Health Benefits of Ginger (Adrak)
About Ginger / Ginseng / Adrak
Ginger root is one of the most famous spice used in many Indian dishes and other forms worldwide. It is also known as ginseng or more commonly adrak in India. It is used especially as a spice and for medicinal purposes for its great nutritional health benefits. It belongs to the Zingiberaceae family as cardamom, turmeric and galangal. Its cultivation began first in South Asia and then distributed to East Africa and other regions of the world.
ADVANTAGES OF GINGER / Adrak
Ginger has strong spicy aroma used in many cuisines of India in any way cool, dry, powder, pickled fish, juice, oil or other forms. Ginger tea is one of the most famous teas from India are used for medicinal purposes, especially in the winter season. Some of the nutritional health benefits of ginger are mentioned below:
Ginger benefits to the respiratory system
Relieves cough and cold
- immediate relief of symptoms of cold, cough and sore throat if you TSF ginger juice is taken with honey for a few days is provided.
Maintains clean air
- Helps reduce airway contraction and stimulation of mucus secretion suitable.
is used to treat stuffy nose and throat
- is very effective for treatment of throat and nose congestion if ginger tea is taken for a few days.
- Ginger helps to cure asthma, if the mixture of ginger juice, fenugreek and honey is taken.
preventing respiratory tract infection
- helps in the prevention of infection of the upper respiratory tract, such as bronchitis, throat infections, etc.
Benefits of ginger for digestive system
Relieves Digestive Disorders
- relief from digestive disorders such as nausea and vomiting if small pieces of fresh ginger is chewed is provided.
cures loss of appetite
- ginger provides relief of symptoms of appetite loss by increasing the frequency of fresh ginger appetite if eaten just before the meal.
Improves absorption of essential nutrients
- This helps a lot in food digestion, enhances the absorption of some essential nutrients by increasing the secretion of pancreatic and gastric enzymes and protein digestion by breaking down into smaller parts.
Protects stomach ulcer
- calms upset stomach and protects the stomach from ulcers by increasing mucus secretion suitable.
- Your carminative property provides immediate relief from the problems of bloating and gas thus helps in reducing flatulence.
is used to treat digestive system disorders
- Adrak is used in many medicines as an essential ingredient as laxatives, antacids and anti-gas medication treatment.
relieves nausea and vomiting
- immediate relief of nausea, dizziness, vertigo, vomiting, cold sweats and etc. is provided
Benefits of ginger for pregnant women
Relieves morning sickness
- relief from morning sickness (nausea and vomiting known as hyperemesis gravidarum during pregnancy) to pregnant women however, should be consulted by the doctor is provided.
Benefits of ginger for women
reduces menstrual pain
- reduces pain during menstruation in women when taken before the onset of menstruation.
prevents the risk of ovarian and breast cancer
- Ginger helps in preventing ovarian and breast cancer to women by inducing death of cancer cells through the process of apoptosis.
Benefits of ginger for the brain
- relief headache It provides for migraine (by inhibiting the secretion and synthesis of prostaglandin) when diluted ginger paste was applied to the forehead.
relieves stress and tension
- Adrak makes the mind calm, providing relief from stress and tension.
Alzheimer’s Disease Cures
- Helps in healing and prevention of Alzheimer’s disease by reducing the loss of brain cells.
Benefits of ginger for bones and joints
relieves pain and inflammation
- its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties (due to the presence of a compound called gingeroles) provides relief from joint pain and inflammation of joints for arthritis if taken regularly.
Relieves rheumatoid arthritis
- ginger provides relief of symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis if taken regularly.
Benefits of ginger for cancer
- Ginger is very powerful antioxidant spice because it contains high levels of antioxidant compounds that aid in the prevention of various cancers.
reduces bad effects of chemotherapy
- is very beneficial in reducing the negative effects of chemotherapy.
Benefits of Ginger heart
regulates blood pressure
- Ginger helps in the regulation of normal blood pressure thus prevents hypertension.
reduces blood cholesterol level
- Adrak helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and reduces the occurrence of heart problems.
Benefits of ginger for immunity
strengthens the immune system
- it is increased and thus strengthens the body’s immune system prevents various infections.
contains unique phytochemicals
- contains some unique phyto-chemical substances that give a disease prevention capacity and health-promoting properties.
Benefits of ginger for men
stimulate sexual desire
- IT aphrodisiac stimulating sexual desire in men therefore spice to life.
increases the amount of sperm
- Regular use of ginger increases sperm count and quality and increases production of the hormone testosterone.
is used to treat erectile dysfunction
- is very effective in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men.
Benefits of Ginger in diabetes
controls blood sugar and insulin level
- helps control the level of blood sugar and increase the level of plasma insulin among people with type-2 diabetes.
- Ginger reduces the risk of cataracts among diabetic patients.
Advantages of ginger juice
burned skin Relieves
- Application of ginger juice directly onto the burned skin provides immediate relief.
Reduces joint inflammation
- Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant property nature helps reduce joint inflammation among people suffering from thyroid problems or arthritis.
kill cancer cells
- have ability to kill cancer cells in the body thus prevents the growth of breast cancer cells.
control blood pressure
- Your Property blood thinning helps control blood pressure in people suffering from hypertension.
is used to treat digestive disorders
- is a natural painkiller and solves various digestive disorders.
Curas seasonal Problems
- Your property antiviral helps cure seasonal problems such as cold, cough, nausea and flu.
- Its antioxidant nature due to the availability of vitamin C prevents free radicals, environmental toxins and aging this prematurely.
The benefits of ginger oil for hair, skin and teeth
Reduces muscle and joint pain
- Helps reduce muscle pain and joint pain if ginger oil is used to massage and bath.
contains essential oils
- contains lots of beneficial essential oils for health (zingerona, gingerol, shogaol, β-phelladrene, farnesene, cineol, citral and etc), which helps in improving bowel motility, calms nerves, fever and below [etc
- Garlic oil is a very good agent having antibacterial, antiviral, anti microbial and anti-fungal medicinal properties that can be used orally and topically for relief.
- Ginger helps in curing dandruff if garlic oil is massaged into the scalp hair.
is used to treat infections
- helps in the treatment of infections caused by bacteria, viruses, microbes or fungi.
- Application of cotton balls garlic oil on the tooth for 8 to 10 minutes provides relief from toothache.
promotes hair growth
- is loaded with lots of nutrients that promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss by improving blood circulation to the hair roots.
Relieves fungal infections
- Adrak provides relief from yeast infections, ringworm, ringworm, warts and etc. If applied to the affected skin.
Benefits of ginger tea
Relieves cold symptoms
- Ginger tea provides immediate relief of symptoms of cold, cough, sore throat and nasal congestion.
provides relief from various disorders
- calms the nerves, prevents vomiting, headaches, relieving stomach discomfort, reduces inflammation, lost phlegm and expands the lungs, improves blood flow, prevents fever, improves immunity and etc.
Benefits of ginger tea for weight loss
Burn Fat Extra
- Has the ability to burn fat that excess body fat is burned and helps to keep the overall weight if ginger tea taken regularly.
- Ginger increases the rate of metabolism and burns fat stored in the additional body.
Reduces bad cholesterol
- Helps reduce bad cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels in the body which the body burns fat.
Saves a full stomach
- helps improve weight loss, causing the stomach feeling full for long after a meal.
Benefits of ginger tea for skin
Improves skin flexibility
- contains a potent antioxidant (gingerol) that prevents the skin from free radicals and premature aging and improves skin flexibility.
Improves blood circulation
- Adrak is a good vasodilator that improves blood circulation throughout the body by expanding the blood vessels thus makes the skin healthy and glowing.
relieves skin problems
- Reduces skin inflammations, prevents acne, psoriasis and skin problems, etc.
Benefits of ginger and lemon juice
provides relief from cold and sore throat
- Drink Mix sliced root boiled in water, lemon juice and honey ginger acts as a best Ayurvedic medicine and provides relief from common cold, cough, headache and sore throat.
Benefits of ginger powder
good skin toner
- acts as a good skin toner if the powder mixture of boiled water ginger and rosemary oil to deal with cotton balls skin is applied. Remove the skin powder, hydrates, reduces dryness and skin tone.
cures Stomach Irritation
- Helps in healing stomach irritation if taken with sugar cane juice every day early in the morning.
- The application of paste dry ginger powder on the forehead provides relief from headache.
relieves chest pain
- Taking the mixture of ginger powder and sugar with coconut water provides relief from chest pain.
relieves symptoms of arthritis
- relief from arthritis symptoms if boiled water ginger powder is taken is provided. It also cures the common cold.
Used to treat urinary tract infections
- helps in the treatment of urinary tract infections if dry ginger powder taken with milk and sugar.
Benefits of galanga ginger
- is a blue ginger used in East Asia in the world (Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and etc). It has a mild flavor and less spicy than normal ginger with common health benefits flavor.
Other health benefits of ginger
Used to treat various ailments of the body
- Ginger is used to treat various ailments of the body due to its powerful strong preventive and therapeutic effects.
prevents bacterial and viral infection
- many health problems are avoided because of its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, anti-emetic, analgesic (pain reliever), antioxidants, antivirals.
reduces pain, swelling and inflammation
- This helps to reduce inflammation, pain and swelling anywhere in the body because it inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes.
Relieves intestinal gas
- Ginger has carminative properties and provides relief of intestinal gas by inhibiting serotonin receptors.
prevents premature aging
- have antioxidant property which makes it capable of preventing premature aging.
suppress allergic reactions
- have antihistamine properties which makes it able to suppress various allergic reactions in the body.
prevents the harmful effects of free radicals
- Adrak body gives protection against the harmful effects of free radicals, and active phenolic compounds containing 6-gingerol as inhibiting nitric oxide production thus prevents premature aging.
rich source of antioxidants
- It is the rich source of antioxidants that help in protecting tissues and organs of various substances that induce oxidation.
nutritional benefits of raw / Adrak ginger 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 80 kcal
Carbohydrates: 17.77 g
Dietary fiber: 2 g
Protein: 1.82 g
Total Fat 0.75 g
Saturated fat: 0.2 g
Polyunsaturated fats 0.2 g
Monounsaturated fat: 0.2 g
Thiamine: 0,025 mg
Riboflavin: 0.034 mg
Niacin 0.75 mg
Pantothenic acid: 0.203 mg
Vitamin B6: 0.16 mg
Folate: 11 g
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Vitamin E: 0.26 mg
Vitamin K: 0.1 mg
Sodium: 13 mg
Potassium: 415 mg
Calcium: 16 mg
Iron: 0.6 mg
Magnesium: 43 mg
Manganese 0.229 mg
Phosphorus: 34 mg
Zinc: 0.34 mg
Copper: 0.226 mg
How to select and store ginger
Always buy fresh, ripe and healthy ginger or adrak market. Avoid buying dried, ground ginger with stained odor and bad market. Ginger can be enjoyed in many ways, such as tea, spices, oil, juice, lemonade, ginger, ginger juice with honey, cane sugar or water, brine, grated ginger salad, dust, etc. can be stored for a long period of time in the refrigerator by placing in the airtight container or plastic bags.
disadvantages, side effects and precautions ginger
Despite having a lot of health benefits, which causes serious problems and need to be taken with caution. Some are mentioned below:
- Taking ginger tea more than the requirement can cause diarrhea, irritation, heartburn, nausea, restlessness and insomnia.
- Drinking ginger tea should be avoided on an empty stomach, during pregnancy and patients who have problems with gallstones.
- it should be avoided by people with some medications and should consult a doctor.
- is avoided by the person suffering from bleeding disorders or taking blood-thinning medications, diabetes medications and medications for hypertension.
- Higher doses should be avoided by heart patients.
How to eat ginger
It can be taken according to health problems for immediate relief, however, depends on age, sex, weight and health status of the person. High doses can lead to serious health problems so it should be within limits.
You May Also Like :