I was first introduced to castor oil as my due date they came with my first child . Like any mother, I was eager to meet my little so I turned to the expansive wisdom that is Google to find ways to accelerate the body’s natural process of entering work.
I found many folk remedies to induce the work I have tried (walking, spicy food, bouncing on a medicine ball, pineapple, dancing, tea raspberry leaf and others).
What is castor oil?
Castor oil comes from the castor bean, a native of India. It is extremely high content of ricinoleic acid, which is believed to be responsible for their health promoting abilities. In fact, once he was called “christe palm” because its leaves resembled Christ’s hands. It is important to note that while the castor oil is said to have health benefits, castor seed itself can be deadly and internal use of castor oil even orders oil caution.
was used in the ancient Japanese art of healing and other ancient cultures:
castor oil (Ricinus communis) has existed for a long time. The Ebers Papyrus, one of the books of the world’s oldest medical text, describes the topical use of castor oil by the ancient Egyptians, and in 1550 BC Similarly, castor oil has been used in India and China for thousands of years. In medieval Europe, the plant was given the name of Palma Christa, because the leaves resemble the human hand. ( source )
While considered “generally regarded as safe” by the FDA and up to one tablespoon per day is considered approved for internal use, can cause extreme digestive upset some people.
is sometimes used internally to induce labor mostly by causing diarrhea havoc in thoughts that this will also stimulate uterine contractions. I chose not to try this and suggest that since there is some evidence that it may increase the chance of baby passes meconium before birth. Sometimes also it used to reduce constipation (again with raging diarrhea).
I like much more than for external use and not use personally internally. It is one of the two oils I use in my daily routine cleaning of oil has greatly improved my skin.
I have recently been researching and experimenting with other use of castor oil, packages castor oil as I work to understand and support my body with my MTHFR mutation .
castor oil exploit the antiinflammatory and stimulate lymph castor oil benefits but use externally. From a 1999 study
With a period of 2 hours minimum therapy, this study found that castor oil packs produce a “significant” temporary increase in cell number T- 11 increased by more than 7 period of one hour after treatment and then returned to normal levels within 24 hours.
“increasing T-11 cells represents an overall boost state specific defense of the body. Lymphocytes actively defend the health of the body by forming antibodies against pathogens and toxins. Lymphocytes T cells originate in the bone marrow and thymus as small lymphocytes that identify and kill viruses, fungi, bacteria and cancer cells. T-11 cell lymphocytes provide a capacity of antibodies essential to maintain strong specific defense system “. ( source )
Castor oil has been said to help improve liver detoxification naturally, support uterine and health ovarian, improve lymphatic circulation and reduce inflammation.
The idea is to keep castor oil on a piece of cloth on the skin for at least an hour with a heat source to stimulate lymph and liver function. Unlike other methods of “detox” that is said to have no negative side effects and there are many stories of people who immediately noticed better sleep, more energy and cleaning the skin symptoms.
there are no conclusive studies on the use of castor oil packs externally ( although there are some preliminary ), but a long history of traditional use in many cultures. There is some evidence that may have a suppressive effect on tumors and a positive effect on arthritis when used externally. Castor oil also provide moments of quiet relaxation, which also has health benefits, so I thought it was worth a try
Castor oil have traditionally been used in various parts of the body: .
- on the right side of the abdomen or around the abdomen, which is thought to help keep the liver and digestive system
- in the joints or muscles tense (not as a substitute for medical care but to accelerate the healing of minor injuries not requiring medical attention)
- in the lower abdomen to relieve menstrual pain and difficulties
Even for external use, I consult with a physician or a naturopath to ensure that this natural resource is acceptable to you. Do not use if pregnant or struggling with a medical condition. I also test any new oil (or any other substance) in a small part of my arm before using in a larger area of the body.
How to make an oil Package castor
Castor oil are easy to make at home and I like them because they force me to be quiet and relax and read a book for at least one hour.
The easiest and least messy option I’ve found is kit castor oil pack from here . Has castor oil, cotton flannel and dirty not wrap around the package that eliminates the need for plastic wrap and mine fugue maintained at all.
How to make a castor oil pack
I recommend carefully preparing the place he will make castor oil pack to avoid clutter. I like to use an old shower curtain, covered with a sheet underneath me, just to make sure nothing stains. I do not usually have to wash the blade, and I just fold and store in the bathroom cabinet for the next use
- Cut a large piece of cotton flannel and fold into three parts to make three layers. My original piece was 20 inches by 10 inches when folded and it was roughly 7 × 10, but yours could be higher or lower, depending on where you will place.
- thoroughly soak (but not completely saturate) flannel in castor oil. The easies way I found to do this was to carefully fold the flannel and place in a mason jar quart size. Then add castor oil around a tablespoon at a time (every 20 minutes or so) to allow time to saturate. Furthermore gently shook the bottle between adding more oil so that the oil can reach all parts of the fabric. Ideally, this should be done the day before it has time to absorb evenly. Saving the bottle as this is where I stay with flannel between uses (which can be used about 30 times)
The use of a castor oil pack :.
- carefully, remove and deployment castor oil soaked cloth.
- While lying on an old towel or sheet, place the fabric in the desired body.
- Cover with plastic wrap (like a plastic garbage bag), or ideally with the wrap around container and place the heating package on top of this. A hot water bottle, heating pad or heating pad rice may be used, but hot water bottles and packages of rice may need to be reheated several times.
- Lie on your back with your feet up (I tend to lie on the floor and rest your feet on the couch), and relax for 30-60 minutes.
- Use this time to practice deep breathing, read a book, meditate or pray (or whatever you find relaxing).
- After the desired time, remove the package and return the flannel to the glass container. Store in refrigerator.
- Use a natural soap or a mixture of baking soda and water to remove any castor oil left on the skin.
- Relax and rest. Be sure to drink enough water and stay hydrated after doing this
Other ways to use castor oil :.
Japanese healing arts:
[19459002aceite] Castor is used externally in three ways. First, castor oil can be applied directly to the skin for dryness, rashes, hives, fungi, infections, boils, furuncles, liver spots (age spots), warts, cancers benign skin, etc. Apply directly castor oil and rub gently in the area for a minute or two. Repeat the application 2 or 3 times a day for a few weeks or up to two months in the case of persistent warts.
Second, the application of castor oil packs can bring significant relief for any type of trauma, sprain or degenerative joint disorder. In the case of a painful joint, apply a compress and secure it with a bandage. Keep the package body continuously and reapply castor oil every 24 hours. For back pain, lying in a castor oil pack for 90 minutes each day for 5 days. (See instructions below.) In severe cases, you may have to repeat this course 3 times over a period of 3 weeks.
Third, the castor oil packs are used for cleaning and regulation of internal organs. For those related to digestion, intestines, liver, lungs and reproductive organs of a series of castor oil packs on the abdomen for 90 minutes a day can have significant effects disorders.
Have you used Ever wonder castor oil?