Health Benefits of Beetroot (Chukandar)
About beet / Chukandar
the red beet and Chukandar is also famous by the name of garden beet, beets, red beets, beet gold or commonly as beets in North America. Different varieties of beet are commonly found in Europe, North America and Central America.
can be eaten raw in salads, roasted or boiled and cooked vegetables by mixing oil and vinegar. In Eastern Europe it is taken as a soup as popular dish. While in India, it is eaten as chopped, boiled, baked or spicy marinade beets. pickled beets is also a traditional food in South America.
Part of green leaf beet can also be eaten like spinach. One of the most famous content of beet called Betanins (found in the root) is used as a red food coloring. Eating beets can change the color of urine rose in some people.
ADVANTAGES OF THE BEET / CHUKANDAR
Whenever I was encouraged by my mother and grandmother to add a little beet in my diet because of its variety of beneficial importance. It is a very good natural antidote for anemia, but also improves the physical resistance of the person to work harder. Here I am pointing out all the beneficial aspects of beet and respond well so you should also add some beets in your diet:
controls blood pressure
- beet aid in controlling blood pressure as it is a rich vegetable nitrates (nitrate then converted into nitrites and nitrogen oxides) that relaxes arteries and helps in reducing blood pressure.
prevents the formation of plaque in the arteries
- Eat beets helps regulate in preventing plaque formation and bad cholesterol as it is a plant that has a high amount of soluble fiber and antioxidants as betacyanin (provides color beet) and flavonoids.
Avoid deposition of bad cholesterol
- These antioxidants prevent the deposition of bad cholesterol in the walls of arteries with only reduce oxidation bad cholesterol and therefore protect the heart from potential heart attacks and strokes.
makes bones and teeth strong
- beet or Chukandar is a great source of minerals such as silica, which is very useful in battle against osteoporosis. Silica is an important component necessary for the body to use calcium makes bones and teeth healthy.
keeps blood sugar under control
- Beets also keeps diabetes under control, as the beet is fat free and low in calories, and a medium glycemic index. Due to its average glycemic index that slowly releases the blood sugar and therefore maintains the level of blood sugar normal.
is used to treat anemia
- Eating beets adequately aid in the treatment of anemia, as it is a good source of wealth iron that helps in making the hemagglutinin (part of the blood that carries oxygen and nutrients to body parts).
Increases energy level
- beet increases the resistance of the physical body by increasing energy levels and relieving fatigue because of their nitrate content which dilates the arteries and improve the proper transport of oxygen to the body parts.
improve sexual health
- Beetroot is known as “natural Viagra” because it enhances and improves sexual health and stamina. Since it is rich in nitrates that release nitric oxide in the body and relax the blood vessels, increases blood flow to the genitals. Another aspect is the good source of boron is important for the production of human sex hormone.
- Regular feeding habit beet protects the person from various cancers (such as breast and prostate ) because of its betacyanin content. Betacyanin triggers tumor growth slow.
regularizes bowel movements
- the person away from constipation is maintained causes the normal and regular bowel movements stomach because the fibers soluble high that function as a laxative and has cleansing effect on the colon.
Increases brain power
- Beetroot has the ability to increase brain power and protect from dementia due to its nitrate content which increases the oxygen carrying capacity of blood to parts of the body. Nitrate also liberates nitrite makes better transmission of neural impulses and increases brain power.
protects from Alzheimer’s disease
- The folic acid content also protects from Alzheimer’s disease.
prevents Liver Diseases
- has medicinal effects on the body and prevents liver disorders through detoxification process.
increases antioxidant enzymes Level
- Soluble fibers available beet increase antioxidant enzymes in the body level (glutathione peroxidase), increase the number of leukocytes and maintain healthy intestinal tract.
rich source of essential nutrients
- Its high vitamin and mineral content (such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, fiber, vitamins A , B, C, beta-cyanine, beta carotene, folic acid and etc) is very beneficial for healthy growth and development body for all ages.
relaxes the mind
- Chukandar has Betaine which is very useful in the treatment of depression and tryptophan, which helps relax the mind and it makes a person able to make sense of wellbeing.
acts as a tester stomach acid
- Used as a tester of acid in the stomach in order to test levels stomach acid.
- is high in carbohydrates provides immediate energy for the body.
rich source of phytonutrients
- Phytonutrients (betanina and vulgaxantin) found in beets acts as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxifying agent support.
maintains eye health
- The phytonutrients carotenoids such as lutein and zeaxanthin plays a great role in maintaining health the eyes.
- Betanin availability beet prevents both the skin and liver of developing tumors, and expelling cancer causing agents.
destroys free radicals
- The antioxidant property of sugarbeet prevents aging by destroying free radicals.
- relief hypochlorhydria, where increases heartburn is provided, due to its high content fiber.
reduces stress and anxiety
- The magnesium content provides immediate relief of muscle tension and therefore reduces stress and the anxiety.
provides relief from menstrual problems
- beets Eating regularly provides relief from menstrual problems, toothaches, headaches, pain back and other problems.
prevents DNA damage
- Beets also prevents damage cells and DNA in the body.
Benefits of beet juice during pregnancy
provides better nutrition baby
- has surprising benefits for pregnant women and their unborn babies, as it is the richest source of folic acid.
prevents baby from spina bifida
- Folic acid is a very necessary for the proper formation of the spinal cord in the baby component and prevents the child spina bifida (congenital disorder of the spinal cord).
Booster Energy mother
- Beetroot is also an energy booster helps the mother, providing essential additional energy during pregnancy.
Benefits of beet juice
Instant Energy Booster
- Drinking beet juice daily basis drives the actions of the body and increases muscle strength during exercises due to its magnesium, potassium, iron, vitamins C, a, B6 and folic acid content.
Saves the healthy liver
- Beet juice is known as the food of liver protection, as it has medicinal effect on the liver.
improves blood flow
- Beet juice is rich in antioxidants and nitrates that improve blood flow throughout the body like the heart , brain, muscles and etc.
Protects from heart disease
- Taking beet juice regularly normalizes blood pressure and prevents many diseases of the heart.
- One or two cups of beet juice a day is enough to get a normal blood pressure.
preventing the deposition of calcium in the body
- oxalic acid crude found in beet juice helps to remove deposits calcium from the body and provides relieve arthritis, varicose veins, kidney stones, etc.
Slows Age Related Problems
- beet juice helps stimulate the body’s immune system and fight inflammation. Protects all related degeneration with age.
provides relief from fever
- Beet juice also provides relief from glandular fever (or infection by Epstein Barr) .
Benefits of beet for the loss of Wight
- Its content fibers and low calorie high help a lot of weight loss strategy. Prevents a person from being obese and overweight.
Benefits of beet for the skin
maintains the health of the skin
- Beets they have incredible benefits for the skin, providing all essential nutrients for the body, which helps maintain healthy skin.
cures skin problems
- Have beet juice cure usually inflammation of the skin such as acne, pimples and boils.
acts as a blood purifier
- works great as a blood purifier and clean toxins from the body and providing a healthy glow to the skin of the face. the direct application of its juice on the skin removes dead cells and leaves skin hydrated and elastic.
makes the skin soft and wrinkle-free skin
- Its powerful antioxidant property it protects the skin against premature aging by disabling radicals free. Protects skin from getting wrinkles and fine lines.
prevents the skin Sun Burn
- Lycopene is found in beets makes the skin elastic and protects from sunburn and cancer skin.
- Beet juice removes dark spots on the skin when applied with mitti Multani and provides the skin with a clear complexion .
Benefits of beet for hair
promotes healthy hair growth
- Beets has all the nutrients needed for healthy hair growth such as proteins, carbohydrates, minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus and vitamins like B and C.
Relieves scalp that itchy and dry
- application of beet juice provides relief from itching of the scalp and dryness due to its anti-pruritic property. The enzyme found in beet destroys dead cells, dandruff, psoriasis and moisturizes the scalp.
Provides natural hair tones
- Application of beet juice with henna on the hair provides natural shades of reddish brown.
improves blood circulation to hair follicles
- The carotenoid content improve hair quality, thicken your hair and provide shine to the hair by improving blood circulation and nourish the hair follicles.
Nutritional Benefits of Raw / Chukandar beet 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
Energy: 45 cal
Carbohydrates: 9.56 g
Protein: 1.61 g
Fat: 0.17 g
dietary fiber: 2.80 g
Sugars: 7.96 g
folate: 109 g
Thiamine: 0.031 mg
Riboflavin : 0.057 mg
Niacin 0.334 mg
pantothenic acid: 0.155 mg
pyridoxine: 0.067 mg
Vitamin A: 33 IU
Vitamin C: 4.9 mg
Vitamin E: 0.04 mg
Vitamin K 0.2 mg
Sodium: 78 mg
Potassium: 325 mg
Calcium: 16 mg
Copper: 0,075 mg
Iron 0.80 mg
Magnesium: 23 mg
Phosphorus: 38 mg
Manganese 0.329 mg
Zinc 0.35 mg
Carotene-SS: 20 g
Betaine: 128.7 mg
How to select and store beet
Buy firm, smooth and beet red-purple color in the market color. Buy with green leaves attached makes it easy to store it for three or four days at room temperature. Leafless can be stored frozen for some weeks to maintain its flavor and texture.
disadvantages and side effects of beet
- High levels of homocysteine have detrimental effect on blood vessels therefore can lead to disease heart, stroke or other peripheral vascular diseases.
- High level of betanina in the body can change the color of urine and stool red. It may seem that hematuria (meaning the appearance of blood in the urine).
- oxalate As beet has so prevents the person who has kidney stones or bile duct stones.
- beet juice Chukandar acts as a good laxative and diuretic, which can cause some intestinal or stomach problems.
- Having large amount of beet juice can lower blood pressure greatly and cause fainting and weakness.
- Drinking beet juice should be avoided by patients suffering from hypertension or urolithiasis.
- Taking beet juice concentrate can cause diarrhea.
- Beet juice has some allergic side effects such as chills, fever, burning sensation and itching, skin rashes and etc, so consult your doctor immediately.
- With the use of beet juice by the pregnant mother or breast period may cause harm to the fetus due to its strong detoxifying effects.
How beet should eat each day
is difficult to say that the amount of beet should be eaten by the person a day. As the amount of lunch one day may vary people need according to your body type and problems exists. Therefore, it is suggested that one should eat in the limit as over eating beets can lead to some serious problems.
You May Also Like :