Health Benefits of Banana (Kela)
About banana / Kela
Banana or Kela is the edible fruit in the India which can be found at any time of year. It is very energetic and safe to eat fruit that can be eaten at any time. There is no fear of infection or headache for washing. It is produced by plants of the genus Musa. It is resizable fruit with soft and rich in starch meat wrapped with covers of colors like yellow, green, red or brown.
The banana is a fruit means parthenocarpic seedless fruit, which is liked by people of all ages. It is very delicious, cheap and one of the great fruits basic element of India. It is the fruit consumed by most people because of its variety of health benefits and nutrition. Adding banana in your daily diet helps keep the body organs that works very well. Keep a bunch of bananas on your desk at work and replenish their stocks each week. It works as good snacks between diets.
BENEFITS OF BANANA / KELA
The banana is a fruit generally loved by all (children, old men or women). It is very cheap and delicious fruit that is found in almost all seasons in abundance in India. It is a healthy fruit that has a lot of benefits for nutritional health are mentioned below:
Benefits banana heart
Normalize operation heart
- Adding a banana for breakfast daily helps in normal functioning of the heart due to its richness in the electrolyte potassium and high in fiber.
regularized Heart Beat
- Potassium is absorbed directly into the bloodstream from the intestinal walls that keep the balance and electricity flow fluid to regulate heart beat.
Maintains blood pressure
- This is a good source of electrolytes such as potassium and magnesium, which helps maintain normal blood pressure and heart function.
rich source of potassium
- A banana a day helps in preventing high blood pressure and protects atherosclerosis, providing 467 mg potassium and sodium 1 mg.
Reduces the risk of stroke
- decreases the risk of stroke in a person due to the presence of a good amount of electrolytes potassium and magnesium.
Reduces bad cholesterol
- The water-soluble fiber known as pectin, psyllium, guar gum and helps reduce cholesterol levels beta-glucan means that LDL cholesterol (also known as cholesterol low density lipoprotein) and regulates the functioning of the heart.
Benefits banana eye
maintains eye health
- Helps maintain normal functioning of the eye due the presence of vitamin a a fat-soluble vitamin, which is very necessary for eye health and normal vision.
rich source of vitamin A
- Vitamin A includes beta-carotene and alpha-carotene, which prevents the membranes of the eyes .
- Women and men need 700 micrograms and 900 micrograms of vitamin A, respectively. A full-sized banana has about 10 micrograms of vitamin A.
Reduces the risk of night blindness
- The daily intake of banana decreases the possibility of night blindness.
reduces eye puffiness
- How to be a rich source of potassium, which helps reduce eye puffiness immediately. Apply mashed banana on your eyes for 15 minutes.
Benefits of Banana for the digestive system
prevents stomach ulcers
- have an antacid effect in the stomach and prevents the stomach ulcers.
Reduces the risk of bowel cancer
- has a compound protease inhibitor which prevents the stomach of harmful bacteria that cause lot of disorders of the stomach or gastrointestinal tract as well as decreases the risk of colon cancer or bowel cancer.
prevents stomach acid
- helps in stimulating cell proliferation and the stomach lining thickens, which functions as a barrier adjacent to the stomach acids.
prevents dehydration during diarrhea
- helps in restoring potassium loss during diarrhea (as it dehydrates the body and electrolyte decreases).
relieves constipation and promotes healthy digestion
- helps relieve constipation and promotes healthy digestion due to its richness in soluble fiber pectin known as hydrocolloid.
stimulates the growth of intestinal flora
- helps stimulate the growth of intestinal bacteria and produce digestive enzymes (increased nutrient absorption) due to its richness in fructooligosacáridos (acts as a prebiotic).
Improves absorption of nutrients
- Bananas are a rich source of short-chain fatty acid which are required by cells of the intestinal tract They lining to stay healthy and improve nutrient absorption.
Reduces Heart Burn
- Eating banana reduces heartburn due to its natural antacid availability.
- helps in healing piles by normalizing normal bowel function.
Benefits banana to prevent premature aging
rich source of antioxidants
- is a rich source of antioxidants such as carotenoids, which functions as a protective agent against chronic disease conditions. It is also a rich source of antioxidant phenolics.
- banana has a property of calming effect and improves mood, because it has made tryptophan that gets converted to serotonin and improve mood.
- banana helps fight depression (tryptophan becomes serotonin that is a good neurotransmitter and makes you happy brain) cure hangovers and nausea of pregnancy and reduces the risk of diabetes, blindness, osteoporosis, etc.
Increases brain power
- Eating bananas brain power increases as the availability of potassium in it helps increase mental alertness and increases brain power.
- prevents aging due to the presence of health promotion antioxidants flavonoid poly-phenolic and zea-xanthin, lutein , beta and alpha-carotene which acts against oxygen-derived free radicals.
- sleep is induced and provides relief from insomnia (sleeplessness) if the banana is eaten times before sleep at night, because it improves the production of the sleep hormone called melatonin.
Benefits of Banana for bones
Improves calcium absorption
- body’s ability is enhanced to absorb more calcium through various mechanisms.
- By increasing the absorption of calcium in the body that helps in the prevention of macular degeneration and build strong bones.
Increases energy level
- He is known as an ideal food that can be consumed immediately after any intense training due to the availability of sugar simple that power quickly and regulate the level of blood sugar.
prevents muscle Cramps
- Eating banana prevents muscle cramps during strenuous workouts and leg cramps at night.
Promotes bone health
- is a fruit high in potassium which helps promote bone health.
Benefits banana skin
prevents free radicals and aging
- Bananas are a good source vitamin C produced collagen (a protein of the skin) and also functions as a potent antioxidant that prevents the body from attack by free radicals and aging. Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) also helps in promoting healthy skin.
relieves itching and inflammation
- Rubbing banana peels reduces itching and swelling of mosquito bites.
maintains the elasticity of the skin
- eating banana feeds daily, hydrates, removes skin wrinkles and maintains the elasticity of the skin.
Relieves cracked heel
- Helps eliminate the cracks of the heels by applying the crushed pulp heels and wash with water after 10 minutes.
is used to treat acne and pimples
- can treat acne and pimples. Rub the banana peel on the affected areas and wash with water.
Relieves skin irritation
- helps relieve itching and irritation caused on the skin due to an insect bite or urticaria if the banana peel rubbed on the affected area.
Remove the wart
- helps in removing a wart (a lump on the skin) if small piece of banana peel it is placed over the wart for some time on a regular basis.
Skin treat psoriasis
- banana peel is a better home remedy and is used to treat psoriasis skin hydrated, fresh and appearance healthy.
BENEFITS OF BANANA diet to lose weight
improves the body’s metabolism and keeps Weight
- banana loaded with natural and carbohydrates that helps energize the body and regularizing the normal intestinal system, improving metabolism thus it keeps the weight dietary fibers.
banana diet reduces weight
- banana diet : Eat two bananas in the morning and drink a glass milk (a, neither cold nor hot normal temperature) just after half an hour. Repeat the same at lunch and dinner too. Do not eat other things throughout the day, if you already feel more hungry, then you can only change to food and take two roti stuffed with onion and simple with a small bowl of salad. And repeat the program tomorrow, because like at dinner. banana diet is very effective for weight watchers and really shows its positive effects at once. It can be taken as an alternative in the week or month ignoring normal daily routine according to the need and requirement of the person, however, does not follow this strategy continuously (more than one day).
Benefits banana during pregnancy
keeps blood pressure during pregnancy
- Bananas are considered as food safe and excellent for all persons in the age group and you can be eaten at any time. It is a good source of potassium, which keeps blood pressure to normal levels during pregnancy.
Keeps nervous system functioning
- remains healthy functioning of the nervous system and kidneys if taken regularly.
Improves Red Blood Cells Formation
- Vitamin B6 is that it increases the formation of red blood cells and neurotransmitters (serotonin) that maintains the state happy mood.
Increases Immune Power
- This is a good antioxidant that makes the immune system powerful thus prevents various diseases, radicals free and cancer.
prevents constipation and depression
- is loaded with dietary fiber that keeps a pregnant woman away from constipation and depression.
Benefits banana between women and men
Relieves menstrual pain
- eating banana It reduces menstrual cramps because it is rich in vitamin B6 which helps in regulating glucose levels in the blood.
Improve male libido
- bananas increases libido and the production of male sex hormones due to being a good source of potassium, magnesium , vitamin B complex, chelating minerals and the bromelain enzyme. It is considered as the symbol of fertility in Hinduism.
improves hemoglobin count
- What’s a good source of iron helps in improving hemoglobin in the blood count so reduce anemia.
reduces hunger pains
- is a fat burning food, as it reduces the feeling of hunger.
Benefits of Banana for Kids
good food supplement
- works as a good food supplement for children with low weight .
Rich source of minerals
- Minerals available in it such as copper (required in the production of red blood cells), magnesium (essential for strong bones) and manganese (functions as a cofactor for the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase) works very well.
easy and safe to consume
- is a high calorie, energetic and solid fruit that can be eaten at any time during a day.
increases the weight
- Eating banana with a glass of milk helps weight gain in children, since the complete combination natural sugars and milk proteins.
Benefits banana hair
ago silky straight hair
- helps to get a silky, smooth hair ( also prevent hair breakage) as a good source of natural oils, potassium, vitamins and carbohydrates.
Makes soft hair
- His wealth of potassium, carbohydrates, vitamins and oils naturally help the hair soft offering natural elasticity to the same.
prevents hair loss
- Regular consumption of bananas help prevent split ends hair, hair loss and break.
- normal hair growth is improved by controlling dandruff and other hair problems.
improves hair condition
- The use of the mask banana hair helps improve the condition of hair dull and provides natural shine.
Other health benefits of bananas
Protects from chronic diseases
- is a rich source provitamin a carotenoids, which protects the body against chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease, certain cancers, diabetes and etc.
Promotes Kidney Health
- Regular consumption of bananas help in promoting the health of the kidneys, prevention of kidney diseases as well as decreases the risk of kidney cancer.
rich source of vitamin B-6
- reduces inflammation, protects against type II diabetes, strengthens the nervous system, helps in weight loss and increased production of white blood cells due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
Rich source of vitamins B
- is recovered quickly from the body of the effects of withdrawal by quitting due to the presence of high levels of B vitamins (B6 and B12), magnesium and potassium, which helps in reducing nicotine.
full of nutrients and minerals
- It is packed with nutrients and minerals that can be given to a person suffering from fever and extreme weakness .
Prevents urinary calcium loss
- urinary calcium loss is avoided because potassium levels increased urine ions.
gives instant shine
- instant and quick shine is given if the banana peel (inside) rubbed with leather shoes or hand bag and wipe with a dry cloth.
Nutritional benefits of bananas per 100 g
(Source: Database USDA Nutrient)
A medium-sized banana has about 120 grams weight.
Energy: 90 calories
Sugar: 12.23 g
Dietary fiber: 2.6g
Carbohydrates: 22.84 g
Fat: 0.33 g
Protein: 1.09 g
thiamine or vitamin B1: 0.031 mg
riboflavin or vitamin B2: 0.073 mg
niacin or vitamin B3: 0.665 mg
pantothenic acid or vitamin B5: 0.334 mg
vitamin B6: 0.4 mg
Vitamin C: 8.7 mg
pyridoxine: 0.367 mg
Vitamin E: 0.10 mg
Vitamin K 0.5 mg
vitamin A: 64 IU
Iron: 0.26 mg
folate or vitamin B9: 20 g
Hill: 9.8 mg
Potassium: 358 mg
Sodium: 1 mg
Magnesium: 27 mg
Manganese: 0.27 mg
Phosphorus: 22 mg
Zinc: 0.15 mg
Fluoride: 2.2 mg
Calcium 5 mg
Copper: 0.078 mg
Selenium 1.0 mg
Alpha carotene: 25 mg
beta carotene: 26 mg
lutein-zeaxanthin: 22 g
selecting and store
Banana is available on the market throughout the year, however, it is available at cheaper during the start of the winter season price. Always select bright yellowish green banana skin intact, bunch of bananas, fresh and heavy banana. Avoid buying bruised bananas with skin, cut, wrinkled skin, black and too soft because they can become infected and cause various health disorders. Fresh banana can be stored at room temperature for 3-4 days if placed in cool, dry place.
How to enjoy
can be enjoyed in many ways, as well ripe banana, banana pulp with milk, milksake, beaten, sliced fruit salad mixed , fruit and cream etc. unripe banana can be enjoyed as cooked vegetables and chips. Ripe banana can be added to the Malpua, sweet pakaude, etc halwa and recipes.
precautions, side effects and disadvantages of banana
- Eat a lot of bananas can lead a person to the premature end. It is quite true that potassium (found in bananas in abundance) is very important for our body organs that work well, but it is also true that taking potassium more than the requirement of the body’s need can lead to our body to heart damage and cardiac arrest. Increased level of potassium in the bloodstream causes hyperkalemia which can lead to cardiac arrest.
- daily requirement of potassium in the human body is 4800mgs while a banana gives us about 400mgs of potassium (necessary for the proper functioning of cells, organs, tissues, conduct electricity, the contraction of skeletal muscle and smooth, normal digestion and etc). Another condition is hypokalemia (low potassium in the blood) can lead to severe illness and discomfort.
- Eating more bananas a day can cause headaches due to the availability of blood vessels to dilate and increase blood flow (brain) amino acid called tyramine and phenyethyamine bananas.
- Tryptophan one of the amino acids found in banana causes drowsiness while switching to serotonin. Magnesium available bananas causes muscle relaxation and then drowsiness effect.
- As the banana is the richest source of vitamin B6, overdose of vitamin B6 toxic effect because of the nerves that lead to nerve damage and numb limbs.
How many bananas to eat per day
The banana is the favorite fruit of all, however, should be eaten in moderation. An average number of bananas you can eat every day are two or three that are sufficient to provide the daily nutritional requirement potassium and other required vitamins, minerals and electrolytes. While eating more bananas a day care should be taken that the increased level of potassium in the bloodstream leads to a rapid and high heart rate.
Additional Tags for this post
Nendran banana health benefits | robusta banana health benefits | karpuravalli banana benefits in tamil | karpooravalli banana benefits in tamil | nendran banana benefits | karpooravalli banana | karpooravalli banana benefits | nendran banana benefits in tamil | karpuravalli banana benefits | latundan banana benefits | Haulage * za Pretoria mail |
You May Also Like :