There are plenty of commercial cold medications available, but its effects are minimal and short-lived, and come with unwanted side effects. Why use those in which you can prevent and treat the common cold to something as safe, simple and effective as garlic? You want to know how it works? Lets take a look.
Garlic helps to treat cold?
Yes, garlic is naturally antiviral and antibacterial. Fights germs that cause the common cold while providing your body with antioxidants it needs to function properly.
- Garlic has antiseptic properties that help the immune system to protect against the cold virus.
- Garlic contains allicin, an antibacterial powerful antioxidant that kills the cold virus.
- Garlic oil is a natural expectorant that breaks the mucus to clear congestion.
- also contains vitamin C, sulfur, selenium, and several other enzymes and minerals that help the body fight the common cold.
- contains antimicrobial, antiviral and antibiotic properties that help treat colds and their symptoms.
Using garlic to treat the common cold
For best results, consume raw garlic, crushed on a daily basis, and regular use of garlic for seasoning cooking. In addition to these two methods, treat recipes and treatments described below.
1. Raw garlic
- Crush a garlic clove and suck like a pill for 15 minutes.
- also eat one or two cloves of fresh garlic every 4 hours.
2. garlic and toasted honey
- Chop the garlic and let it sit for 15 minutes so that the enzymes have time to activate.
- Meanwhile, toast and raw honey to spread on it.
- sprinkle chopped garlic on toast and eat it.
- Eat regularly to avoid cold.
3. Garlic and water
- Mince 2 cloves garlic and stir in a glass of water.
- drink a day to get rid of cold.
4. Garlic Paste and honey
Honey is anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal that helps to fight the cold.
- Pique 7 cloves of garlic.
- Mix with 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Eat 1 teaspoon of this mixture whenever you need relief from cold symptoms.
- Peel garlic cloves and a few add them to a jar.
- Pour honey and let infuse for several days before using.
- store it in the refrigerator and can be used for a year.
- Having 6 cloves and a tablespoon of honey in a day to treat cold.
5. Garlic and orange juice
- Chop the garlic and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Eat a teaspoon.
- immediately drink 1 glass of orange juice freshly squeezed.
- Repeat every night before bedtime.
6. Garlic and tomato
- Chop 3 cloves garlic, ½ onion, 1 stalk celery and 2 tomatoes.
- Put all ingredients in a blender with 1 teaspoon dried basil.
- Blend until smooth and drink.
- Add the chopped garlic honey or apple cider vinegar and let stand for a few minutes.
- Use a tablespoon of this as a dressing.
- Repeat daily to reduce clod.
7. Garlic Tea
- Mince 2 cloves garlic and 1 teaspoon ginger root.
- boil a cup of water and stir in the garlic and ginger.
- reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Strain, add 1 teaspoon of raw honey, and drink.
- Add 3 cloves garlic 3 cups water.
- Boil for a few minutes and the fire goes out.
- Add ½ cup honey and 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice.
- Strain the tea and drink ½ cup of hot tea 3 times a day.
- Drink regularly to get rid of this cold.
8. Garlic Socks
- Pique 3 garlic cloves.
- garlic mixed with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Rub the mixture on the soles of the feet and put socks.
- leave overnight.
9. garlic soup
- Pour 8 cups vegetable or chicken broth in a large pot.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil, 1 head of all peeled and minced garlic cloves, 1 bay leaf, thyme ¼ teaspoon if dry, and a pinch of dried sage.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Add salt to taste.
- Drink this soup 3 times a day.
Garlic shrimp 10.
Method – 1:
- 24 peeled prawns
- peeled and chopped 6 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Season shrimp with salt and black pepper and leave for a few minutes.
- Place a large skillet over high heat.
- Add olive oil and shrimp.
- Saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are half-baked.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and saute 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for a few minutes until completely cooked.
- Add parsley and lemon.
- I have when it is hot.
Method – 2:
- 1¼ pounds of shrimp cooked
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add oil to the pan then add the garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add the lemon juice, salt, parsley and pepper
- mix with shrimp in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to eat
- This process helps cure colds.
Intake of garlic supplements on a regular basis will help prevent the common cold. A study by the University of Maryland Medical Center found that people who took garlic supplements regularly during the season of colds and flu were less likely to suffer from colds, and if they did, their symptoms disappeared faster than those who were not taking garlic. Supplements are available in most pharmacies and grocery stores. Consult a physician before starting his regime garlic in order to determine the appropriate dose for your individual health needs.
Tips and precautions
Although garlic is very safe and very effective, some may experience side effects. Follow these tips to ensure a positive experience.
- When taken in excessive amounts, garlic causes bad breath, body odor, indigestion, and irritation of the mouth.
- Garlic also thins the blood, so avoid taking it with other anticoagulants.
- garlic lowers glucose levels and increases insulin release, which should not be used by those taking drugs that lower blood sugar.
- People who are allergic to onions, leeks, scallions, and also may be allergic to garlic. Use it in very small amounts at first, and if you see signs of an allergic reaction, stop immediately.
- Because garlic increases the risk of bleeding, pregnant women should not use it as a cold remedy.
- Too much garlic cooking can destroy its medicinal properties, so whenever possible, crush or chop and eat it raw.
- drink plenty of water while taking garlic supplements.
- Get enough rest.
- eat a healthy balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
Have you tried any of these methods to treat a common cold with garlic? What worked best for you? Share your experience with us!