Home » General » Find Out if the Mold in Your Home is Toxic! Symptoms and treatments!

Find Out if the Mold in Your Home is Toxic! Symptoms and treatments!

Some molds produce substances that cause allergies especially in sensitive individuals and some molds are capable of producing toxic substances, but the mold itself is not poisonous. The reasons why some molds produce toxins are not completely discovered and what is even more interesting some molds produce toxins that can produce toxins at all. As we have mentioned some molds are safe and some cause medical problems in adults and children in particular those who are sensitive to molds.

Find Out if the Mold in Your Home is Toxic! Symptoms and treatments!

There are three main types mold symptoms can cause:

  • allergic and irritative symptoms
  • toxic symptoms
  • Infections

allergic symptoms

allergies are the most common symptoms. As you inhale mold spores your body reacts and the allergic reaction is caused. This reaction occurs because the immune system’s defense against external particles entering the body.

The person becomes more and more sensitive as he / she spends time around the mold and finally he / she is not able to tolerate even small amount of mold. Consequently, your allergy is becoming more serious.

Symptoms causing mold allergies are:

  • cold or flu like symptoms
  • Cough
  • Sore throat
  • Stuffy
  • Irritated, itchy throat
  • Stuffy
  • the difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
  • itchy nose
  • runny
  • Sneezing
  • sinus headaches
  • wheezing
  • itchy ears
  • congestion sinus
  • Irritated, itchy skin
  • rash, urticaria
  • itchy eyes
  • watery eyes
  • red, bloodshot eyes
  • symptoms of hay fever
  • hair loss, baldness

toxic symptoms toxic mold

There are about 16 types of molds that are dangerous to humans and produce toxic substances known as mycotoxins.

Mycotoxins cause much worse than the allergic reaction symptoms such as damage to internal organs, bleeding, cancer, brain function damaged and in some cases even death. The most dangerous toxic mold Stachybotrys chartarum or is known as the Black toxic mold.

Related Post:  Why You Need More Sun in Your Life

mold infections

Very often, mold spores end up in the lungs of the person and begin to grow there. They can also enter the breast, digestive system or the skin. These mold infections usually avoid attacking healthy people and the elderly or those who are sick with a weakened immune system can not fight off the mold. Sometimes these infections can be lethal.

species of fungi that can attack the immune system of people are Trichoderma, Penicillium and Aspergillus fumigatus marneffei.

Testing for symptoms of mold

Physical examination for symptoms of mold

There are several tests that can help in the discovery of infection molds and are done by allergists. One is by simple physical examination by the doctor who is able to notice the visible symptoms due to allergic reaction caused by mold allergy.

Skin tests for symptoms of mold

skin test is also a very common test for mold allergy. Alergólogo or physician injects droplets of pure allergen skin mold and wait the reaction.

skin test is more reliable than blood tests, although none of them can show all kinds of molds and allergens of all types are not available.

Blood tests for mold symptoms

Blood test is the other option for this test, a blood sample is needed and examined. With this test, the doctor can determine whether antibodies mold found in the blood.

Related Post:  1 Million Children Meditating For World Peace In Thailand

Treatment for symptoms of mold

Avoid mold

The best way to prevent mold allergies is to avoid mold and spores mold as much as possible.

In the presence of mold in your home you should clean it because with its withdrawal and no breath mold spores and mildew and will recover very fast.

But be careful, because even if the mold of mold spores that are not visible can cause an allergic reaction and can cause the growth of new mold is cleaned. That’s why you need to vacuum and cleaned regularly to prevent mold.

Avoiding food mold

If you are allergic to mold may notice that certain foods increase the allergic response. This is because certain foods such as fungi and yeasts contain fungi.

That’s why you should avoid these products and you need to check the food before eating, especially bread, fruit and cheese.

drugs for symptoms of mold

Medications can be used to reduce the allergic reaction and are usually in the form of pills or nasal sprays. However, you should consult your doctor first and strictly adhere to the prescribed therapy. It is necessary to note also that these drugs only relieve symptoms that do not cure or shorten the allergic reaction to mold.

Tips: If you have mold in your home is always advisable to get professional help


  1. http: //blackmold.awardspace. com
  2. http://www.medicinenet.com
  3. http://blackmold.awardspace.com
You May Also Like :
==[Click 2x to CLOSE X]==
Trending Posts!