The ginger plant originated in Southeast Asia, which has yellow flowers and a distinctive aroma. This rhizome of the plant has many uses, one of which is to help treat the common cold. A cold is a respiratory infection caused by different viruses that penetrate the mucosal lining of the nose and throat.
How ginger helps treat cold:
- Ginger is a natural antiviral that helps fight disease and the bacterium that causes the cold.
- Helps stimulate perspiration that cleanses the system and lowers body temperature.
- contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that help boost the immune system.
- acts as an antihistamine and decongestant which helps relieve the symptoms of colds.
- contains chemicals called sesquiterpenes that are used specifically to meet rhinoviruses (the most common family of cold viruses)
- is a natural pain and fever and also a sedative soft.
How to use:
You can use ginger in many ways to get rid of a cold. These are the most common methods.
1. Ginger, lemon and honey tea
- Add a cup of boiling water to the grated ginger and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (to boost the immune system) and a tablespoon of honey (an antibiotic that helps soothe the throat) together and strain the ginger tea in it.
- Shake well to dissolve the honey.
- Drink this tea regularly to help.
- Cut a 3-inch piece fresh ginger.
- Add 1/2 cup of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons honey and 2 cups of boiling water.
- Mix well and then covered with plastic wrap for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink.
You can add any of the ingredients listed below previous solutions for additional benefits.
cinnamon acts as an antiseptic that helps kill the cold virus. It also relieves sore throat and promotes sweating to eliminate the cold and its symptoms.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder to your ginger tea and drink.
Garlic stimulates the immune system and acts as an antiviral that acts against the cold bug.
- Add crushed garlic to tea over and cover with water.
- Let stand for 20 minutes, then strain and drink.
Cayenne relieves sore throat and thins mucus. It also acts as an immune system stimulant.
- Add a pinch of cayenne for tea before soaking.
- can also add cinnamon with pepper.
- Alternatively add a few drops of Tabasco or hot sauce before drinking.
2. Ginger Ale
Ginger ale gives relief from cold and its symptoms. It is one of the best way to settle your stomach, reduces cough and nasal sinuses.
- Add a cup of sugar and ¼ teaspoon of fresh yeast granular bakery to a bottle with a funnel.
- grate 2 tablespoons fresh ginger and mix with the juice of a whole lemon or grapefruit.
- to add this to the bottle along with water.
- puts the lid and shake the bottle to help the process of carbonation.
- Reopen the bottle and fill it with fresh, clean, fresh water.
- shake again and place in a warm place for a maximum of 24 -. 48 hours
- If the bottle is hard to squeeze then place in the refrigerator as the carbonation process is not complete. Use the next day.
- Open the bottle and allow it to go flat.
- pours it into a glass and enjoy it as needed.
- follow this process regularly to get rid of cold symptoms.
3. Ginger with cayenne pepper
- Take a teaspoon of cayenne pepper and mixed with a teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Stir well and sprinkle on socks before use.
- This process helps keep feet warm and you will sweat the toxins to get clear the cold and its symptoms.
4. ginger with honey, lemon
- Take a whole lemon, 8 ounces of small mason jar and a “square Nob 1.5 ginger and honey.
- Cut lemon into slices and grate the ginger and put them in the jar.
- Mix well and add the honey-filled jar.
- Leave for a few hours, have piece of lemon and a teaspoon of honey.
- After using to keep the bottle in the refrigerator for later use.
- to younger children not give 1 year old.
- 10 grams cut into small pieces ginger.
- Boil these pieces of ginger in a cup of water to the boiling point.
- Strain the tea and drink twice daily.
- may include ginger, either raw or cooked form or by drinking tea or tincture form in your diet.
6. Fry the chicken ginger sauce:
- Chicken – 3 ½ pounds
- – sesame oil 2 tablespoons
- groundnut / vegetable / corn / olive oil – 1/4 cup
- finely chopped – 1/2 cup
- finely chopped green onions – 1/2 cup
- salt – 1 teaspoon according to taste
- Place chicken in a broth covered pot filled with enough water to coat chicken.
- Bring to boil and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Then the chicken becomes tender, turn off the heat and let stand the chicken for another 25 minutes.
- wash the chicken with cold water, dry and then rub lightly with sesame oil.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and refrigerate until cold.
- Heat the oil in a pan and then add the ginger and green onions.
- Cook for about 30 seconds, then add the salt.
- Finally, pour the hot sauce over the chicken and then eat cold.
7. ginger soup:
ginger soup helps prevent cold symptoms and. You can try any of the soups combined with ginger as the main ingredient. Here are some recipes.
- unsalted butter – 3 tablespoons
- Carrots – 1 ½ pounds (peeled and thinly sliced)
- white onion – 2 cups (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- vegetable broth (or chicken broth) – 2 cups
- – 2 cups water
- Orange Zest- 3 strips
- scallions – (chopped parsley, dill or fennel to garnish)
- Salt – according to taste
- Melt butter and cook onions and carrots until tender for about 5 -. 8 minutes
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt on top and add the broth, water, ginger and orange peel strips.
- Simmer, cover and cook until the carrots become smoother for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the strips of orange peel.
- Pour soup into a mixer bowl, add salt to taste.
- out of the blender and garnish with chopped chives, parsley or fennel leaves.
- hot drink.
- Regular consumption of soup helps eliminate cold symptoms.
Try these methods to get rid of a cold. Do you have any other resources ginger cold? If so, then share their experience with us.