hiding under the bed ….
that was my solution when I was supposed to take medicine when he was sick as a child. I do not like the taste and my poor parents have to chase me so I took me. Fast forward a lot of years (more than I care to admit) and is a very different story when I have to get my kids to take medicine when they are sick.
really love, and ask him, and wish they could take all the time!
Especially when Elderberry Syrup !
A new take on elderberry
recently, I was doing two of the favorite things of my sons on the same day: syrup elderberry and homemade marshmallows . I had a little extra liquid to make elderberry elderberry syrup and had a great idea.! Marshmallows elderberry
The result was a gift purple, delicious and immune-boosting light that my children love
If you are not familiar with elderberries or can not imagine why you’d want to do marshmallow with them, here are some of the benefits:
- folk remedy for colds and flu
- Many people use in the colder months to protect themselves from diseases
- helps reduce cough, sore throat and rhinorrhea
- natural source of antioxidants and vitamins
- kids love it!
Where to get ingredients:
This recipe requires only a few basic ingredients …
The only unusual ingredient you need to make these is elderberries. I personally buy organic elderberry from a trusted source ( here it is the ones I use ).
In some areas, you can even grow or Wildcraft their own elderberries. Just be sure to use only the berries and to remove small pieces, even the stems and leaves, as these are not beneficial and may be toxic if ingested.
You also need gelatin to help achieve the right texture marshmallows. I use a pasture raised high quality gelatin. For this recipe, the royal jelly is needed (not collagen powder) for their ability to I get here “gel”. -. That is called “beef gelatin” in the green tin
How to make marshmallow elderberry
Many people do not realize that it is super easy to make marshmallows. They will not be artificially rigid and sickeningly sweet is in the store, but they will be better in my opinion.
The only ingredients required are water, gelatin, honey / syrup and in this case, elderberry and optional spices.
elderberry Marshmallows Recipe (immune stimulation and love of children)
] simple marshmallow immune stimulation with a touch of elderberry. These are a favorite child in our house and I love receiving vitamins + an immune boost
Author: Wellness Mama
Recipe type: [19459027Postre]
- Carrying dried berries elderberry, spices (if used) and 2 cups water to boil in a small saucepan. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain elderberries and spices and measure 1 cup of the resulting liquid.
- Put ½ cup liquid in a mixing bowl (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer) and add 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) of powdered gelatin. Mix gently to incorporate and set aside.
- Combine remaining ½ cup liquid and 1 cup honey or maple syrup in a saucepan. Slowly bring the mixture of honey and water to a boil. If you have a cooking thermometer, you want to reach at least 240 degrees. If not, just keep boiling, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes. Remove from the fire.
- Turn the mixer or hand mixer and follow it means added as the honey mixture.
- When add honey mixture is added, turn the mixer to high and mix in a blender for 10-15 minutes or until cream forms stiff consistency of marshmallow cream (must be smooth) peaks.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish inch coconut oil, or line with parchment paper, leaving some on the sides to pull up.
- When marshmallows are beaten, pour into the lined / greased pan and smooth out evenly.
- Let stand at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- Flipping to a cutting board and cut with a well-oiled pizza cutter or knife. Sprinkle with cinnamon and / or coconut sugar if you want to avoid being sticky.
- Store in an airtight container, but not in the refrigerator.
marshmallow never been done? If not-give it a try!