Health Benefits of Green Leafy Vegetables
ADVANTAGES OF leafy vegetables
The green leafy vegetables are amazing natural sources of good health and considered the richest source of iron and antioxidants. You can find answers to all the questions below:
Green leafy vegetables provide many health benefits, as they have more vitamins, soluble and insoluble fiber, minerals and phytochemicals that help in the fight against disease . They help control hunger and therefore control weight. Some of the amazing health benefits of vegetables dark green leafy listed below:
- Soluble fibers found in it below the level of bad cholesterol and keep blood pressure.
- Control the swing-blood sugar because it slows the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream after taking the food.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes
- Their high water content keeps the body well hydrated therefore maintains the smoothness of the skin and hair growth.
- high level of calcium keeps teeth, nails and bones strong and prevents the onset of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Its rich in antioxidants (vitamin C, lutein, zeaxanthin) advances among all foods.
- Prevents cataracts, macular degeneration related to age, aging, arthritis, skin problems and hair.
- Its content in beta-carotene involves especially in the growth and proper development of body tissues and protects the skin from sun damage.
- Its rich in folate reduces the risk of hemoglobin problems, cardiovascular disease, memory loss and etc.
- also it contains vitamin E that keeps very healthy and glowing skin.
- It is the rich source of vitamin K which is to keep the process of blood clotting and prevents bone fragility, arterial and kidney calcification and etc.
- Reduces cholesterol level prevents thus the effects of high cholesterol.
- They have the ability to strengthen the immune system, cancer prevention, improving blood circulation and purification, the promotion of intestinal flora, improving digestion, liver detoxification, etc.
- Provides better growth and development of children and pregnant women due to its richness in folic acid and phytonutrients.
- In particular, the risk of colon cancer due to its high dietary fiber is reduced.
You May Also Like :