Health Benefits of Jaggery (Gur)
About Jaggery / Gur
Brown sugar is famous by the name Gur all India and has been used for years throughout the world because of its benefits for therapeutic and nutritional health. It was prepared using the juice of fresh sugar cane, date or palm juice colors vary from dark to golden brown. It contains sugar as sucrose. Mix the brown sugar products are prepared using peanuts, coconut, chana dal, milk, til or sesame seeds, white sugar and etc.
It is used as the sweetest favorite dish in some countries like India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The largest consumer and producer of brown sugar in India is the Maharashtra where people generally use it to eat and drink water to get instant energy.
ADVANTAGES OF jaggery (gur)
sweetener used most favorite and the largest in India is the brown sugar that has ability to digest food properly and clean the whole body by removing toxins. It is very healthy because it contains a lot of minerals necessary vitamins, iron and etc healthy nutrients. Some of the outstanding health benefits of brown sugar listed below:
Jaggery benefits for Blood
purifies the blood
- Helps in purification from whole blood if consumed regularly.
prevents Blood Diseases
- helps in improving total count of hemoglobin in the blood and increases immunity and prevents many problems related to blood disorders.
Benefits for digestion Jaggery
Reduces the risk of Digestive Disorders
- Gur is a very good digestive agent, it helps maintain proper functioning of the digestive system and improve digestion by reducing digestive disorders.
stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes
- stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes and becomes acetic acid in the stomach thus accelerates the digestion process by reducing the overhead of digestive tract.
Regula appropriate Stools
- Jaggery provides relief from indigestion, flatulence, intestinal worms and constipation by stimulating bowel movements themselves.
Jaggery benefits for bones
- correctly nourishes and strengthens bones and joints by reducing joint pain and other bone problems.
beauty benefits of Jaggery / Benefits skin Jaggery
provides the right food for the skin
- Its rich in vitamins and minerals makes it able to feed the whole body, especially the skin. It provides a smooth, healthy, hydrated skin and shiny.
cures pimples and acne
- Makes wrinkle free skin healing problems and free spots and acne pimple.
Jaggery benefits for women
cures menstrual problems
- Helps in curing various menstrual problems among women, providing relief from stomach pain during periods.
- Its richness in iron and folate during pregnancy helps prevent anemia and maintain the normal level of red blood cells. It is a source of instant energy thus prevents weakness and fatigue.
Jaggery benefits for men
improves the quality of sperm production
- Eating Gur with amla powder regularly helps to improve the quality and quantity of sperm, reducing weakness, energizing body and treatment of urinary disorders among men.
Jaggery benefits for weight loss
Reduces water retention
- Its content particularly high level of minerals of high potassium helps in weight management by reducing additional water retention in the body.
Improves body metabolism
- Potassium helps maintain electrolyte balance, build muscle and boost metabolism thus helps in weight loss.
Benefits Jaggery hair
Improves iron absorption
- Jaggery is a rich source of iron should eat foods rich in vitamin C as it enhances iron absorption in the body. Vitamin C rich foods are lemon juice, amla, guava and etc. It’s very good source to get a healthy, long, straight, black hair and strong.
provides natural beauty of hair
- It is considered that the application of the paste of jaggery, fuller’s earth and curd on the scalp twice a month before shampooing makes hair naturally beautiful and long term.
Gur benefits and Chana
- Gur and chana or jaggery and gram should be eaten at least once a week regularly especially women in order to get prevented anemia as the combination of both is the richest source of iron and folic acid. It is a good idea to eat with toasted Gur chana to avoid taking pills or tablets of iron and folic acid and other supplements.
Benefits of tea Jaggery
- Taking brown sugar tea is a good habit instead of tea white sugar and white sugar is high in the refined sugar calories that can lead to serious health problems if taken in daily basis. Brown sugar is a good source of iron that has fewer calories and shape sucrose sugar that is not harmful to health.
Milk Benefits Jaggery
strengthens bones and relieves joint problems
- Take brown sugar with milk it offers a lot of benefits for health and beauty if consumed daily. This helps in the formation of such strong bones and provides relief from the problem of bones and joints.
Other health benefits of Jaggery
prevents respiratory problems
- helps in the prevention of respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis and etc if you eat sesame laddoos made with sesame seeds and jaggery.
- Strengthens muscles, providing immediate energy and symptoms of weakness.
- Gur is a very good sweetening agent loved by almost everyone. It is used as a sweetening agent, natural and artificial in many recipes.
- is an energy food rich in carbohydrates provides immediate energy for the body after oxidation.
- is a very good cleaning agent cleans out the different body systems (respiratory, digestive tract and etc) by removing unwanted particles and toxins.
strengthens the nervous system
- Jaggery helps in strengthening the nervous system very well thus prevents various disorders of the nervous system.
The early delays aging
- is an excellent source of antioxidants (selenium) that helps in preventing the harmful effects of free radicals thus delay the risk of premature aging.
reduces the risk of allergy
- The antiallergic property prevents the risk of allergic disorders such as asthma.
Used to treat hiccups
- Eat dry ginger powder (also called saunth) by mixing with brown sugar with warm water helps get smoothly.
controls blood pressure
- Potassium and sodium found in it helps maintain the acid balance in the body, as well as control of blood pressure to normal level.
How to enjoy
Brown sugar can be enjoyed in many ways, such as milk, roasted chana, tea, water, dust, in a variety of laddoos forms (sesame seeds and jaggery, peanuts and brown sugar, sticks Basan and brown sugar, dal roaster chana and jaggery), dark with ginger sugar, brown sugar and black peeper, etc. it can be enjoyed with cold water or cold brown sugar sarbat (juice) during the summer season.
How to select and store
Always buy brown sugar cooked with sugar cane produced organically in the market. Buy pure brown sugar instead of refined jaggeries the market. It can be stored in air-tight container to prevent moisture for many months. Place in a dark, cool, dry place.
disadvantages, side effects and precautions
The long-term use of brown sugar can lead to weight gain, a problem with a roundworm and etc. It should be avoided by those suffering from diabetes and ulcerative colitis. Avoid with radish and fish
Eating regularly can fluctuate the level of blood sugar that affects the functioning of the pancreas therefore insulin release. This fluctuation of blood sugar can affect the functioning of the major organs such as kidneys, eyes, heart, etc.
How Jaggery eat every day
The amount of brown sugar, which should be eaten daily depends on the age, health conditions and the requirement of the person. It is very necessary to eat brown sugar within the limit if eaten daily. However, one or two spoon full of brown sugar on can be taken every day for the average person.
Additional Tags for this post
You May Also Like :