When combined with regular exercise and a healthy and balanced diet, omega-3 fatty acids also help the body burn calories and excess weight. After taking fish oil supplements only for 6 months, some people have experienced noticeable weight loss.
How does it work? Let’s take a look:
How fish oil helps weight loss?
- Fish oil provides the body with healthy fats it needs to function properly but can not produce itself.
- These fats do not become excess body weight. Instead, your body uses to build the outer lipid (fat) layer to protect the cells, allowing them to function properly.
- Fish oil improves metabolism, allowing the body to burn fat faster.
- Fish oil also helps the body to glucose separately from dietary carbohydrates for energy and stores it for later use. Fish oil helps build muscle.
- Fish oil regulates the release of serotonin, a chemical that regulates appetite. Intake of fish oil supplements after meals helps make you feel full longer, allowing you to eat less.
- Fish oil increases sensitivity to insulin, which means your body is less likely to store food as fat.
- Studies have shown that people who work out and take fish oil lost more weight than those doing the same exercise without taking fish oil.
- Omega-3 stimulate enzymes that help burn fat. Combine a regimen of fish oil with exercise (45 minutes a day, 3 days a week), and will increase your metabolism and burn more fat.
- Most people will see a reduction in belly fat and improved insulin health while taking a minimum of 1.5 g of this fish oil per day. However, different people have different amounts of omega-3 in your daily diet, so ask a doctor how much fish oil is best for you.
- Because fish oil improves metabolism, it reduces the risk of metabolic diseases.
- Be sure to properly balance the intake of omega – 3 and omega – 6s. This balance effects how well it burns calories at rest.
- The omega-3 and omega-6 are polyunsaturated fats, which are good for your body. They help reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL), and protect the heart and immune system and reduce inflammation.
- A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that overweight and obese who took 15 g of EPA and DHA daily did lose weight, but the amount of weight lost was not significantly greater than the amount lost by those who took placedbos.
The dose of fish oil supplement to lose weight:
The recommended fish oil containing Omega-3 DHA and EPA dose is 6 grams per day, and most supplement pills contain 1000mgs. Therefore, for optimum weight loss results, start with 6 capsules per day and gradually increase depending on its results and weight loss goals. Remember to take with food, and if you do not like the taste, try to find those flavored with lemon.
Where to buy fish oil?
fish oil supplements are available in grocery stores and online at Amazon.com and Vitamin Shoppe.
How to choose your fish oil supplement?
- For best results, choose a fish oil supplement high quality.
- Make sure the brand is taken contains omega-3 and omega-6 (EPA and DHA), which is highly concentrated.
- Supplements with 750 mg of EPA and DHA per capsule are ideal.
- Also make sure that your brand does not contain pesticides or heavy metals, and ensure that their supplements do not expire.
What to Expect
Research has shown that exercise 3-5 times a week and take 2-3 grams of fish oil a day can help you lose up to 2 pounds in a month. Start with a low dose and slowly increase as recommended by your doctor. The gradual weight loss experience with fish oil is much better for your overall health than the loss of a sudden, drastic weight, so be patient.
Tips, precautions, and other health benefits
Follow these tips to get the most benefit from it.
- Fish oil regulates the release of the hormone cortisol, which degrades the muscles and leads to weight gain and stress.
- For best results, combine fish oil with a meat-centered, nuts, seeds and fresh fruits and vegetables diet.
- avoid sugar and processed grains.
- Do not overuse oil fish.
- Fish oil can interact with anticoagulants, so it is difficult to stop bleeding if you should be injured.
- Some studies show that fish oil reduces the risk of cancer.
- Besides taking fish oil supplements, eating fresh, sustainable fish raised in 2-3 times a week.
- Some people experience some minor side effects, including gas, upset stomach, heartburn, diarrhea, and acid reflux.
- Taking fish oil in small doses at first in order to make sure you are not allergic to it. If you notice rashes or other reactions, consult a doctor immediately.
- For best results, reduce calorie intake, in addition to taking fish oil supplements.
- fish is not recommended Eating too much because they often are contaminated with mercury and other toxins found in the waters where they live.
- However, the American Heart Association recommends cold water fish twice a week, as they contain more Omega – 3 fats, which increase metabolism and burn calories. Omega – 6 fats are found mostly in plant-based oils, poultry, eggs, cereals and grains
- If you are vegetarian, you can get omega – 3 from flaxseed, flaxseed oil, margarine, cereals, algae, canola oil, and milk
- According APA adults do not less than 220 mg each of DHA and EPA per day. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding requires 300 mg of DHA per day. The Institute of Food Nutrition Board of Medicine recommends 1.1 g 1.6 g of omega-3 per day depending on age and gender. Consult a doctor to determine the proper dosage.
- According to the American Cancer Society, taking 7.5 g of fish oil per day decreases the weight loss associated with cancer in some patients.
- When combined with regular exercise and a healthy diet, a regimen of fish oil with speed weight loss.
- Mercury poisoning is especially dangerous for children and women who are pregnant. To avoid this, refrain from consuming rancid oil or mercury-laden fish. Choose a high quality brand that has undergone a molecular distillation.
- Consumption of fish oil too much can actually cause your body to store calories instead of burning them, causing unwanted weight gain. So be sure to take the right dose, which is usually mounted in 1 teaspoon or less.
Have you tried using fish oil to lose weight? Share your experience with us!