Coconut oil has many uses! It is widely used in beauty products because it contains healthy fats, caprylic acid, vitamin E, lauric acid, etc. all of which promote healthy skin, hair and nails.
Nail fungus or athlete’s foot is a fungal infection, a fungus can grow under the nail. It starts as a small white or yellow spot, but there has to be treated as soon as possible otherwise it can spread to other parts of the body or cause to lose nails.
Why is coconut oil good for nail fungus?
- Coconut oil is rich in medium-chain fatty acids which helps to work as natural fungicides.
- has an anti-fungal that helps fight the action of fungal membranes property.
- containing lauric acid having antifungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Its moisturizing properties leave you with softer nails.
- caprylic acid contains 8% which is very effective against fungi.
- This oil contains many important nutrients to strengthen nails and cuticles to prevent more fungi.
Using coconut oil for nail fungus:
try some of the following effective methods.
1. Coconut oil
- Take small amount of organic coconut oil, virgin and applied to the nail or the affected foot.
- massage gently for a few minutes and then let it dry naturally.
- Regularize this process 2 to 3 times a day until they disappear completely nail fungus
- The consumption of coconut oil also works well..
- Note: Make sure you wash your hands between each application
- Although the fungus is gone, you can continue to apply the nail to strengthen and add shine.
2. warm coconut oil
- Be sure to wash and dry the affected area thoroughly before starting treatment area.
- heat the coconut oil in a bowl with hot water.
- Applying this hot oil on the affected area and massage for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process. 3 – 6 times a day
3. Coconut oil with oregano oil Ointment
- wash the affected area and keep fingernails short as closely as possible.
- Take 5 parts of coconut oil and 1 part oil of oregano and mix well.
- Apply a small amount of the mixture thoroughly in the infected nail and massage for a few minutes.
- Focusing on areas where skin nails together to prevent the spread of infection.
- If burning occurs, use less oregano oil.
- Allow it to dry naturally before soaking to remove the fungus.
- Repeat twice daily for at least 2 weeks.
- Note :. Do not use undiluted oregano oil
4. Coconut oil dressing
- Spread a small amount of coconut oil to form a liquid.
- a bandage soaked in the liquid for a few minutes.
- Apply this dressing for infected areas.
- Allow it to dry naturally before covering with a sock or a plastic bag to take to bed.
- Replace the bandage every day and keep moisture.
- Make sure the oil is applied penetrates the nail bed.
5. Coconut oil with oregano and other oils
- Take 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil and add 10 drops of oregano oil , tea tree oil, garlic oil, peppermint oil and clove oil. All of which have potent anti-fungal properties.
- Mix well and apply it on your feet or infected nails by massaging for a few minutes.
- Repeat this process 2 -. 4 times a day
6. Coconut oil with cinnamon oil
Cinnamon helps promote blood circulation through nails.
- Take 2 tablespoons coconut oil and mix with a few drops of cinnamon oil.
- Apply this to the infected area.
- let it sit for a few minutes to dry naturally.
- Repeat this process daily.
7. Coconut oil with tea tree oil
These oils contain antimicrobial and antifungal properties helps to cure nail fungus.
- Melt coconut oil to its liquid form and let cool.
- Add 15 drops of tea tree oil and stir well.
- leave in a cool place and apply this to the infected nails every day. 2 – 3 times, especially after showering
- repeat this daily application.
8. Coconut oil with clove oil
- Clove oil has antifungal properties helps to get rid of nail fungus .
- Mix a teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil melted with 2 -. 4 drops of clove oil
- Apply this directly on the affected let it sit for a few minutes area.
- Repeat this application oil regularly 2 to 3 times a day
9. The virgin coconut oil raw ahi
- Take a small amount. sesame and add this to a teaspoon of coconut crude oil.
- Mix well and apply this directly on the nail fungus infected.
- swab gently over clean and dry feet using cotton ball, twice a day.
- regular application yields better results.
These tips will help you have healthy and beautiful nails.
- Only use extra virgin coconut oil.
- Always keep your feet dry and wear clean socks. warm, moist environments are the most favorable for fungi to grow.
- Avoid walking barefoot in public places where fungal infection can easily spread.
- Trim and clean your nails regularly.
- Even if you do not have fungi, applying coconut oil to give beautiful, strong nails!
Do not forget to share their experiences and ideas with us!