Health Benefits of Jackfruit (Kathal)
About jackfruit / Kathal
the jackfruit is also known by another name in India as Katahal, Kathal, jackfruit, jackfruit, Kathalai, jack, Jak and etc belongs to means the mulberry family Moraceae and widely found throughout the world. It originated first in the regions of South and Southeast Asia as well as the tropical forests of southwestern India; however, it is highly found in the Indian states of Kerala (declared as a fruit state), coastal Maharashtra and Karnataka.
It is widely cultivated in tropical regions of India from 3000-6000 years, including countries such as Bangladesh (declared as a national fruit), Thailand and Vietnam (major producer), Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Mauritius, Cambodia, Africa, Indonesia, the Philippines, Brazil, Caribbean nations of Jamaica and etc. is a summer vegetable that is widely during the summer season, from April to September.
ADVANTAGES OF JACKFRUIT (Kathal)
The jackfruit is a precious fruit (used like a ripe fruit when) and vegetables (used as a vegetable when raw) almost liked by all town. It looks and tastes great when used as a fruit or vegetable. It is very beneficial for health because it is loaded with multiple health ingredients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, thiamin, iron, niacin, riboflavin, selenium, zinc, copper, magnesium, fatty acids, proteins and so on. Some of the benefits to the truly amazing health jackfruit or Kathal listed below:
Benefits of jackfruit for immunity
stimulates the immune system it running
- jackfruit or Kathal is an excellent source of vitamins such as C and a, which has antioxidant properties and stimulates the immune system functioning.
prevent seasonal diseases
- because it improves the body’s immunity, protects against several seasonal and common illnesses such as flu, cough, fever and cold, etc.
Benefits of jackfruit for cancer
- Because a source rich in phytonutrients, antioxidants, flavonoids and fatty acids, is very useful for cancer prevention.
rich source of antioxidants
- high level of antioxidant compounds makes it able to protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals therefore oxygen prevents various types of colon cancer, breast, stomach, lung, prostate, oral cavity and etc.
prevents oxidative stress and DNA damage
- Its antioxidant nature prevents oxidative stress and DNA damage (which promotes development cancer cells) caused by free radicals.
removes toxins and protects against colon cancer
- His wealth of dietary fiber cleans out all toxins from the colon, It reduces the possibility of occurrence of colon cancer.
Protect lung and oral cavity cancer
- Vitamin A and carotenes found in it helps in protecting lung cancers and oral cavity.
- is rich source of some other phytonutrients called isoflavones, lignans, saponins and etc which has anti-cancer activity and anti property -aging therefore keeps the body away from cancer and premature aging.
keeps away from disorders of the thyroid gland
- copper ore found in it are actively involved in the metabolism of the thyroid, production and therefore kept away from the absorption of this gland disorders.
Benefits of jackfruit heart
maintains electrolyte balance
- Kathal helps keep normal blood pressure because rich source of potassium is required to maintain the level of liquid sodium and the body in order to balance the electrolyte level thereby reduces the risk of hypertension, stroke, heart failure , etc heart attack and cardiovascular problems.
Is Heart Friend
- is very kind heart as vitamin B6 is that it helps reduce the level of homocysteine in the blood.
Reduces bad cholesterol level
- By lowering the level of bad cholesterol in the blood prevents the formation of plaque in the arteries, blocking arteries, etc.
Benefits of jackfruit for the digestive system
- Kathal Eating regularly helps improve digestion because it contains large amounts of dietary fiber which gives laxative properties.
Prevents Digestive Disorders
- helps in the prevention of digestive disorders, including constipation, hemorrhoids and etc by controlling the bowel movements.
- is strong anti-ulcer in nature which makes it able to heal ulcers and various system disorders digestive.
Benefits of jackfruit skin
- is prevented from skin aging symptoms prematurely due to environmental pollution, free radicals, UV rays, oxidative stress, smoke, etc. tension and
nourishes the skin
- Its antioxidant property helps nourish the skin and slows aging by destroying free radicals and other Causes.
keeps the skin hydrated
- hydrated and moisturized is maintained and protected from various skin diseases.
maintains the integrity of the skin
- containing vitamin A that helps in maintaining the integrity integrity of the skin and mucous membranes .
makes the skin smooth and shiny
- Massaging the skin with pulp Kathal makes the skin soft and shiny and and it provides relief from dryness and pigmentation.
Benefits of jackfruit bone
strengthens and promotes bone growth
- Kathal have high amount of calcium and phosphorus, which are mostly required by the body to strengthen and promote healthy growth and development of bones.
increases the density of calcium from bone
- health problems related to bones, such as osteoarthritis is prevented, osteoporosis and joint problem by increasing the density of calcium from bone.
Benefits of jackfruit during pregnancy
improves hemoglobin level
- Prevents a woman of anemia during pregnancy to maintain the level of hemoglobin.
rich source of vitamins and minerals
- Is rich beam source of vitamins such as A, C, E, K, iron, niacin , folic acid, pantothenic acid, B6 including minerals such as manganese, copper and magnesium actively involved in the process of hematopoiesis.
Improves iron absorption
- The high availability of vitamin C improves the body’s ability to absorb the necessary amount of iron with in order to meet the hemoglobin count, and prevent and cure anemia.
Maintains the vision of the eyes and the developing fetus during pregnancy
- Vitamin A found in it promotes the production of suitable cells, eye vision and fetal development during pregnancy, etc.
Maintains general health
- Vitamin B3 helps in regulating hormones, increasing the level of immunity as well as control the level of stress in women during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Other health benefits of jackfruit
- acts as an energy booster because it provides immediate energy due to its wealth of high amount of carbohydrates, protein and calories.
contains simple sugars
- also contains the form of simple sugars such as fructose and sucrose that involves rapidly in boosting the body’s energy.
prevents Eye disorders
- Vitamin A found in it is very beneficial for eye health because it improves vision eye and protect various eye disorders such as retinal degeneration, cataract, macular degeneration related to age, etc.
prevents Respiratory disorders
- is very beneficial for the person suffering from asthma and other respiratory disorders.
prevents related degenerative changes age
- is rich source of flavonoid pigments such as beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, xanthine, lutein and etc which they have strong antioxidant properties and prevents the body from age-related degenerative changes.
- involves slightly in the strategy weight loss as it is an excellent source of simple easily digestible sugars and dietary fibers .
is used to treat brain disorders
- is useful in treating some disorders such as insomnia, anxiety, high blood pressure , neurosis, stress, memory loss, lack of concentration, etc.
it is used to treat eye inflammation
- the latex is in Kathal it is very useful in the treatment of pharyngitis, dystopia, and opthalmities etc.
Used to treat snake bites and swelling
- The mixture of latex and vinegar helps treat snake bites, abscesses , glandular inflammation and etc.
Natural remedy for fever and diarrhea
- Kathal is very good home to treat fever remedy, skin diseases, diarrhea, etc.
Benefits leaves jackfruit
Problems treats the skin
- leaves jackfruit have been used for years to treat skin problems, fever, boils, wounds, diabetes, etc.
- the mixture of ash leaves jackfruit , corn, coconut shells with coconut oil is very useful to cure ulcers.
Benefits of jackfruit seeds
jackfruit seeds are delicious tasting loaded with vitamins and proteins that are most important elements of health nutrition. Some of the beneficial aspects of Kathal seeds are mentioned below:
- actively help in the fight with wrinkles on skin if the paste of some jackfruit seeds (soaked in cold milk for a while) is regularly applied to wrinkled skin for a month.
Improves muscle strength
- Helps in improving muscle strength due to its wealth of high-level protein.
fight against cancer
- contains many nutrients in the form of anti-cancer phytonutrients and helps the body fight cancer.
prevents Digestive Disorders
- Consuming watermelon seed powder provides relief from indigestion and other digestive disorders.
Provides glow to the skin
- This helps to provide a radiant complexion to the skin if applied topically or taken orally .
- helps in preventing constipation and piles due to its high fiber content.
gives a natural appearance of the skin
- skin is given a flawless appearance if the seed paste jackfruit (soaked in milk and honey) is applied to the face for a few minutes until dry and then washed.
stimulates hair growth
- hair growth is stimulated, encouraging healthy blood circulation and proper nutrition to the scalp .
prevents hair loss
- is the rich source of vitamin A drying hair, rough, fragile and light.
Fall prevents hair
- Helps maintain healthy digestion prevents hair loss and unknown.
Nutritional Benefits of jackfruit / Kathal per 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 95 kcal
Carbohydrates: 23.5 g
Sugar: 19.08 g
Water: 60 g
Ash: 0.7 g
Proteins 1.72 g
Total Fat 0.64 g
saturated Fat: 200 mg
monounsaturated Fat: 150 mg
polyunsaturated fat: 100 mg
Omega-3 fatty acids: 75 mg
Omega-6 fatty acids: 18 mg
dietary fiber: 1.5g
thiamine (B1): 0.105 mg
riboflavin (B2): 0.055 mg
niacin ( B3): 0.920 mg
The pantothenic acid (B5): 0.235 mg
The pyridoxine (B6): 0.329 mg
Vitamin A: 110 IU
Vitamin C 13.7 mg
Vitamin E: 0.34 mg
folate: 24 g
Sodium: 3 mg
Potassium: 303 mg
Calcium: 34 mg
Iron: 0.60 mg
Magnesium: 37 mg
Manganese 0.197 mg
Phosphorus: 21 mg
Selenium 0.6 mg
Zinc 0.42 mg
Copper: 75 mcg
beta-carotene: 61 mg
Beta-Crypto-xanthine: 5 g
lutein-zeaxanthin: 157 g
How to select and store
If you are buying for cooking as a vegetable and then always select ,,,, fresh green hard heavy solid projections and thorny Kathal intact skin from the market. If the purchase to eat their flesh and then buy well matured, yellowish, having projections of soft spines, Kathal heavy and cool. Avoid buying infected with stained wrinkled Kathal bruising and light ,,, market because they can harm health. raw cashews can be stored at room temperature for a week no matter how long in the refrigerator can be stored for longer. Mature jackfruit can not be stored at room temperature for more than one day however, in the refrigerator can be stored longer.
How to enjoy
can be enjoyed in both forms, raw and ripe. You can enjoy through several recipes after firing the raw Kathal. mature Kathal can be enjoyed by eating their flesh, which is very tasty yellowish color, smell very nice, sweet, and has a lot of health benefits. jackfruit slices ripe can be enjoyed with grated coconut sprinkled, sliced banana, honey, etc. It is used to make jelly, jam, desserts, fruit salad, etc.
precautions, side effects and disadvantages
despite having several health benefits, it has some side effects and health disadvantages mentioned below:
- some allergic reactions to people is made sensitive to it and who suffer from allergies to birch pollen.
- can improve the coagulation process among people with blood disorders.
- which may interfere with the level of glucose tolerance in diabetic patients.
- may interfere with patients undergoing tissue transplantation or immunosuppression due to their immunostimulatory properties.
- Usually it should be avoided by women who are pregnant or plan to do, because it can interfere with sexual arousal, libido, energy level and etc.
- should be avoided by the person taking blood-thinning medications or aspirin because it causes bleeding risk.
- has a high content of calories and carbohydrates rich plant therefore must be consumed within the limits of weight conscious people.
- It is considered to be safe during pregnancy, however, should be eaten in less quantity or avoided as it may induce miscarriage due to its powerful laxative nature that cause diarrhea.
How jackfruit / Kathal for lunch one day
As we have seen, both aspects of jackfruit means both positive and negative so They should be consumed within the limit and the requirement body. Kathal eat the amount, if it is ripe or raw on a daily basis depends on the age, weight and health conditions of the person, however, anything within limit is safe for health.
You May Also Like :