Health Benefits of Lemon (Nimbu)
About lemon / Nimbu
the nimbu lemon or a small fruit is yellow and has a lot of health benefits. It originated in Asia (Assam, northeast India), which has been used for years for various culinary and non-culinary purposes throughout the world.
Lemon juice is about 5-6% citric acid that gives the bitter taste. Actually it is a hybrid fruit sour orange and lemon. It is now widely grown throughout the world in sufficient quantities. It is the fruit that contains more vitamin C, which helps people maintain their good health and enhancing its beauty. It is loved by many people to take lemon water in the morning Lucas as his morning drink. Some of the health benefits of lemon have been mentioned below:
ADVANTAGES OF LEMON / nimbu
good source of vitamin C
- lemon is a very good natural source of vitamin C which helps in rejuvenating the skin, providing natural glow to the skin and remove wrinkles.
subject wound healing
- the wound healing process is closed because of its antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- The antiviral property provides relief from viral problems such as infection of the nose and throat, cough, cold , etc.
effective against hypertension
- The mixture of garlic, onion and lemon is very effective against hypertension. Boil 3 cloves of crushed garlic, 1 chopped onion with fat or skim milk or low soy. Add 3 fresh lemon juice and drink throughout the day.
Keeps blood cholesterol
- Helps maintain cholesterol level in the blood due to its power pectin and other nutrients increase metabolism and circulation.
Improvement of stomach acid production
- Nimbu increases the production of stomach acid and stimulates the muscles of the stomach, if taken (1 fresh lemon juice in warm water) after each meal.
Maintains colon health
- has a high level of fiber pectin, which acts as a powerful antibacterial and helps maintain health colon by killing bad intestinal worms.
- This is a very good remedy that balances the pH level of the body and aids digestion by stimulating production bile.
- infection is prevented by preventing the growth and multiplication of disease-causing pathogenic bacteria.
Reduces I nflammation
- lemon also helps dissolve uric acid thus help reduce pain and inflammation knee joint .
nourishes brain and nerve cells
- Its potassium content provides nourishment to the cells of the brain and nerves.
dissolves the calculations
- stones of biliary and renal bladder Dissolve including other deposits of calcium in the body that harms the health of the body .
maintains eye health
- helps maintain eye health through easy fight eye problems.
Improves iron absorption
- a great role in improving the absorption of iron, which strengthens the body’s immune function is played .
fights with cold and flu
- Its saponins content acts as an antimicrobial agent that fight the cold and flu.
- Vitamin C component Lemon acts as a good antioxidant that fights aging by removing wrinkles and damaging radicals free.
- Nimbu aid in the hydration of body’s lymphatic system and replacement of lost body fluids.
Relieves Sun Burn
- The antiseptic property provides relief from sunburn and bee stings.
is used to treat rheumatism and arthritis
- Your property diuretic helps in the treatment of rheumatism and arthritis by washing bacteria and toxins from the body.
is used to treat scurvy
- helps in the treatment of scurvy (a disease caused by lack of vitamin C) if taken 1 or 2 ounces of lemon juice mixed with water two or three times a day.
Remedy for mountaineers
- has been demonstrated best remedy for mountaineers, as it helps in insufficient oxygen or difficulty breathing .
Potent antibacterial agent
- Its powerful property antibacterial helps kill the bacteria that cause diphtheria, cholera, typhoid, malaria and etc.
is used to treat eye disorders
- This is useful in the treatment of ocular disorders such as diabetic retinopathy due to rutin content available in lemons.
hinders the growth of cancer cells
- lemon has about 22 anticancer compounds, including limonene that helps prevent growth and division of cancer or tumor cells.
Benefits of lemon to lose weight
remedy to lose weight
- Drinking lemon water is early morning provides better help you lose weight faster, so it is a very good home remedy for weight loss.
- Nimbu has digestive and liver cleansing properties which makes it a good remedy for weight loss.
removes toxins from the body
- all toxins from the body and the extra fat that makes it a good morning drink is clean .
- have soluble fibers that make the stomach feel full for a long time resulting in eating less and prevents overeating.
- Lemon is a very good natural diuretic that helps in flushing out the excess water from the body through the urine thus prevents swelling and swelling and offers more lean and fit look.
Advantages of lemon juice / water
- assists drinking water lemon juice in the good digestion by removing waste products from the body very easily.
relieves digestive problems
- relief from constipation, diarrhea and other digestive problems is provided by smooth bowel functions.
fight with infections
- is used in a variety of ways due to their therapeutic, antibacterial, antiviral and antiseptic properties.
- has powers of immune stimulation that improves the functioning of the body’s immune system thus protects the various types of infections.
- Due to their availability with citric acid, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, calcium, magnesium, pectin and limonene, which is a good reinforcement and immune combat infection.
Good blood purifier
- Lemon juice is a very good blood purifier that protects the major organs of the body as well and improves their performance.
Maintains healthy heart
- Its high potassium content and low availability of sodium content makes the heart healthy by keeping blood pressure under control.
Used to treat various health problems
- relief from various health problems such as heartburn, kidney problems or is provided gallbladder problems.
- drinking water lemon juice provides immediate relief from fatigue, dizziness, fatigue, nervousness, anxiety and tension.
Relieves Chill and fever
- This is a good home for the relief of chills and fevers causes any remedy. Drink lemon juice 1 mixing it with a cup of hot water and honey every 2 hours until the problem is alleviated.
- Nimbu juice is a natural detoxifier that detoxifies the liver and improves kidney and liver functions.
Reduces hair loss
- Apply paste of lemon juice and amla hair helps reduce hair loss and the problem of dandruff.
Advantages of lemon juice on the face
Used to treat acne
- The availability of citric acid high in the lemon provides relief from acne.
- Application of fresh lemon juice to the acne area with cotton balls or fingers for overnight and then washed in providing better and more prompt relief of acne morning.
- Applying nimbu fresh juice mixed with rosewater or honey to the affected areas for half an hour twice a day and also provides relief from acne.
makes the fair skin
- availability of vitamin C lemon makes fair skin, free spots and bright because alkaline nature, which kills the bacteria that cause acne.
- Application pasta white egg and juice nimbu to the face and wash with luke warm water helps brighten the color.
Benefits of lemon oil
stimulates brain activity
- Lemon oil improves the level of concentration and monitoring largely by stimulating brain activity.
- also used in offices as a natural air freshener to improve employee efficiency.
accelerates the healing process
- the healing process is accelerated if applied in the callused area with cotton balls.
- Lemon oil also provides relief from eczema if the mixture of 8 drops of lemon oil applied 1 cup warm water and 1 honey TSF.
- is a good insect repellent. Spraying the air with 20 drops of lemon oil and 1 cup of water to repel insects or keep cotton balls soaked in lemon oil bedroom.
- is a good pain reliever if the affected or inflamed on a daily basis with the oil mixture zone massaged lemon and jojoba oil.
Combat varicose veins Problem
- also has the ability to fight with varicose veins and spider veins. Massaging the affected spider veins on a daily basis with the mixture of lemon oil, jojoba oil and avocado or almond oil area. Gently massage the affected area daily varicose veins with the mixture of lemon oil, wheat germ oil, cypress and juniper oil below upwards towards the heart.
Benefits of Lemon during pregnancy
- Their high level of calcium It provides assistance in building strong bones in children if pregnant and lactating women is taken.
Benefits lemon diabetes
maintains the level of blood sugar
- soluble fibers are found in lemon helps to slow down the rate of absorption of glucose in the body and maintain the level of blood sugar to prevent type 2 diabetes
benefits of lemon for oral health
protects teeth enamel
- protects tooth enamel if drinking, rubbing, chewing or rinsing mouth with water lemon half hour before going to brush their teeth.
- lemon freshens breath from that just after using any spices, alcohol or cigarettes.
- relief from toothache is provided, eliminating pain and bleeding gums heal.
makes teeth White
- rub the mixture of lemon juice and baking soda in equal proportions to achieve white teeth.
Benefits lemon hair
- is a good treatment for dandruff, if you apply the lemon juice with coconut oil as hair mask. dry scalp is hydrated and makes it free from dandruff.
prevents hair loss
- Provides natural shine to the hair and prevent hair loss.
Advantages of lemon juice on the skin
keeps the skin young and wrinkle free
- is a good home remedy to your face, hands or skin healthy, bright, young and wrinkle free feet.
improves skin renewal
- has citric acid (vitamin C), which is a better scrub and removes dead cells skin and improves skin renewal.
removes dead skin cells
- Soak your feet for 20 minutes in the mixture of water lemon juice Lucas, olive oil and milk (1/4 cup) to remove dead skin cells and cracked.
- Lemon and sugar scrub is also a good scrub to the toes. Scrub your feet with the mixture of brown sugar, olive oil, a few drops of lemon essential oil. Softens feet incredibly at any time of year.
Benefits of lemon peel / skin
is used to treat brain disorders
- lemon peels have powerful chemicals called phytonutrients tangerina seems to help a lot in the treatment of one of brain disorders, Parkinson’s disease.
Nutritional Benefits of Lemon / Nimbu per 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 29 kcal
Carbohydrates: 9.32 g
Protein: 1.10 g
Fat: 0.30 g
Fiber: 2.80 g
Thiamine: 0.040 mg
Riboflavin: 0.020 mg
Niacin 0.100 mg
pantothenic acid: 0.190 mg
pyridoxine: 0.080 mg
folate: 11 g
Hill: 5.1 mg
Vitamin C: 53 mg
Vitamin A: 22 IU
Vitamin E: 0.15 mg
sodium: 2 mg
Potassium: 138 mg
Calcium: 26 mg
copper: 37 g
Iron: 0.60 mg
Magnesium: 8 mg
Manganese 0.030 mg
Phosphorus: 16 mg
Zinc: 0.06 mg
Beta carotene: 3 mg
Alpha carotene: 1 g
Crypto-xanthine-SS: 20 g
lutein-zeaxanthin: 11 g
How to select and store Lemon / Nimbu
Select lemons or halo of bright yellow and heavier fresh no stains or marks. Heavier lemons with thin skin are loaded with more minerals and vitamins, and juicier than others. Always select completely yellow lemons (instead of green), as they are fully mature and very acidic. Avoid buying lemons have wrinkled skin, smooth or irregular.
Lemons can be easily stored at room temperature for at least 2 weeks however, if stored in the freezer, can stay very cool for at least 5-6 weeks.
Can be enjoyed by simply drinking lemon water in the morning or after each meal to improve digestive capacity. It can be used as a better room freshener. It can be added to the Chatni, salad, steamed vegetables, vegetable juices, tea, samber, soups, stews and many dishes according to taste and need. It is also used in the variety of home remedies either for health, fitness and beauty.
disadvantages, side effects and precautions secondary lemon
- concentrated lemon juice have harmful effects on teeth, as it breaks down the enamel of the teeth or dentin due to their acidic nature. It is best to wash your mouth with water immediately after drinking lemon water.
- Applying lemon juice to the skin increases the chance of sunburn people with fair skin.
- Drinking lemon juice can cause heartburn patients with reflux disease gastroesphogeal.
- can also cause allergy to some people.
- Due to its high content of citric acid can cause stomach irritation if suffering from ulcer.
How many lemons should you drink a day
Frequency of consumption of lemon juice a day depends entirely on the age, health and weight of the person . However, twice a day is normal. People who have more than 60 or 65 kg can drink lemon juice 1 one day otherwise ½ lemon juice is fine.
You May Also Like :