cinnamon spice is best known for its rich flavor and medicinal properties. It can also help you lose weight. Weight loss is defined as reducing total body mass due to loss of fluid, body fat, fat or lean mass.
Cinnamon helps you lose weight?
cinnamon definitely helps with weight because their properties are explained below.
- cinnamon not only helps burn excess fat accumulated in the body, but also prevents its further accumulation.
- Increases body heat therefore speeds up the metabolism.
- reduces cholesterol levels, particularly triglycerides, LDL (bad cholesterol) and total cholesterol and also helps to good cholesterol (HDL) to lose weight.
- regulates sugar levels in the blood by increasing the action of insulin and therefore controls both diabetes and body weight.
- is rich in polyphenols that promotes weight loss in the body and is also effective to lose belly fat.
- contains a compound called mineral chromium which helps control appetite and help you lose weight by stabilizing glucose levels in the blood.
- contains a compound called hydroxycinnamaldehyde that helps fight inflammation and reduce the levels of harmful blood fats.
- suppresses appetite and makes you feel full.
- contains powerful antibacterial properties that help get rid of bad bacteria in the stomach during digestion easier to lose weight.
- contains all the essential vitamins, minerals, fiber, iron, calcium, etc., which helps increase metabolism, boosts the immune system and improves memory.
Taking cinnamon to lose weight:
Regular consumption gives better results for weight loss. You can consume cinnamon in any of these following ways:
1. Cinnamon with water
- Take 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (or 2 sticks cinnamon) and add it to a cup of water.
- Bring to the boil before allowing it to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Empty tea and drink.
- The best time to drink this tea is early in the morning on an empty stomach ie before taking breakfast to speed up metabolism.
2. Sprinkle human consumption
This method is used for people who do not enjoy drinking this cinnamon.
- Take 2 teaspoons cinnamon and sprinkle on foods like chopped apples, apple sauce, chopped banana and oatmeal.
- For best results, sprinkle a little of this powder at breakfast in the morning and at night before going to bed.
- Some ideas are spraying especially fresh whole wheat toast with jam, in sweet potatoes with maple sugar or pieces of fruit.
3. Mix with juice and other foods
- Add a teaspoon or two of Ceylon cinnamon powder to a cup of hot milk, hot chocolate or cappuccino.
- Stir well and drink regularly.
- This can be combined with other natural foods such as honey, ginger, lemon juice, etc.
- You can also add the cinnamon to smoothies and fruit juices.
4. Cinnamon and honey in water
- boil a cup of water for a few minutes and then add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Stir well and simmer for a few minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then strain.
- Now add a tablespoon of honey and mix well.
- Regular consumption of this water early in the morning and before going to bed shows you the best results.
5. Canela with apple and water
- Take 1/2 gallon of filtered water (or pitcher), 2 blocks and a teaspoon cinnamon.
- Peel an apple and cut into pieces quarter inch thick before mashing up.
- Collect the juice and add water with a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Core the second block, but leave the skin on and slice into small pieces.
- add water and mix well.
- cool and enjoy.
- raspberries or fresh lemon, etc. can be added for flavor.
- Note: For best results, drink this morning
6. Cinnamon with banana, oatmeal and milk
- Take a banana, a teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 cup raw oats, 1/2 cup of skim milk, a cup of nonfat plain yogurt, tasteless and low and 1 to 2 tsp white or Brown sugar.
- Mix all the above ingredients (except cinnamon) to make a smoothie.
- Garnish with a pinch of cinnamon powder giving a natural sweetness.
- drink this regularly to lose weight.
7. Ceylon Cinnamon Apple and water
- Take a stick of cinnamon and 1/2 apple.
- apple cut into thin slices, put in a jar and add the cinnamon stick.
- covers about 1/2 and 1/2 of ice water.
- mix well and chill in the fridge.
- This can of water lasts for approximately 24 hours, in the refrigerator.
- drink this regularly to lose weight.
cinnamon diet to lose weight:
The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) states that the average consumption to 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder with meals every day will increase metabolism by 20 times and makes cells more sensitive to insulin in the body fat. This burns more calories and contribute to weight loss and reduces the type -. 2 diabetes
Here are some ways that we can use cinnamon in our diet.
1. The cinnamon toast for breakfast
- Put 2 slices of bread in the toaster.
- When roasted, take a banana and mash mixing 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Apply like butter on toast and enjoy.
2. sweet potato soup for lunch
- Finely chop an onion and some garlic cloves.
- Fry in the oil for a few minutes.
- Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon, sweet potatoes and a pinch of pepper and ginger powder.
- Cook and stir for 3 -. To 5
- Pour 100 ml each of coconut milk and chicken broth.
- Simmer for 6 -. 8 minutes mix well
3. Sweet and Spicy Quinoa for dessert
- Take a spoonful of cinnamon, 75 grams of quinoa, 150 ml of water, 110 ml coconut, 1/2 tablespoon of honey and a handful of chopped nuts (), mixed berries and chopped apple.
- Place of cinnamon and quinoa in a pot and cover with 150 ml of water.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stir well and add 110 ml of coconut and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add honey, chopped nuts, berries, apples on it and mix well.
- Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
How cinnamon should you consume:
According to the National Health Service of the United States, should not take more than a teaspoon (5g) of cinnamon day for 6 weeks or over a shorter period of time. It can be taken for about 5 days with 2 days off in a week and then repeat the cycle. Ceylon cinnamon has a very small amount of coumarin, so can usually double this dose.
pills or tablets cinnamon to lose weight:
cinnamon pills also effective to get rid of the extra pounds of the body to lose weightout changes in diet and significant exercise. The research indicated that consuming 2,000 mg of cinnamon per day lost more weight 300% and 500% more abdominal fat than those who do not.
take 4 tablets each of 500 mg per day to lose weight. It is best to take a pill with breakfast, lunch with two pills and end with dinner. It can cause some side effects to using medications such as blood thinners or hormonal drugs and people suffering from liver disease. Be sure to consult a health care provider.
Here are some simple tips to make the best use of cinnamon:
- consumption 1/2 one teaspoon of cinnamon powder daily basis has been shown to decrease cholesterol levels in the body. You can increase it to 2 teaspoons a day.
- There are three types of cinnamon :. Cassia cinnamon, cinnamon and Ceylon cinnamon Ceylon cinnamon Indonesia, but it is best to take
- Make sure you do not have allergies related to cinnamon.
- Always use a high-quality sweet cinnamon for better results.
- also you have to follow a healthy, balanced diet and regular exercise to lose weight.
- also helps prevent many health ailments like arthritis, toothache, heart disease, diarrhea, infections UTI and bladder, headaches and migraines, flu and cold, improves digestion, prevents bad breath, hair problems, enhances memory and improves cognitive skills.
Follow these precautions to avoid the side effects of cinnamon in your body.
- Consult your doctor if you are using any medicine. It has blood -. Thinning or anticoagulant properties and may interact with some prescription medications
- pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should consult a physician before using.
- When taken in excess, the central nervous system is deleted and has a toxic effect on the liver.
- Taking this spice in the excess amount in any form will cause swelling of the tongue, irritation of the stomach, intestines, skin, mucous membranes or urinary tract, mouth ulcers, dizziness, drowsiness, vomiting and diarrhea. It also reduces the levels of blood sugar and results in blood clotting.
Have you tried any of these methods to lose weight? Or do you know any other way to use cinnamon to lose weight? Please share your experience with us.