enlarged prostate, also called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a disorder that generally affects men 50 years old and greater. BPH is not the same as prostate cancer.
The prostate is a small, muscular gland (in the form of a nut) in the male reproductive system. It surrounds the urethra just below the urinary bladder, and adds fluid to semen to allow sperm motility.
With age, the gland cells begin to multiply, leading to an enlarged prostate. Although the exact cause is unknown, changes in male sex hormones with age may be a factor.
Here are the top 5 home remedies for this problem:
1. Bathroom seat
a contrast bath seat is a soothing and effective for enlarged prostate remedy. The hot bath will help relax the muscles of the pelvis, reduce inflammation and promote healing. On the other hand, the cold bath will relieve pain.
- Fill a tub with warm water and add ½ cup of Epsom salt to it.
- Fill another tub with cold water and add a few drops of lavender essential oil to it.
- First, sit in the tub with hot water to the waist for 3 minutes.
- Then sit in the bathtub with cold water to the waist for 1 minute.
- Do this 2 more times. The last bath should always be in the cold water.
- Enjoy a sitz bath a couple of times each week.
. Note: not follow this remedy if you have acute bacterial prostatitis
Nettle may also reduce symptoms of BPH. The root contains essential bioactive phytochemicals that help reduce prostate tissue. Being a natural diuretic, but also favors the removal of inflammatory debris through urine.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried leaves to a cup of hot water nettle. Let stand for 10 minutes, then strain. Drink this tea 2 or 3 times a day.
- can also take a supplement nettle. The usual amount is 300 mg a day. Always consult a doctor before taking a supplement for the correct dose for your condition.
3. Corn Silk
Corn silk is a time-tested to fight the symptoms of enlarged prostate remedy. It acts as a natural diuretic and even helps relax muscles and urinary lining. This leads to a better urine flow.
- Put silk 6 ears fresh corn in 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for another 10 minutes. Strain and drink up to 3 cups of this tea a day corn silk.
- Another option is to add 15 drops of corn silk extract 1 cup of water and drink a couple of times a day.
4. apple cider vinegar
unprocessed, filtering the apple cider vinegar has astringent properties that help reduce swollen prostates. It also helps weight loss and helps prevent complications of enlarged prostate and urinary tract infections.
- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons, filter cider vinegar raw apple and 1 tablespoon honey in a glass of warm water. Drink twice a day.
- Another option is to add 1 cup apple cider vinegar to a tub of water and soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Enjoy this relaxing bath a couple of times a week.
5. Rye Grass pollen extract
extracts of rye grass pollen are three types of grass pollen – rye, Timothy, and corn . A review of studies published in BJU International found that men who were taking extracts from rye grass pollen reported improvement in their symptoms compared to those taking a placebo.
This supplement appears to be particularly useful in preventing the need to get up at night and use the bathroom. You can also help men urinate more completely, so there is less urine left in the bladder after.