Health Benefits of Dates / Chhuhara / Khajur
About dates / Chhuhara / Khajur
the dates are commonly known by people in India as Chhuhara or Khajur that has been used for years to eat and medicinal purposes. It originated first in the regions of the Persian Gulf has been widely cultivated in many countries such as Australia, Madeira, North Africa Islands, Spain, Cape Verde, in the Sahel region in Africa, Afghanistan, Mauritius, India, Pakistan, the United States, China, Fiji, northern Mexico, Leeward Islands, Italy, Cayman Islands, etc.
Because of its many health benefits and medicinal has been used for years as a preferred necessities and food in many countries of lime Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Saudi, Iran and etc. It is found in various types such as Hayany, Khadrawy, Barhi Monastery Date, Maktum, Medjool, Sayer, Thoory, Deglet Noor, Halawy, Khastawi, Saidy, Zahdi somethings.
ADVANTAGES OF DATES (CHHUHARA O Khajur)
Date or Chhuhara is very beneficial for health because it is loaded with healthy nutrients that have the ability to heal, protect and prevent the body of various health disorders such as diarrhea, constipation, intestinal disorders, anemia, heart problems, abdominal cancer, sexual dysfunction, and so many. It is a good home remedy for weight gain and weight loss.
It is said that the healthy and balanced nature’s gift to nurture the whole human brotherhood food. Has its own significance and importance in many cultures of India and eaten in a day after fasting so you can get food and relief to the digestive system. Some of its benefits to nutritional health are mentioned below:
Benefits dates for the digestive system
cures chronic constipation
- because of its laxative nature that provides a lot of help in healing chronic constipation. immediate relief is provided if soaked dates in the morning eat regularly.
promotes healthy bowel movements
- Chhuhara contains high level of soluble fiber that promotes healthy bowel movements and facilitates the passage of the food along the intestinal tract.
maintains electrolyte balance
- dates Well mature have good amount of potassium, which plays an effective role in controlling diarrhea through regulation the balance of electrolytes in the body.
Improves the digestive system works
- Nicotine is found that it helps in the healing of various intestinal disorders such as growth inhibition pathogenic bacteria, promotes the growth of intestinal bacteria, solves the problem of indigestion by stimulating proper digestion and many foods.
Reduces the risk of abdominal cancer
- date Comer reduces the risk of abdominal cancer as it helps in regularizing system activities digestive.
prevents colon cancer
- Their high level of soluble and insoluble dietary fibers acts as a laxative and protects the mucous membrane of colon cancer colon.
Digestive Disorders Try
- Eating dried dates regularly helps in the treatment of various digestive disorders including the formation of gas, heartburn, bloating , stomach ulcers, hemorrhoids, heartburn and colitis.
Benefits dates of bones, teeth and joints
causes the bone and teeth healthy
- Chhuhara provides bones, teeth and joints adequate food for the healthy growth and development.
prevents Bone Diseases
- is a super food that strengthens bones and prevents painful diseases all and degenerative diseases such as osteoarthritis, osteoporosis etc.
provides all the necessary minerals to bone
- the availability of minerals such as selenium, calcium, manganese, copper, phosphorus and magnesium It makes it able to nourish the bones if consumed regularly.
- Its high level of minerals fluoride helps slow down tooth decay, etc.
strengthens tooth enamel
- fluorine is found in dates also prevents the formation of plaque on teeth by strengthening tooth enamel.
Benefits dates to weight gain
- Chhuhara helps weight gain among people thin and weak if consumed regularly because of their high level of availability of sugar, carbohydrates, proteins, essential vitamins and etc, which are mostly needed to improve weight.
- also helps keep the weight achieved if eaten with cucumber paste.
Increases energy level
- Date contains high amount of natural sugars including glucose, fructose, sucrose and therefore boosts the level body energy and eliminates the weakness.
Benefits dates for Nervous System
Increases the health of the nervous system
- Chhuhara is rich in natural vitamin increases the health of the nervous system, stimulating proper operation.
Improves Concentration Mind Level
- is rich source of potassium which is mostly required by the body to promote healthy nervous system, which helps improve concentration, speed and alertness of memory.
Benefits dates to the heart
Maintains healthy heart
- date is very healthy heart also if eaten some soaked Chhuhara regularly.
reduces the risk of heart disorders
- helps to strengthen weak hearts that works, because it is rich source of potassium, which is to reduce the risk of heart disease, such as hypertension, stroke, heart failure, etc.
reduces the cholesterol level
- helps reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the blood therefore prevents heart attacks, atherosclerosis and etc.
Benefits dates for diabetics
Foods low glycemic
- The date contains high amounts of natural sugars, is a low-glycemic food and no increase in the level of blood sugar therefore little amount is safe for diabetics.
Benefits dates for the skin
repair damaged cells
- Date is the natural source of vitamins B, especially B5 which is very beneficial for the growth of skin cells and the repair of damaged cells due to free radicals.
is used to treat dry skin
- The content of vitamin A maintains healthy and smooth skin by treating problems dry skin and removal of dead skin cells.
regenerates skin cells
- Chhuhara help in the regeneration of new skin cells to make fresh, healthy, youthful skin and radiant.
The early delays aging
- Its antioxidant nature prevents skin from free radicals, UV rays and premature aging and make the firm and toned skin.
improves skin texture
- helps improve skin texture and makes the skin smooth skin and fair if consumed regularly.
Provides natural glow to the skin
- Date face pack (pasta fresh dates, lemon juice or orange juice) can applied to the skin of the face for 10 to 15 minutes to arrive fresh and radiant.
Benefits dates for hair
- The pantothenic acid or vitamin B5 is in dates prevents many hair problems including hair loss, brittle hair, split ends, and etc.
nourishes the hair roots
- Provides better nutrition to the hair roots and scalp and prevents excessive hair fall, dryness, etc.
makes hair strong
- Chhuhara makes the strongest, silky, shiny hair, providing complete food for hair.
Benefits dates for Children
promotes proper growth and development
- As children are growing old and they need more healthy and essential for growth and development of bone nutrients, teeth, skin, hair, memory, brain and other body systems so it is good to give some dates soaked daily basis.
- It’s good for thin and weak children to gain weight naturally.
Improved Memory level
- Chhuhara helps improve memory and concentration level.
Benefits dates to men
Improved body holds
- Date contains aphrodisiac property natural and helps in removing sexual weaknesses among men energizing the body and increase sexual stamina if some dates (soaked in fresh goat milk overnight) are consumed daily. You can take all the milk by grinding in the juicer.
- to improve the flavor and taste of honey and you can also add cardamom powder.
natural tonic for men
- Chhuhara is a natural and powerful tonic for all men to increase their sexual stamina and curing sterility and other sexual disorders.
Improves sperm count
- contains some natural compounds called flavonoids and estradiols that are very helpful in increasing the sperm count, motility stimulating the proper growth of the testicles means the size and weight.
Benefits dates to women during pregnancy
improves hemoglobin count
- is very effective throughout the pregnancy due to its richness in iron is required by the body to maintain normal hemoglobin count.
- Chhuhara help in curing anemia among women during pregnancy through compliance with the lack of iron, so and it eliminates the feeling of fatigue, weakness and slowness.
keeps fresh and energetic body
- carrying capacity of blood oxygen is improved by increasing the number of cells red of the blood thus keeps the body fresh and energetic as well as provide a better level of oxygen to the fetus.
- Date helps improve the contraction of the uterine muscles and smooth the passage of the baby during delivery time and and it prevents excessive bleeding after delivery.
Benefits dates juice
date juice can be prepared at home by mixing some dates soaked in milk. Mix both the blender and enjoy drink in a glass. Some of its health benefits are mentioned below:
nourishes the skin and hair
- Date is a good drink nourishment to the skin and hair, provide better texture, smoothness and softness to the skin and hair.
stimulates the muscular uterine contraction
- The juice consumption date is very good to process natural light, as it stimulates contraction the muscles of the uterus.
prevents cancer and aging
- is rich in lots of antioxidants and flavonoids thus prevent cancer and premature aging.
Remedy to gain weight
- Chhuhara is good and cheap natural home remedy to win easily more weight because it is rich source of sugar and carbohydrates.
- constipation problem is solved, because it contains insoluble dietary fiber as a laxative.
contains essential nutrients for bones and teeth
- is good for bones and teeth, because being a source of calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, iron and copper.
Other health benefits of dates
- Date prevents infections and disorders of other organs such as ears, eyes, nose and throat.
prevents Eye disorders
- night blindness, low vision and etc is avoided by regulating the eye works in order to maintain the view the appropriate eye.
Reduces bad effects of alcohol intoxication
- is a better home remedy to reduce the effects of alcohol intoxication and provides quick relief.
prevents various problems
- Chhuhara contains polyphenolic antioxidants called tannins that is anti-inflammatory, anti-infective and anti-hemorrhagic in nature thus preventing various infections, inflammation and excessive bleeding.
Maintains the vision of the eyes
- Vitamin A is found that has antioxidant properties and good for eye vision therefore prevents the body of eye disorders and aging first macular degeneration including age-related.
prevents free radicals
- contains some antioxidants and powerful flavonoids, such as beta-carotene, lutein and zea-xanthine have a strong capacity to protect body cells from the damaging side effects of free radicals.
Protects from cancer
- provides strong protection against various cancers body organs such as breast, colon, prostate, endometrium, uterus, lung, pancreas, etc.
makes the digestion process easy
- contains adequate amounts of B vitamins, which act as cofactors in many metabolic functions such as digestion of protein, carbohydrates and fat while vitamin K acts as a coagulant factor metabolism of blood and bone.
Reduces the risk of problems per season
- Chhuhara contains all the essential amino acids therefore provides better food for the body and prevents problems seasonal health.
improves the strength of the heart muscles and uterus
- helps improve muscle strength, as the heart muscles, muscles uterus etc.
reduces the risk of many diseases
- High level of magnesium found it reduces the risk of diabetes, osteoporosis, depression , hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases.
prevents long-term disease
- mineral magnesium available in preventing pregnant women, athletes and people undergoing strenuous physical exercises disease long term.
loaded with powerful antioxidants
- has a high concentration of powerful antioxidants such as anthocyanins and carotenoids protects against chronic conditions such as cancer , diabetes, heart disease and neurological diseases, including disease, memory loss and Alzheimer etc.
Prevents form seasonal allergies
- helps in preventing very sensitive to seasonal allergies people, as it contains organic sulfur reducing the sensibility.
regulates blood acidity
- Date contains some alkaline salts that help in regulating the acidity of the blood and prevents gout , inflammation of the gallbladder, kidney stones, hypertension, batteries, etc.
nutritional Benefits of dates / Chhuhara / Khajur per 100 g
(Source: database nutrient USDA)
Energy: 277 kcal
Carbohydrates: 74.97 g
Sugar: 63.35 g
Water: 20.53 g
Protein: 1.81 g
Total fat: 0.15 g
monounsaturated fat: 0.036 g
polyunsaturated fat: 0.019 g
saturated Fat: 0.032 g
dietary fiber: 6.7g
folate: 15 g
Niacin 1.610 mg
pantothenic acid: 0.805 mg
pyridoxine: 0.249 mg
Riboflavin: 0.060 mg
Thiamine: 0.050 mg
Vitamin A: 149 IU
Vitamin K 2.7 mg
Vitamin C: 0.4 mg
Vitamin E: 0.05 mg
Sodium: 1 mg
Potassium: 696 mg
Calcium: 64 mg
Copper: 0.362 mg
Iron: 0.90 mg
Magnesium: 54 mg
Manganese 0.296 mg
Phosphorus: 62 mg
Zinc: 0.44 mg
beta-carotene: 89 mg
lutein-zeaxanthin: 23 g
How to select and store
Date or Chhuhara is widely available on the market in a container full of all year. Select, fresh dates, soft colors dark skin and heavy weight packaged in airtight container in the market. Avoid buying bruised, unripe, odor or sugar crystals that have hardened on its surface and open package dates from the market. Well dry and ripe dates can be stored at room temperature for months if placed in the container air seal dry, cool place. Avoid placing near dates strongly smelling things like garlic, as it tends to absorb the smell of others. Avoid buying dates with artificial sugar coating and stored using inorganic chemicals.
How to enjoy
Can be enjoyed eating whole dates, chips, dust, soaked, mixed with milk, sprinkled with other recipes with other nuts such as walnuts , cashews, almonds, track, cream cheese, fruit salad, desserts, juices, Jallab (mixture of dates, molasses, water and grape rose) and etc. can be added to homemade breads, muffins, cakes, crackers, cookies, etc.
precautions, side effects and disadvantages
Comer dates need some precautions because of some serious side effects and health disadvantages mentioned below
- dates are high calorie foods that can gain weight if consumed in large quantities therefore should be eaten with care by weight conscious people and heart patients or diabetes.
- Chhuhara Excessive consumption increases the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Some people have fructose intolerance or fructose bad absorption can develop some serious symptoms such as gas formation, bloating, diarrhea, etc.
- Boca must be adequately flushed with water after eating dates to reduce the risk of tooth decay teeth.
- is safe for children and pregnant women, however, should cross to birch pollen hypersensitivity family, it can cause health problems.
How many dates / Chhuhara for lunch one day
Eat dates on a regular basis is good for health, but the best way to be on the edge as overeating can cause serious health problems. Eat three to four dates daily basis is good for normal healthy person however, a person suffering from a health condition should consult your doctor, physician or health care professional to be prevented from side effects.
Additional Tags for this post
lion dates syrup benefits | lion dates syrup side effects | benefits of drinking lion dates syrup | lion dates syrup with hot water | lion dates syrup benefits for irregular periods | lion dates syrup benefits in tamil | lion dates syrup uses | lion dates syrup with milk benefits | lion date syrup side effects | benefits of lion dates syrup | lion date syrup benefits | uses of lion dates syrup | liondates syrup in payangal | what are the benefits of drinking of lion dates syrup | lion dates syrup with milk benefits in tamil |
You May Also Like :