Health Benefits of Garlic (Lehsun)
About garlic / Lehsun
or lehsun Garlic is a very famous vegetable or spice (it belongs to the Alliaceae family) most commonly used in almost all Indian curry. In India it is the most important ingredient of vegetable or vegetarian dishes, used to obtain pleasant smell and taste fabulous. Sulfur-containing compounds are responsible for the pungent smell. It has both nutritional values health and medicinal values to nourish the body.
has been used for years as a best home remedy to treat various problems such as headaches, common cold, cough, pimples, acne, insect bites, ulcers, snakebite, tumors, wounds, heart disease, cancer, measles and etc, due to its anti-fungal properties -oxidant anti anti-bacterial, anti-viral and.
originated first in the central region of the Asia and is considered as the oldest cultivated plant in the world. It has been used for years for a variety of therapeutic purposes for several countries. It is commercially cultivated in many countries like China, India, South Korea, Spain, United States, etc.
Information on Garlic / Lehsun
An important fact about garlic is, increases their nutritional health benefits if allowed to sit for some time after cutting or crushing. Total use or intact garlic dishes not provide full health benefits, as it is all beneficial properties intact remains inactive.
Benefits of garlic / LEHSUN
Indian cuisine is incomplete without proper use of garlic, because it improves the taste and nutritional value of the dishes and it is filled with a variety of healthy ingredients. It is very famous and strong bitter miracle herb seasoning and has a lot of medicinal properties and used as therapeutic purposes. It has natural ability to prevent and treat various infections, diseases and other poor health conditions. Some of the benefits for nutritional health movement of garlic are mentioned below:
benefits of garlic to fight infections
fight with infections
- garlic has antibacterial, antioxidant, antiviral and anti-fungal which makes it able to fight with almost all infections caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, yeasts, intestinal worms and etc. if consumed daily.
prevents food poisoning
- Eat some fresh garlic regularly helps in preventing food poisoning caused by E. coli , Salmonella enteritidis, Staphylococcus aureus and other harmful bacteria.
Relieves respiratory tract infections
- the frequent occurrence of seasonal colds and cough are prevented. relief from sore throats and infections of the upper respiratory tract is provided.
prevents Respiratory System Disorders
- Prevents other respiratory system disorders such as asthma, dyspnea (difficulty breathing), the chronic bronchitis and etc. It also improves expectoration (frequency of coughing and spluttering) among people who suffer from cold.
strong and effective antibiotics
- is very strong and antibiotic effective help in killing the bacteria strains obtained immunity or resistant to some antibiotics.
- relief from tonsillitis is provided if the mixture of garlic boiled in water is taken, a pinch of salt and 1 TSF pepper and butter.
Relieves Digestive Disorders
- relief from bloating, constipation and stomach cramps is provided if small pieces of garlic is taken swallowed with water.
benefits of garlic skin
is used to treat skin infections
- It is useful in treating skin infections if eaten with food or applied directly to the skin.
fight against fungal skin infections
- contains a special chemical called Ajoene that makes it able to fight fungal infections skin, like the foot of ringworm, athlete, etc.
Problems treats the skin
- the application of extracts of garlic foot calluses (hard skin) and warts on the hands (mass) of the skin helps to get free of these conditions.
alleviates acne and blemishes
- relief from acne, spots, blemishes, blackheads and etc during the adolescent age is provided.
Provides radiant skin
- Take one or two cloves of raw garlic early morning with warm water provide radiant skin.
prevents premature aging
- aging is prevented early, because it is a potent antioxidant and protects the body from the effects of radicals free harmful.
benefits of garlic for the heart
contains anti-clotting property
- is prevents blood thinning due to its anti-coagulant properties. It contains a compound called Ajoene that helps in preventing the formation of blood clots in blood vessels.
- helps in reducing blood pressure to normal thus prevents hypertension.
reduces blood pressure
- blocks the activity of a protein in the body called angiotensin II (which causes blood vessels and increases the contraction of blood pressure), because it contains a compound called allicin that lowers blood pressure.
controls blood pressure
- It contains another compound called polysulfides, which gets converted into the gas hydrogen sulfide by red blood cells the body and therefore cause dilation of blood vessels helps control blood pressure.
prevents cardiovascular problems
- Provides complete protection for the heart because it has ability to prevent various cardiovascular problems such as stroke, attack heart, arteriosclerosis, hypertension and many more.
maintains the flexibility of the arteries
- Helps maintain flexibility of arteries (which is lost with age) therefore It prevents heart problems.
Protects against free radicals
- protects the heart from damaging effects of free radicals.
- contains various compounds containing sulfur which helps in preventing blood vessel is blocked thus preventing atherosclerosis (hardened arteries and blocks get adequate blood supply).
prevents plaque formation
- has ability to lower triglycerides and down level of bad cholesterol in the blood thus preventing the formation of plaque in the arteries.
Natural Blood Cleaner
- acts as a blood cleanser and clean the internal systems if taken regularly.
relaxes blood vessels
- stimulates the production of nitric oxide in the walls of blood vessels has relaxing effect on blood vessels thus prevents hypertension.
benefits of garlic for combat with allergies
- Its properties anti-inflammatory that is able to fight against various allergies.
benefits of garlic for bones and joints of Health
prevents bone and joint problems
- it has anti-arthritic properties, as it contains some compounds called diallyl sulfide and thiacremonone that has the capacity to prevent problems in bones and joints such as arthritis and osteoporosis.
benefits of garlic for diabetes
regulates sugar level
- release is improved insulin in the body thus helps in regulating the proper level of blood sugar in diabetics.
benefits of garlic for cancer prevention
Reduces Cancer Risk Down
- it reduces the risk of cancer if taken on a daily basis, as it has anti-cancer properties due to the availability of a compound called diallyl sulfide inhibits cancer causing agent (PhIP) to get become carcinogens.
Prevents growing tumors
- It also prevents the growth and development of tumors in the body.
rich source of vitamin B6
- Vitamin B6 is in acting as an agent against cancer and prevents various cancers such as bladder cancer, breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer, stomach cancer, prostate cancer and etc.
acts as an anti-cancer
- germanium is that also acts as an anti-cancer agent that prevents the development of cancer .
prevents brain cancer
- brain cancer is prevented, since it contains organic sulfur compounds which aid in the destruction of brain tumor cells that cause glioblastomas.
benefits of garlic for women
- prevents the appearance of anemia among women as it improves iron metabolism in the body.
maintains the level of blood hemoglobin
- sulfides diallyl found in garlic improve production ferroportin protein in body which helps in iron absorption and therefore the release maintains the level of hemoglobin in the blood.
benefits of garlic for men
stimulates sexual desire
- Garlic has properties aphrodisiac that makes it able to increase the circulation of blood throughout the body and stimulates sexual desire in men.
- men are prevented from impotence (impotence).
benefits of garlic for Teeth
- immediate relief is provided of toothaches if applied a bit of crushed garlic to the affected tooth due to its antibacterial and analgesic properties.
benefits of garlic in weight loss
controls the formation of fat cells
- Regular consumption of garlic controls the formation of fat cells in the body by preventing the conversion of pre-adipocytes cells of the adipocyte fatty cells therefore prevents the weight gain.
- Drinking luke warm lemon juice with two cloves of raw garlic in the morning and evening regularly with proper exercise provides helps control weight.
- the rate of metabolism in the body thus helps in reducing weight very easily be increased.
Benefits of garlic during pregnancy
Prevents mother and baby anemia
- anemia is prevented during pregnancy for both mother and baby.
baby drives growth
- helps boost weight baby in the womb.
prevents high blood pressure
- This prevents high blood pressure during pregnancy (preeclampsia).
preventing preterm birth
- premature delivery of the baby is prevented among pregnant women by preventing microbial infections during pregnancy.
benefits of garlic for the immune system
strengthens the body’s immune system
- It increases and strengthens the body’s immune system and improves the ability to fight chest infections, cold, cough, congestion, flu, etc.
rich source of vitamin B6 and vitamin C
- Its rich in vitamin B6 and vitamin C improves the immunity level of the body, improving the growth of new cells.
Stimulates functioning of immune cells
- stimulates the functioning of immune cells such as T lymphocytes and macrophages thus strengthen body’s defense system.
Advantages of garlic juice
relieves persistent cough
- Taking garlic juice with honey 2 TSF four times day provides relief from persistent cough.
- helps in curing asthma if taken garlic juice (8-10 drops) with 2 TSF honey .
- raw garlic juice has the capacity to provide immediate relief from itching caused by rashes, insect bites or insect bites when applied to the affected area.
- The application of garlic juice with salt on the affected area of bruises, sprains or ringworm provides fast relief .
benefits of garlic juice hair
promotes hair growth
- Contains high level of allicin improves hair growth, prevents hair loss if garlic juice is applied directly to the scalp or slice garlic rubbed into the scalp.
Benefits of garlic powder and pills
is used to make capsules
- garlic I crushed powder is packed in gelatin capsules and called as garlic capsules or pill that provides some health benefits as whole garlic.
Other benefits of garlic
removes toxins from the body
- that helps in removing and washing of heavy metals which have harmful effects on the body (lead, mercury and etc).
- helps maintain the functioning of the thyroid gland because it contains high levels of mineral iodine thus prevents hyperthyroidism.
- is a very good and powerful antioxidant because it contains high levels of vitamin C thus prevents scurvy.
keeps away demons and vampires
- It is considered that keeps the demons and vampires away.
remedy various problems
- is a better home to treat hay fever (allergic rhinitis) remedy, hemorrhoids and diarrhea.
- acts as a good mosquito repellent thus kept away from mosquitoes when applied directly to the skin or It remains in the area.
Reduces the risk of oxidative stress
- This reduces the risk of oxidative stress because it contains a variety of compounds containing sulfur, such as allicin, alliin, allixin, diallyl sulfide, diallyl sulfide and di- and tri etc.
produces antioxidant enzymes
- is a good antioxidant because it contains selenium, which increases the production of antioxidant enzymes.
- psoriasis relief is provided and makes the skin soft.
- is a good detoxifier stimulates the liver to release more toxins from the body.
Benefits of garlic oil
- oil normal garlic provides immediate pain relief ear if there are two or three drops of warm garlic oil is introduced into the affected ear.
Relieves the symptoms of cold
- immediate relief of symptoms of cold during the winter is provided, if the garlic oil is a chest massage and the underside of the foot. Boil the mixture of slices of garlic, ajwain and asafetida mustard oil to prepare garlic oil.
Benefits of raw garlic
destroys free radicals
- Raw garlic, uses the Allin that has more capacity destroy free radicals and cancer prevention properties.
Benefits of green leaves Garlic
- leaves of green garlic are used primarily by people of India as a spice or vegetable add in the curry, soup, chutney or other vegetables to bring a little extra flavor and look. It can be used to add in the curry paste to make the same or very small pieces can be added to vegetables leaves garlic.
Nutritional Benefits of Raw / Lehsun garlic per 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 149 kcal
Carbohydrates: 33.06 g
Sugar: 1 g
dietary fiber: 2.1g
Fat: 0, 5 g
Protein: 6,36 g
thiamine: 0.2 mg
Riboflavin: 0, 11 mg
Niacin 0.7 mg
pantothenic acid: 0.596 mg
Vitamin B6: 1,235 mg
folate: 3 mg
Vitamin C: 31.2 mg
Potassium: 401 mg
Sodium: 17 mg
Calcium: 181 mg
Iron: 1.7 mg
Magnesium: 25 mg
Manganese: 1,672 mg
Phosphorus: 153 mg
Zinc: 1.16 mg
Selenium: 14.2 g
How to enjoy garlic
garlic or Lehsun can be enjoyed in many ways, raw, cooked, garlic bread, pickles, sauce, soup, garlic powder, pills or oil. You can cook many dishes to enhance the flavor and nutritional value. You can take raw water or honey depends on the given purpose. It can be sprinkled on salads, pasta or other dishes.
how to select and store garlic
Always buy fresh garlic on the market. Select the garlic has a hard texture, skin intact, tightly packed in the bulb and bright color. Avoid buying bruised garlic with skin, germinated, dark, smelling bad old separated from the bulb and etc. It can be stored for a long time at room temperature in a cool, dark open environment ,, place. It should be stored away from direct exposure to sunlight and heat for germination and dispossession prevented.
disadvantages, side effects and precautions Side garlic
Despite having a lot of health benefits, garlic has several drawbacks and side effects that need some precautions while eaten raw or cooked. Some of the disadvantages, side effects and precautions listed below:
- should be avoided by patients with heart problems or who should consult a doctor while adding to the daily diet.
- after any surgery also is avoided, as it may disturb the operation anticoagulants and induce bleeding.
- People with any medication should consult their doctor before eating raw garlic because it can be harmful to health in combination with some drugs.
- it is also avoided by asthmatics As the condition worsens.
- Some people are hypersensitive to garlic and allergic symptoms such as skin rash, fever, headache, heartburn, flatulence and develop etc.
- Be careful before using raw garlic directly on the skin, as it can damage the sensitive and delicate skin.
- problems can cause burning sensations, nausea, heartburn, bloating, gas, vomiting, diarrhea, irritation of the gastrointestinal tract and other digestion when taken in large quantities.
- should be used very safely during pregnancy and lactation.
- Eating raw garlic it should be avoided by children. crude
How many garlic cloves one day
Eat garlic or cooked on a daily basis depends on age, sex, weight and health status of the person. However you should avoid taking more than two or three cloves of raw garlic a day, as it can cause blood thinning and other serious diseases. This article is written only for the purpose of information, you should consult your doctor before adding a daily habit.
You May Also Like :