I love chia seeds and use them all the time . Chia seeds are mini power stations packing more calcium than milk, more antioxidants than blueberries and more Omega-3 than salmon.
Its texture can take some getting used to, but they are so versatile and are a great protein also filled with many recipes because of its ability to thicken and gel.
(If you want to try some for free, then grab a pound of organic and sustainable chia seeds to thrive Market here!)
What is Chia pudding? It takes minutes to do and has enough protein and nutrients to be a fast, breakfast option in the march.
personally, I love this with some soaked chopped nuts fresh fruit or even chocolate chips for breakfast or a delicious dessert low in sugar.
Chia pudding seed recipe
delicious and the seed of healthy chia pudding filled protein, omega-3, antioxidants and calcium that can be done in less than 5 minutes. Basic recipe here, but see the variations previously
Author :. Wellness Mama
Recipe type: Breakfast
serves 4 servings
- 2 cups coconut milk (homemade or natural)
- ½ cup Chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (or less) maple syrup (or sub any sweetener)
- Optional: powder ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- for Blended / Smooth version :. Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until completely smooth
- Chia seed for all Version: Mix all ingredients except chia seeds in a blender until soft (including any added flavors, fruit or chocolate). Whisk in chia seeds.
- Pour into a bowl or glass jar and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to stop gel. I prefer to do this at night to get ready for a quick breakfast the next day. It is also ideal for morning for a delicious pre-made dessert at night.
Variations Chia Seed Pudding
The beauty of this recipe is that there are dozens of ways to customize dozens. You can change the flavor, texture, sweetener, color and virtually any other part of the recipe and it is almost impossible to spoil. I have included the vanilla Basic coconut chia pudding recipe seed do next, but you can try these variations:
different or less Sweetener
If you can not have or do not want add maple syrup as a sweetener, it can be replaced easily stevia (without blood glucose) or completely out of the sweetener if you like the natural sweetness of coconut and chia.
Stevia can be a very powerful healthy sweetener if you find a good version that has not been bleached or containing added ingredients. My favorite brand is sweet drops and have dozens of choices of flavor . My personal favorite is to use 5 drops of English Toffee Stevia instead of maple syrup in the original recipe.
also could easily substitute dates or bananas in this recipe mixed or honey in the set version of chia seed version. Experiment and see what you like best to your family!
Mix the flavor
I prefer the basic vanilla pudding chia seed, but I’ve always been a person too vanilla ice cream. If vanilla is not your thing, here are some great flavor options you can try:
- chocolate Add cocoa powder 1/4 cup mixed version this recipe and / or add flavor to chocolate stevia
- strawberry : add 1/2 cup fresh to the recipe mixed strawberries. Or, try mixing fresh strawberries in a juice and use as part of the liquid in the whole recipe chia seed
- Chai : Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder and a pinch of cardamom and cloves a chai
- PB & J :. Add 3 tablespoons of each natural peanut or almond butter and jelly or jam of choice. Mix in the recipe if mixed version is used. To change the whole chia seeds, mix the peanut butter and jelly in milk before mixing in seeds
- Pecan Pie :. Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the base and a 1/2 teaspoon almond extract optional prescription. Mix 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts and in the finished pudding
- Matcha :. Add 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder to the mix of bright green chia pudding naturally (great idea for St. Patrick’s Day!).
Blended vs Total Chia seeds
There are two options for the pudding texture chia seeds. I prefer to keep the whole chia seeds because I love its texture, but if you prefer a softer texture that is similar to pudding “regular”, a mixed version may be your preference.
However, this recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make. Here’s the difference:
- For all version of the seeds, leave the set of seeds and whisk the ingredients together. If you are adding flavors (strawberry, PB and J, spices, chocolate, etc.) will have to mix these in the liquid (milk and sweetener) first before beating in chia seeds to keep the taste of being uneven.
- For mixed pudding (smooth), just dump all the ingredients in a high speed mixer and mix until smooth. I prefer to do this with the chocolate or the color choices as simple recipe vanilla will have a grayish color when mixed.
Until the protein
I love to add a little more protein in this recipe, especially if it will be a recipe for breakfast. Add 2-4 tbsp of collagen powder (I use blue-top guy here ). This adds more protein and skin / hair-boosting collagen without changing the taste.
How long can you keep Chia Seed Pudding?
This recipe uses all natural ingredients and is not a processed food. The ideal time to eat is the day after what is for the best flavor. I prefer to do at night to have it ready the next morning.
This delicious pudding disappears so quickly in our house do not know if it will last more than 4 days. I recommend just to make the amount you will eat for a period of 2-3 days for best flavor and freshness.
How chia seeds are used? Share some ideas below and grab a free bag here: