Health Benefits of Jeera (Cumin)
About Jeera (Cumin)
Jeera / Cumin (belongs to the Apiaceae family) seeds are very famous for its medicinal benefits have spicy flavor and slightly bitter taste. It has a strong phytochemical called as the cuminaldehyde (4-isopropylbenzaldehyde) that gives a pungent aroma and spicy flavor. In general, in India it is used for frying soups, sauces, curry and etc. to get the aromatic and delicious flavor.
has a lot of pharmacological effects on the health of the human body due to its anti-diabetic, anti-epileptic, immunological, antimicrobial and activities medicinal properties, including anti-tumor, etc. In the southern regions (Kerala and Tamil Nadu) India, Jeera drinking water regularly for the medicinal purposes is very famous. Jeera say it works like medicine, spices and foods that are used in many home remedies.
ADVANTAGES OF Jeera (cumin)
- Drinking luke warm water Jeera is considered to rehydrate the body and keep updating all the time.
promote the digestive system functions
- helps improve the secretion of saliva, increasing appetite and relieve digestive disorders.
effective for many problems remedy
- also provides relief from the chills, reduce swelling, relieve breathing difficulties, regulate bowel movements , relief mixed infections, the treatment of umbilical hernia, treatment of intestinal diseases, eye problems and toothache.
reduces crying baby
- helps to get rid of the constant crying in children.
improves milk production in mothers
- Eating cumin seeds in food and drinking water improves breastfeeding nursing mothers .
maintains the level of blood sugar
- Manages the appropriate content of the blood in the body and reduces the level of sugar blood.
is used to treat anemia
- Due to its rich iron content, which helps in the treatment of anemia by maintaining hemoglobin content of the blood.
Keeps Body Fresh
- increases and the hemoglobin level in the blood increases the oxygen carrying capacity of the cells throughout the body.
is used to treat asthma
- seeds Jeera / cumin act as a good bronchodilator and have a compound called Thymoquinone that helps reduce inflammation and asthma.
stimulates the immune system
- is a very good antioxidant spice that combat free radicals in the body and improves the body’s immunity to better fights all infections.
Promotes healthy menstruation
- is very beneficial for women of all ages as it helps in maintaining healthy menstrual cycle.
- is very effective against cancer and prevent cancer of the colon, stomach, liver and breast, because it contains the variety of anti-cancer agents such as thymol, dithymoquinona, thymoquinone, thymohydroquinone and antioxidants such as eugenol and limonene.
Curas respiratory problems
- seeds are rich in Jeera vitamin C and have anti-fungal properties therefore helps cure colds including other respiratory problems.
regulates the metabolism process
- also helps in maintaining the process of kidney health and metabolism.
prevents Digestive Disorders
- Starting each morning with a glass of water Jeera helps to fight with various disorders such as disease morning, diarrhea, flatulence, nausea, dyspepsia, malabsorption syndrome, as it helps in stimulating the secretion of enzymes that breaks down carbohydrates, sugar and fat.
Beneficial for Organs
- Jeera drinking water is very advantageous for the major organs such as the liver, stomach and kidney.
- Soak one TSF Jeera in a glass of water overnight and drink in the morning, which facilitates production of bile by the liver, which releases swelling, heartburn, abdominal gas, etc.
clear Passage respiratory
- water Jeera clarifies respiratory passage by diluting all mucous collected in the chest. It acts as an antiseptic that kills microorganisms and prevents against cold, cough and fever.
Treats sleeping disorder
- Regular consumption of Jeera water helps in the treatment of sleep disorders and improves sleep .
Relieves sore throat
- Jeera Drinking water with a little ginger relieves sore throat.
effective whole body
- is rich in phenolic flavonoid antioxidants like zea-xanthine, carotene and lutein that have a lot of effects beneficial on the body.
improves Power memory
- brainpower is improved and sharpens memory and intelligence.
Maintains healthy body’s major systems
- healthy digestive tract and excretory system is maintained.
- digestive process is accelerated and reduces the risk of batteries.
maintaining normal blood pressure
- Potassium content available in Jeera maintains blood pressure and heart rate thus prevents hypertension .
Used to treat diarrhea
- Taking powdered roasted cumin seeds with Dahi or lassi helps in the treatment of diarrhea or dysentery problems.
Benefits of Jeera for Breastfeeding (nursing) Women
Improved milk production
- Eating Jeera seeds roasted in ghee with dal or add to Laddoo or halwa help in improving the production of breast milk during lactation.
ADVANTAGES OF POWDER Jeera
Promotes wounds Fast Healing
- cumin powder is a very good laxative and has anti anti microbial properties of fungi and thus improves wound healing process.
effective for many problems
- The use of powdered Jeera / roasted cumin in the recipe helps in the treatment of diarrhea, support stomach muscles, eliminate intestinal gas problems, increase urination and increase sexual desire.
ADVANTAGES OF WATER Jeera
Jeera water has a lot of health benefits including the following:
Benefits of Jeera water during pregnancy
Increases hemoglobin count
- Jeera is very iron that is very good for pregnant women and infants.
Reduces the risk of birth defects
- This prevents the fetus from various birth defects.
promotes secretion of milk
- roasted cumin seeds enhance secretion of milk in nursing mothers.
Benefits of Jeera Water for the skin
- seeds Jeera is eliminated are full of dietary fibers that eliminate toxic materials in the body and cleanse the skin to make it clean, fresh and rejuvenating.
Provides natural glow to the skin
- This causes the facial skin naturally shiny and healthy.
provides nourishment to the skin
- It boosts the functioning of the skin and improves its ability to absorb more essential nutrients to be fed and healthy.
Makes smooth skin
- has minerals necessary (potassium, calcium, selenium, copper, manganese) that play vital role in keeping the skin supple, soft and smooth.
provides the essential vitamins
- Regular consumption of water in the Jeera morning provides enough vitamins (vitamin A, C and E) for the body that nourishes the skin.
- it replenishes the skin and prevent them become wrinkled therefore helps prevent premature aging.
keeps the skin free of blemishes
- acts as a natural remedy to eliminate acne problem. The application of boiled water Jeera regularly on the skin makes it toned, clear and free of acne.
relieves inflammation of the skin
- softens the skin, relieving the burning sensation of the skin.
Benefits of Jeera water hair
promotes hair health
- Jeera water nourishes the hair follicles and makes it long, spotless, bright and strong because of their vitamin and mineral content.
ago shiny hair
- hair root feeds and makes it silky and shiny.
Benefits of Jeera water to lose weight
Maintain healthy weight
- is little help in weight control strategy, as it stimulates the appetite, it removes toxins from the body and treats various digestive disorders, including problems of gas and bloating.
Benefits of Jeera water for men
maintains sexual health
- Jeera water drink or tea in the morning (empty stomach) improves sexual health in men, increases sperm production, controls heart rate and blood pressure.
is used to treat sexual problems
- also helps in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, low sperm count, premature ejaculation and virility of sperm.
Benefits of cumin seed oil
- cumin seed oil extract functions as a good stimulant, carminative, antioxidant and diuretic.
- is used largely to the effects of aromatherapy, massage and scalp treatment to get rid of dandruff .
Nutritional benefits of Jeera / cumin seeds per 100 g
(Source: database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 375 kcal
dietary fibers: 10.5 g
Carbohydrates: 44.24 g
Protein: 17.8 g
thiamine (B1): 0.628 mg
riboflavin (B2): 0.32 mg
The pyridoxine (B6) : 0.435 mg
folate (B9): 10 mg
niacin (B3): 4.58 mg
Vitamin A 1270 IU
vitamin C: 7.7 mg
vitamin K 5.4 mg
vitamin E 3.3 mg
Sodium: 1,788 mg
Potassium: 68 mg
Calcium: 931 mg
Phosphorus: 499 mg
Magnesium: 366 mg
Copper: 0.867 mg
Manganese 3.3 mg
Zinc: 4.8 mg
Hierro: 66.36 mg
Carotene-ß: 762 g
lutein-zeaxanthin: 448 g
Selecting and storing cumin seeds
Buy cumin seeds / Jeera selecting fresh for the market. Jeera quality fresh and has nice peppery taste even when pressed between fingers. Try to buy cumin seeds powder instead of that you can have some mixtures of spices contaminated. It can be stored in a dry, cool, dark place in sealed container for a year.
disadvantages and side effects of Jeera / Cumin
- Jeera has the ability to reduce levels of blood sugar therefore, during or after surgery that can interfere with control of blood sugar. Therefore, you should avoid two weeks before going into surgery.
- should be avoided while going on medications for diabetes because it can interact with cumin.
Jeera seeds How much you should eat daily
Jeera seeds are most famous Indian spices and is generally used as cooking to prepare delicious dishes. However, it can be taken as dust and water Jeera Jeera according to the need for people at different stages of life. Since it is a spice, so you bite the small amount greatly benefits. So eat in large quantities should be avoided as it can lead to some serious health condition. A small spoon full of seeds Jeera is good for a healthy adult person however, if a person already suffering health problems and want to add water or powdered Jeera in the daily routine, he / she should consult a doctor.
You May Also Like :