Itchy eyes are actually a symptom of an underlying cause. Despite itchy eyes cause no threat to the eye, they can be a source of irritation and anxiety in patients. It can affect the quality of life day-A- day of a person. itchy eyes is a common problem and it gets worse during the pollen season or in highly – polluted environment. Any unpleasant itching sensation in and around the eyes is considered an itchy eyes. This is a very common condition seen with people who suffer from allergies. To treat itchy eyes, you need to find out the underlying cause of the itching.
causes of itching of the eye
• The pollen allergies are a cause of allergic conjunctivitis that causes redness and itching
• The dry eyes
• asthma, allergic rhinitis and eczema can cause itchy eyes
• contact lenses and poor hygiene during use of contact lenses can induce conjunctivitis and itching
• bacterial infections
• triggers as warm weather and pet dander increases itchy eyes
• sensitivity to certain cosmetics can cause itching
symptoms of itching eyes
the major symptoms of itching eyes are
• continued itching of the eye
• burning sensation in the eye
• watery eyes
• swollen eyelids
• inflammation of the conjunctiva
• eyes and eyelids Red and irritated
• eye discharge
• light sensitivity
usually antihistamine drops are used to relieve itchy eyes caused by allergies. The best method to control eye itching is to avoid the allergens. There are many home remedies available to reduce redness and itching of the eyes caused by different reasons or triggers.
effective home remedies for itchy eyes
The following are some of the effective home remedies that you can follow to get rid of itchy eyes.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is an effective and natural home remedy used to effectively treat itchy eyes.
• Cut open the fresh leaf Aloe Vera plant and extract juice from Aloe Vera. Mix this juice with a teaspoon of honey and half a cup of elderflower tea.
• Flush eyes with this mixture the solution for a minimum of twice a day.
• Repeat this day until the itching eye problem is completely resolved.
2. Vegetable Juice
raw vegetable juices, especially carrot juice and raw spinach juice, are found to be very effective in treating eye problems itching.
• You need to extract fresh carrot juice of one or two carrots and drink this juice twice a day to get rid of itchy eyes.
• You can also extract juice from fresh spinach leaves spinach and drink this juice to get the desired result.
• You can think of combining both carrot and spinach juice and drink twice a day to see effective results.
3. fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek is a natural ingredient that can be used to treat itching problems eyes.
• Soak fenugreek seeds in water for about 8 to 10 hours. Grind the seeds with enough water to make a smooth paste.
• Apply this paste of fenugreek seeds on the eyes and leave it there for 20 minutes.
• Rinse the pasta out of your eyes with cold water.
• Repeat this process twice a day until the complete relief from itching eyes.
4. The raw potatoes
Raw potatoes are an effective home remedy you can think when you have problems with itchy eyes.
• Cut a raw potato into thin slices cleaned. Keep the slices cut in the refrigerator for several minutes.
• Now, once the slices are cooled, remove from the refrigerator and place it over your eyes for about 30 minutes.
• Repeat this process three times a day for better relief for itchy eyes.
5. The cold milk
Milk is considered one of the best home remedies for itchy eyes.
• Take a cotton ball and soak it in a glass of cold milk.
• Now, rub the cotton ball around the eyes.
• You can also place the cotton ball soaked with cold milk in the eyes and use it as a cold compress for instant cooling effect to the eyes. Keep it there in your eyes for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Repeat this process three times a day for effective results and to get rid of itchy eye problem soon.
6. Water and salt
Water and salt are the common home remedies that can be used to treat itchy eyes. This has been in practice for centuries.
• In a cup of pure distilled water add a teaspoon of salt. It is a natural eye wash.
• Boil this natural eye wash until the soil is completely dissolved in the water.
• Allow the water to cool to room temperature and then rinse eyes with this water to get relief from itchy eyes.
• Take two teaspoons of powdered herb goldenseal and mixed with a cup of water.
• Bring water to a boil and use it as a warm compress on your eyes to get effective relief from itching eyes.
• You can also use this solution as eye drops. Add two or three drops of this solution in his eyes three times a day to get relief from itchy eyes.
• It is important to drink plenty of water every day to stay hydrated.
• Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water each day to keep the eyes hydrated. This will help in preventing itchy eyes.
9. Witch Hazel
• witch hazel is an ingredient that works effectively to treat eye problems itching.
• You can use cotton balls soaked hazelnut witch or gauze pad as a cold compress on closed eyes.
• Leave it there for a few minutes. Repeat this remedy three times a day for effective results. The astringent properties of witch hazel help in reducing the swelling of the eyes.
Castor oil 10.
• castor oil is very effective in treating eye problems and is one of the main ingredients found in the eye drops commercial.
• Use a clean dropper and then suck the pure castor oil in dropper cleaned.
• Apply a drop of castor oil in each eye. Repeat this process three to four times a day to reduce inflammation of the eyes and provide a soothing effect on the eyes.
11. Cold compress
For immediate relief from itching and redness of the eye can use a cold compress. The use of tea bags chamomile cold compress will be more effective.
• Soak a cloth in ice water and placed over the eyes
• chamomile tea bags chilled place through the eyes
• Do these remedies 3-4 times a day for quick relief
cucumber provides freshness to the eyes and alleviates eye. Eye irritation is reduced and reduces eye puffiness.
• Wash and clean the cucumber and make thin slices that
• Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes and put on the eyes
• remedy Repeat four to five times a day
13. green tea
green tea has anti-inflammatory properties along with other health benefits. They can be used to get relief from itchy eyes.
• Boil two bags of green tea in a cup of distilled water to make tea for eyewash.
• Allow the preparation to cool and flush eyes using this solution
• Use this to wash the eyes 2-3 times to rinse eyes for symptoms of itchy eyes get decreased
14. the apple cider vinegar
apple cider vinegar has antiseptic and anti bacterial properties owned and thus help combat any eye infection that cause itchy eyes.
• Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one cup of water
• Use this solution to wash the eyes to get relief from itching and irritation
15. Sodium Bicarbonate
solution of sodium bicarbonate can soothe your eyes and help fight infections
• Prepare a solution of baking soda by mixing 1/4 teaspoon baking soda ½ cup water.
• Flush eyes thoroughly with this solution to soothe your eye.