Dessert sure is sweet, but that usually comes with a price.
But the dessert can be healthy and satisfying if you pick the right ingredients.
This sugar free home ice recipe is easy to-make and absolutely delicious. In addition, it is very creamy, not even believe it’s vegan!
Homemade Ice Cream Recipe Sugar
chocolate and vanilla have nothing in the richness of the coconut delight.need
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 2 cans of coconut milk with all its organic fat
- a dash of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- Cool milk coconut in the refrigerator overnight.
- Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes. This will give your ice cream a better texture.
- Place the coconut milk in a large glass bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients using a hand mixer at high speed. You can also simply pulse high power mixer until smooth.
- If you have an ice cream machine, prepare the mixture like normal ice cream. If not, it is poured into a large shallow bowl and cover with plastic wrap or wax paper to wrap touches the ice cream. This will prevent ice crystals forming on the top. Freeze for 4 hours, remove from the freezer to beat with a fork every hour.
- Enjoy within a week for best results.
Benefits of Coconut Milk
Coconut milk, as coconut oil contains fatty acids medium chain (MCFAs) that improve mood and fight depression. They work by increasing the antioxidant activity in the brain and adrenal function improved. Also lower serum cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose and corticosterone (a steroid hormone) levels ( 1 ).
Although it is full of fat, coconut actually helps maintain a healthy weight by improving digestion and thyroid function. Better yet, it contains fiber, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals such as iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus to keep your body in optimal shape ( 2 ).
lauric acid one of the most precious compounds in coconut milk, is converted by the body into monolaurin. Monolaurin is an antiviral and antibacterial substance that supports healthy immune function.
What’s more, MCFA are quickly converted by the liver into energy. They are also less likely to be stored as fat.