I’ve been experiencing a lot lately with castor oil as a remedy natural beauty. And I use it in my cleaning oil mixture every day, and I’m enjoying the results of using castor oil packs on my skin.
Months ago, a friend mentioned he wanted to castor oil for hair and eyelashes. I was very skeptical because castor oil has a very thick and sticky consistency that could not imagine using the hair. I did some research and discovered that he had been seriously missing out on a simple and very effective remedy traditional beauty …
Castor oil for hair and skin
Castor oil is aging beauty treatment that has been largely replaced over time by beauty products fancier with more ingredients and a price tag larger.
castor oil has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties and high in vitamin E, minerals, protein and Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids beneficial. Their relationship unusually high ricinoleic acid makes it beneficial for the skin and hair.
Indeed, castor oil has traditionally been used topically to acne and other skin conditions, as well as hair loss, rash, and more.
castor oil to regrow natural hair
castor oil can be used on the scalp to help prevent and remedy hair loss and is effective in this for several reasons. It is antibacterial and anti fungal properties make it beneficial against follliculitus infections, dandruff and scalp and ricinoleic acid content helps to increase circulation in the scalp and improve hair growth.
The ricinoleic acid is also said to help balance the pH of the scalp can also help replenish the natural oils from the scalp and undo some of the damage of hair products chemicals aggressive (and it is damaged even from non-poo, due to excess alkalinity). Antioxidants in castor oil also support the keratin in the hair and help hair stronger, softer and less frizzy.
Three times the growth?
There are hundreds of testimonials of people using castor oil to increase hair growth 3-5x the normal rate. A friend of mine was struggling with hair loss after childbirth and even once your hair loss slowed, regrowing hair was difficult.
Hair growth was measured for a month and grew by nearly half an inch. Next month, after using hair treatments castor oil twice a week, his hair had grown almost 2 inches. She tried again the following month and noticed the same result and that her hair was dramatically thicker.
Last year, when he was under extreme stress for a short period of time (finishing my book * ahem *), I noticed increased hair loss. My Hashimoto makes me more susceptible to hair loss when I’m under stress and was worried about my hair loss (vicious circle).
To combat this, I have experimented with treatments natural castor oil, either alone or mixed with other oils and often did this while I was working on my book at night.
I also realized that my hair looked stronger and had no doubt less hair on my brush every day after a few weeks of castor oil treatment. In addition, I began to see small new hairs all around my hairline
random observation :. I split his head open when he was younger, which requires 8 staples in the scalp. When the scar is, I have a patch of super-curly hair falling in a perfect loop, even though the rest of my hair is wavy / right. Castor oil seemed to help softer patch of hair, although it grew at a faster rate than the rest of my hair rhythm.
Now, I have made these hair treatments castor oil a regular part of my weekly routine and often they do at night while wearing my glasses blue blocker and read or watch a movie with my husband.
What kind of castor oil is best?
There are several options for castor oil hair treatments. I prefer to make my own, but there are some pre-made options (this is good I’ve tried in the past).
To mine, castor oil mixed with other hair- healthy oil and herbs to help support health.Unrefined scalp and hexane free castor oil cold pressed preferred.
I already had it in my hand castor oil packs, so I used. Castor oil is very thick and viscous, so I prefer to mix with jojoba and argan oil in a glass dropper bottlefor easy application.
There is a special type of oil called castor oil Jamaican Black Castor has very good reviews. I tried it as well and it seemed to work almost the same as regular castor oil in my hair, but it seems that could provide additional benefits for those with thick or dry hair (my hair is fine / oily).
Using treatments castor oil in the hair
important tips when treatments castor oil in the hair are used:
- Like many things in life , more is not always better, and only a small amount is needed for a hair treatment entire surface. Additional oils are completely optional.
- I do this 1-2x per week.
- I found that this treatment works best on wet hair wet, but no. I keep a spray bottle of water in the bathroom and just sprayed my roots before applying.
- For maximum benefit, leaving the treatment for several hours or overnight. After application, use a shower cap or towel to prevent oil on a piece of furniture or a pillow.
- castor oil extraction can be difficult, especially with natural shampoos. I have found that using a small amount and leaving it overnight will lead to most of the oil absorption into the hair and scalp and make cleaning easier. In fact, I have been able to dry shampoo and wash at times. When I shampoo, I use Basics branch to cut through the oil and then shampoo with natural shampoo ormud shampoo as usual.
- An alternative way is to break an egg and beat until smooth and then massage the egg into the scalp. This helps to break down the oil and add additional nutrients to the hair. It is messy, however, so I recommend doing this in the shower.
- Another way is less cluttered condition hair before entering the shower, massaging the conditioner on the scalp to help eliminate castor oil. Then, shampoo as usual
- NOTE :. With some new oil, grass or product, test a small amount on the inside of the arm to ensure that you do not have a reaction to castor oil. While the reactions are rare, some people notice irritation castor oil.
- have also used this in combination with my serum hair growth with excellent results (I use the serum first to damp hair, then apply the castor oil)
- it is also important nutritional and hormonal support the body with hair loss because it can often be a sign of an internal problem
- NOTE :. I rub a small amount of castor oil on my eyelids at night to help lash growth as well. It is also part of my recipe serum eyelash growth (sharing next week)
Finding the best combination of oils (castor oil or only) will require some experimentation and would love to know what it is found that works best for you. My favorite blend is:
- 3 tablespoons of castor oil
- 1 tablespoon Jajoba oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix ingredients in a dropper bottle dark
- Shake to mix
- Use the dropper to apply on the scalp .. I part my hair just above the ear on one side, add a few drops of castor oil, part again about 1/2 inch of that part, adding more oil, castor oil, and so on until you have coated all my scalp.
- Then, massage for 5 minutes to make sure all scalp and coated to help increase circulation
Source :. healthadviceteam.com