy
- B vitamins found in it keeps women pregnant all the time energetic and active therefore helps in relieving symptoms related to pregnancy such as nausea.
energizes the body and relieves weakness
- Its rich mineral potassium helps you get relieve fatigue, weakness, cramps muscle, heart problems, heartburn, constipation, etc arrhythmia and common symptoms during pregnancy.
Benefits of Litchi Children
provides all the necessary vitamins and minerals
- it is very beneficial for children age growth because it is rich in vitamins and minerals, it is very necessary for healthy bones, skin and hair.
rich source of phytonutrients and flavonoids
- Your phytonutrients high quality and flavonoids help children grow better, getting all the healthy nutrients necessary.
favorite of children
- Litchi is sweet and much loved by all children so they can be a great fruity to give them daily.
Benefits of Litchi for men
Improved body holds
- is a natural aphrodisiac which helps stimulate sexual desire in men.
Nourish player system
- Helps improve sex life and sense of well being to properly nourish the male reproductive system.
Benefits of seeds of Litchi
is used to treat digestive disorders
- Powdered seeds and lychee seeds litchi tea is used by people for years for various medicinal purposes to treat some digestive disorders because of its properties to relieve pain.
Used to treat intestinal parasites Problem
- seed Litchi have the astringent property thus helps in treating tract problems intestinal, especially intestinal worms.
Advantages of litchi juice
Normalize Heart Beat
- , which helps normalize the increased heart rate if take (a glass) regularly for two weeks.
Increases brain power
- Litchi helps improve memory level by increasing brain power and relieve the weakness of the brain.
rehydrated Administration in summer
- It helps in alleviating the problem of excessive thirst to rehydrate the body properly during the summer season.
Advantages juice litchi skin
nourishes the skin
- nourishes the skin deep, as it contains high level vitamins B and C, which are very necessary for skin health.
reduces the risk of skin problems
- Litchi reduces the appearance of acne, wrinkles, blemishes, dryness and other skin problems .
prevents skin aging
- Vitamin C is found in it has and anti-aging property antioxidant properties therefore It prevents the skin from premature aging.
prevents skin disorders
- It prevents the skin from skin disorders caused by pollution, UV radiation, smoking , drink, free radicals, unhealthy diet and premature aging.
prevents the skin from pollution and UV radiation
- The availability of flavonoids vitamin B complex and phytonutrients prevents the skin from the harmful effects of oxidative stress caused by pollution and UV radiation.
neutralizes free radicals
- Its antioxidant nature help neutralize free radicals and protects skin cells from being damaged, cancer and skin inflammations.
improves metabolism of fat and protein
- Some friendly nutrients another skin (thiamin, copper, niacin) found that aid metabolism of fats and proteins in order to maintain skin health.
Increases skin hydration
- Niacin in increasing the level of hydration of the skin to keep it always hydrated, mineral copper accelerates wound healing of damaged skin.
Other health benefits of Litchi
- containing high levels of polyphenols Oligonol known to have antioxidant properties and anti-influenza and prevent various infections.
Improve body resistance power
- Litchi contains high levels of vitamin C, which enhances the body’s resistance against various infections and prevents the harmful effects of free radicals.
rich source of B vitamins
- It is the richest source of B vitamins that act as cofactors in metabolic reactions to metabolize food items such as carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
improves healthy blood circulation of whole body
- polyphenol Oligonol found it helps improve blood circulation, reduces weight and protect the skin from ultraviolet rays.
- helps in removing excess body fat, improve body resistance, reduces weakness and other problems.
prevents the formation of season
- Its high level of vitamin C promotes the immunity level of the body and prevents common seasonal problems as cold, cough, fever, sore throat, and etc.
relieves pain and inflammation
- has natural property to relieve pain caused due to swollen glands or abdominal pain or inflammation.
Extra burns body fat
- Litchi contains a compound Oligonol call that helps reduce excess fat in the body, improving circulation blood to the extremities, decreased fatigue after exercise and enhance the body’s resistance.
Rich source of beta-carotene
- contains lots of beta-carotene, which has antioxidant properties therefore provides numerous advantages health, such as improving the body’s immunity, slowing the onset of various age-related as cataracts, cardiovascular problems, cancer and diseases etc.
Manages fluid balance and RBC Count
- contains good levels of potassium and copper which helps in managing the balance of body fluids and production of red blood cells.
Among diabetic complications Try
- is useful in the treatment of some complications in people with diabetes such as blindness, nerve damage, etc.
provides therapeutic effects
- Litchi has wonderful therapeutic effects due to its anti-inflammatory and beneficial for the treatment of tumors properties, gastralgia, enlargements of the glands and etc.
prevents viral infections
- have anti-viral properties due to the availability of phytochemicals as proanthocyanidins therefore prevents viral problems such as influenza , herpes, Coxsackie virus, etc.
nutritional benefits of Litchi / Lychee per 100 g
(Source: Database USDA nutrient)
Energy : 66 kcal
Carbohydrates: 16.53 g
Sugar: 15.23 g
Water: 81.76 g
Protein: 0,83 g
fat: 0.44 g
saturated fat: 0.099 g
monounsaturated fatty acid: 0.120 g
polyunsaturated fatty acids: 0,132 g
dietary fiber: 1.3g
Thiamine: 0.011 mg
Riboflavin: 0,065 mg
Niacin 0.603 mg
Hill: 7.1 mg
pyridoxine: 0.100 mg
folate: 14 g
Vitamin C: 71.5 mg
Vitamin E: 0.07 mg
Vitamin K 0.4 mg
Sodium: 1 mg
Potassium: 171 mg
Calcium 5 mg
Copper: 0.148 mg
Iron: 0.31 mg
Magnesium: 10 mg
Manganese 0.055 mg
Phosphorus: 31 mg
Selenium 0.6 mg
Zinc: 0.07 mg
How to select and store
litchi fruit is available in abundance in the market during the summer season from from May to October. Always buy fresh litchi, ripe, dark red or dark brown, intact skin, heavy and sweet lychee market. Avoid buying litchi with cut, bruised, mold skin, irregular shape, green, yellow, light, wrinkled, too hard and too soft market lychees. Can be stored at room temperature for one or two days, wrapping wet cotton dress however, it can be stored in the refrigerator for a week if kept in sealed plastic bags after washing well.
How to enjoy
can be enjoyed in various forms, such as fresh pasta litchi juice, mixed fruit salad, cream of sliced fruits, jellies, jams , sherbet, syrup, sauce, chopped, add to the cheese platter, ice cream, custard, cocktail, added yogurt or dessert, dried lychee like a lychee nut like raisins, iced tea, litchi and in many ways .
precautions, side effects and disadvantages
Sometimes it can cause some side effects and health disorders therefore need some safety precautions. Some are mentioned below:
- lychee seeds powder sometimes have unpleasant side effects in the digestive system.
- Over consumption of it can lead to the onset of fever of unknown cause, fainting, irritated mucous membranes, skin rashes, sore throat, nosebleeds and even convulsions and loss knowledge.
- should be taken as consumed by diabetic person, as it is good source of sugar and cause hyperglycemia.
- Sometimes it can cause allergic reactions such as reduced blood pressure, abdominal pain, gastrointestinal discomfort, shortness of breath, skin edema, weakness, diarrhea, dizziness and unconsciousness reactions.
How Litchi for lunch one day
As a result litchi has positive and negative aspects which should be eaten within the limits and according to health the body and the requirement. A person suffering from a health condition, especially diabetes should be careful litchi, while eating or should consult a doctor before eating on a daily basis. However, a normal healthy person can eat 5-6 lychees on a daily basis for all the beneficial health effects.
Additional Tags for this post
Brazil Nuts mail |
You May Also Like :