delicious Orange Raspberry Bars Energy
wheat seems to have a bad reputation these days, but its natural state, unrefined grain has a lot of important nutrients. Always try to choose whole wheat products, which have not been refined and stripped of their natural goodness. Whenever we can, we also like to add wheat germ in the mix – the nutrient-rich embryo of the wheat kernel that is removed during the refining process. Packed with important B vitamins, such as folic acid, thiamin and vitamin B6; and the minerals zinc, magnesium and manganese, wheat germ is a super grain that is easily incorporated into baked goods. In this recipe, which replaces some of the flour with the germ, but healthy breakfast bars are also filled with oat fiber, flax seeds and raspberries. Enjoy one with a cup of yogurt for a well-rounded meal morning.
Bars Whole Grain Raspberry Orange Energy
preparation time: 30 minutes
cooking time: 25 minutes
These bars are full of healthy breakfast oat fiber, flax seeds and raspberries. are also filled with wheat germ, the embryo rich in nutrients of the wheat kernel that is removed during the refining process. Enjoy a bar with a cup of yogurt for a healthy meal for the heart in the morning
Cooking oil spray
flour 2 cups wheat
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt butter
2 sticks, cut into 16 pieces and softened
flakes 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup walnut pieces of brown sugar
1/4 cup light
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1/2 cup unsweetened raspberry jam
1/4 cup sugar free jams orange
3/4 cup fresh raspberries
1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F. Line a mold of 13 x 9-inch foil by spreading two sheets of aluminum perpendicular to each other over the pan with extra paper hanging over the edges. Grease the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, wheat germ, granulated sugar and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in 14 tablespoons butter with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture resembles moist sand, about 1½ minutes. cups reserve 1¼ the mixture for the filling and put the rest in the pan. Using the bottom of a measuring cup to press it into an even layer. Bake the crust until the edges begin to brown, about 14-18 minutes.
- Mix the reserved flour mixture with oats, nuts, sugar and brown flax seeds. Add the remaining butter and a pinch of the mixture with your fingers in small groups.
- In a separate bowl, lightly crush the raspberries, raspberry jam, orange marmalade and orange juice together.
- Spread the mixture of orange berries over hot crust and sprinkle the streusel crumbs on top. Bake until golden brown, about 22-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the pan bars. Remove the pan bars, lifting the edges of the sheet. Cut into 24 squares.