People around the world are trying to discover the causes that increase the risk of cancer. This is because millions of people die from this disease each malicious year. This year, more than 1,600,000 new cancer cases is expected. They eventhough the evidence is inconclusive, plastics are still considered carcinogenic, so try to avoid as much as possible in order to prevent cancer.
If you have noticed the triangle with a number on the bottom of each bottle, showing what type of plastic it is and how safe it is to use.
- The bottles have the number 1 on the bottom or also known as PET bottles or PETA, are those who are for single use only. If used more than once, you are exposed to the substance of the EPA. This plasitc may emit a heavy metal called antimony that interferes with hormones. It is very likely that this plastic is carcinogenic.
- HDP or HDPE plastic is marked with number 2 in the triangle and is considered as the good plastic, as this plastic does not emit as much as chemical than other types.
- Number 3, also labeled as PVC or V means that the plastic emits two toxic chemicals that can interfere with hormones. This plastic contains phthalates which are considered carcinogenic and is one of the most commonly used plastics.
- those plastic labeled number 4 also known as LDPE plastic are not harmful since they do not emit chemicals when used as water bottles.
- Another type of security PP plastic is plastic. It is easily distinguishable as it is white or transparent color. PP plastics are commonly used in yogurt cups and bottles.
- The plastic used for the production of coffee cups and fast food packaging releases STIREN which is a carcinogenic chemical.
- This plastic untagged falls into the category of PC. Be sure to avoid this type of plastic, as they may emit harmful BPA a chemical. Unfortunately, this type of plastic used in sports drinks, infant bottles and food containers.
Plastics considered carcinogens
is a fact that many plastics contain compounds that are considered carcinogens, even when the evidence is not yet conclusive.
The three compounds mentioned most carcinogens are:
- Bisphenol A (BPA)
dioxins are emitted during incineration of vaste of plastic, especially PVC, and since they are not present in storage containers of food, which are less likely to have a direct impact on their daily lives.
However, you can contact Dioxin indirectly through food. If you are consuming meat from animals that feed in contaminated areas, which store this compound in their fat, which is then transmitted through consumption. Be sure to avoid eating meat and fish with a higher fat content in order to reduce their exposure to dioxins.
On the other hand, Phthales and BPA are present in the plastics we use every day. In 2011, they were listed as reasonably anticipated carcinogen based on evidence of carcinogenicity in experimental animals conducted.
PVC contains about 95% DEHP. These products may contain from 1% to 40% DEHP. Plasticized PVC is used for shoes, dolls, baby pants, food packaging, curtains, shower, pool liners, rainwear, garden hoses, imitation leather, cloths, toys, etc.
There are many types of cancer are associated with hormonal disorders. Given that BPA is a synthetic estrogen that can affect hormones, it is advisable to avoid exposure to BPA.
Try using plastics properly. Do not heat food in plastic containers containing phthalates or BPA as there is a risk of food contamination. Moreover, the plastic contanct with detergents may trigger the emission of these chemicals.
Which Plastics to avoid?
Try to avoid or be careful when PVC is used, polystyrene plastics and Pete. Identifay can easily according to their labels, the number 6.3 and 1.
These plastics are generally used for:
- PS (polystyrene) :. used in machines, CD boxes, hard packing, vending toys
- PETE (polyethylene terephthalate) beverage bottles and flexible oil
- PVC :. Plastic trays for fruits and sweets and many other uses
- should also be very careful when using products category 7. This is a combination of plastics that have no place in the other categorizations. That is why it is difficult to generalize about the effects of these products since the structure may vary.
Make sure before you buy something in plastic to check the type of plastic to be used in order to make a significant change for your health. Be cautious about using it is very important to your overall health.