Most of us think lips can get dry and cracked only during winters.
But it is not true. The truth is -. Unless you take care of the lips, they can get dry, cracked and scaly any time of year
Because our lips do not contain oil glands, like other parts of our skin it is. Some elements such as dehydration, smoking and licking lips, lip misbehavior, vitamin deficiency, and extreme temperatures can easily make them dry.
Keep lips soft, supple and hydrated is an ongoing battle throughout the year. If left untreated, it can lead to cracks, blisters and bleeding lips.
There are many products lip care available to treat chapped lips. However, you know simple ingredients like coconut oil or honey can treat chapped lips?
Yes, ditch your product lip care purchased in the store and choose coconut oil on it.
Is coconut oil good for dry and cracked lips?
- The minerals present in coconut oil add much moisture to cure dry lips.
- it locks the moisture in the skin that makes the lips look soft and flexible.
- The means fatty acids present in it can help strengthen the lipid layer of the skin.
- contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that deal with any bacterial growth in the cracks of the lips.
- Vitamin E present in it acts as an antioxidant.
- Contains SPF of 3, which protects lips from harmful sun rays.
- The present lauric acid in it alleviates the underlying inflammation and acts as a barrier to prevent further moisture loss.
Using coconut oil for chapped lips?
1) Coconut oil
You can use coconut oil in solid or liquid form for this process.
- apply a small amount of coconut oil on the lips.
- repeated several times a day.
- Before going to bed, a small amount of a small amount to replenish moisture, while you are sleeping.
2) Coconut oil with sea salt
The grainy texture of sea salt helps remove skin flakes of skin. It also handles any bacterial growth in the cracks of the lips.
- Mix 1 teaspoon coconut oil (solid form) and sea salt.
- Apply the mixture on your lips.
- gently massage in circular motions for a few minutes.
- Clean the mixture with a towel and pat dry.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
3) Coconut oil with olive oil and honey
Honey soothes irritation caused by cracking. The fatty acids in olive oil nourish the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, olive oil and 3/4 teaspoon of honey.
- Beat the ingredients and store the mixture in a container of lip balm.
- Apply the mixture several times a day as a shop brought lip balm.
- Alternatively, you can avoid honey if you are allergic to pollen.
4) DIY-Lip Balm with coconut oil
This process results in a perfect alternative for a lip-balm based store-bought and chemistry. Beeswax protects your lips from external factors. Coconut oil moisturizes lips. Honey has a moisture content. Vitamin E neutralizes the effect of free radicals. You can use any essential oil of your choice for a pleasant smell.
- Using a double boiler, melt 1 tablespoon of beeswax and oil grated coconut.
- Once it starts melting add a pinch of honey in it.
- Once all the ingredients are melted, add content capsules of vitamin E 2 in it and a few drops of any essential oil.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- Pour into a bowl and allow to cool and solidify.
- apply on the lips several times a day.
- Note :. Be sure not to apply too much because it can cause greasy your lips
5) DIY Lip Scrub with coconut oil
This scrub helps eliminate flaking skin and accumulated dead skin cells.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and honey, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 5 drops of lemon juice.
- Shake well and apply the mixture on the lips.
- gently massage in a circular motion for a minute.
- Leave for a minute and rinse with water.
- Repeat the procedure 2 times a week.
- You can store the rest of the mixture in the refrigerator for future use.
6) Refreshing Lip Scrub
- Combine 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (solid state), coarse sugar 3 tablespoons, 1 tablespoon honey and 5 drops of oil essential (any of your choice).
- Mix well to incorporate all ingredients well.
- The mixture is poured into a small bowl.
- Take a small amount of scrub and gently on the lips.
- After a minute, rinse with water and dry.
- Repeat wash once in 2 days.
- You can store the brush in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
7) Vanilla Lip Balm with coconut oil
- Using a double boiler, melt 2 tablespoons each of beeswax, shea butter and oil coconut.
- Once the ingredients melt, remove from heat.
- Add 12 drops of vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour into a container and allowed to cool to solidify.
- Apply a small amount of the solution several times a day.
8) DIY Lip Salve
- Using a double boiler, melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil and 1.5 tablespoons of beeswax granules.
- Once melted, remove from heat.
- Add 6 drops of lavender essential oil and 4 drops of geranium essential oil in it.
- stir well and add in lip balm containers.
- let cool to solidify.
- Apply as needed several times a day.
9) Creamsicle Lip Scrub
- Add 3 parts sugar, 1 part coconut oil (liquid) and a pinch of vanilla paste or extract in a container.
- Mix all ingredients well and add 2 -. 3 drops of essential oil of orange wild
- Mix well and pour into a bowl.
- Take a small amount of the mixture and scrub lips with her for a minute.
- rinse with water and dry.
- repeat washing 3 times a week.
- store the remaining mixture in the refrigerator for longer shelf life.
10) Spiced Chai Recipe Balm Clip
- Using a double boiler melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, cocoa butter and beeswax pellets.
- Once melted add 1/4 teaspoon of castor oil and stir well.
- , remove from heat and let stand until warm.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, 4 drops of each of ground cinnamon or cassia, clove powder and ginger powder.
- Mix well and pour into containers.
- Use this mixture as a lip balm daily for several times.
11) Coconut oil with honey
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil and honey
- Apply the mixture on the lips and leaves all night.
- Pouring the morning and dry.
- Repeat daily.
- For additional benefits, add sugar and peppermint oil.
12) Coconut oil for newborn babies or chapped lips
dry and chapped lips can be difficult for small, especially during lactation. This process ensures that your lips remain soft, supple and flexible.
- Take a sterile Q-tip clean.
- immersion in coconut oil (liquid).
- Rub gently in and around your baby’s lips.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Note :. Be sure not to apply any pressure while applying, as it can cause pain and discomfort to the baby
13) Coconut oil with Aloe Vera
- Combine 1 / 2 teaspoon coconut oil, 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel freshly extracted oil and a few drops of vitamin E.
- Apply this mixture several times a day.
14) Coconut oil with rosehip oil seed
- Mix 1/2 – 1 teaspoon coconut oil (liquid) and 1 -. 2 drops of oil rose hip seed
- Apply the mixture on the lips several times a day and especially before going to bed.
Tips and precautions
- Use only compressed coconut oil virgin cold.
- include coconut oil in your daily cooking.
- Be sure to apply coconut oil on the lips before going to bed. Prevents dry lips morning.
- Apply lip balm with SPF before going out in the sun.
- stop licking or sucking on her lips. As saliva dry lips.
- Dehydration in a body was observed for the first time on the lips. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to stay hydrated.
- The dry weather is also a reason for chapped lips so use a humidifier to keep the air to make sure your humidifies home.
- are vitamin, iron, fatty acids and minerals in your diet, either through supplements or food.
- If you are allergic to any product lip care not use it.
- Spicy and acidic foods can irritate lips to avoid eating them until you treat chapped lips.
- Some medications can also cause chapped lips and talk to your doctor to find out about the medicines you take.
- If very painful cracks, swelling or drainage from her lips occur and then consult your doctor as soon as possible.
So this is how coconut oil can help treat chapped lips. We hope to give it a try. If you have questions or suggestions, please write to us in the comments section.