There are many people who suffer from painful dental abscess. It is caused by a bacterial infection and is shown as a collection of infected material in the gums. The dental abscess may occur due to a variety of reasons and mainly causes pain in the center of the tooth. It is an infection in the root of a tooth or between the gum. It is very painful. The bacteria enter the tooth abscess and multiply rapidly. the infection will spread to the bone that supports the tooth causing the tooth to ache. Bacteria enter the tooth, either through the dental cavity or through chipped or broken tooth. This will make your way to the root, and also causes swelling and inflammation of the root tip.
causes tooth abscess
The following are the causes of tooth abscess.
- Oral hygiene deficient
- Taking diets rich in sugary foods
- cracked or chipped tooth
- consuming sticky food in large quantities
- Increased intake of carbohydrates
- gum disease
- weak immune system
symptoms of dental abscess
the following are some of the common symptoms associated with an abscessed tooth.
- Bad breath
- Difficulty opening the mouth
- ill feeling
- Pain in the infected area to bite something
- difficulty swallowing
- the pain and redness in the gums
- Lack of fluid discharge tasting mouth
- sensitive teeth
- pains unexpected wheels
- inflammation face
- Difficulty opening the mouth
dental abscess should be treated as soon as possible, as it has all the chances to extend their jaws and other areas of your neck and head. It can also cause serious tooth decay if left untreated. Sometimes, it can also lead to life-threatening complications. If you are experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above, then it’s time you took a closer look at your teeth and get treatment for it immediately.
home remedies for tooth abscess
The following are easy and simple home remedies to help you find a solution to how to deal with the problems of dental abscess. These are natural and effective home remedies that will not have side effects at all.
1. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil has antiseptic properties that work wonders in treating toothaches. It will help in the destruction of the bacteria that cause tooth abscess. It is also known for its anti-inflammatory property and thus help reduce the swelling and inflammation of the gums.
Method of application 1
- Take some peppermint oil on your fingertips and slowly apply it on the infected tooth.
- gently massage over the affected area a couple of minutes.
- Enjoy immediate pain relief and also see a reduction in infection when applied regularly.
Method of Application 2
- Take a small cotton ball and soak it in peppermint oil. Apply this oil on the infected area.
- you will experience less pain in the infected tooth.
Method of Application 3
- Take fresh mint leaves. Crush it to extract the juice of mint.
- Apply this juice on the infected for immediate tooth pain relief. You can also crush the mint leaves and apply it directly to the dental abscess.
- Regular application will help reduce toothache and eliminate the infection completely.
2. Clove oil
Clove oil is very effective in treating bacteria. This helps relieve pain from a toothache and also reduces gum disease. Clove oil has antifungal, antiseptic, analgesic and antibacterial properties. It is also rich in antioxidants and nutrients such as manganese, fiber and omega-3 to provide a relief of inflammation and also will get rid of the infection in the mouth.
- Take some clove oil on your finger and brushing your teeth with this clove oil.
- Make sure you give light force when brushing the affected area.
- you can also gently massage the gums with clove oil for a few minutes to get instant relief from toothache and sore gums.
- Place a whole clove between your damaged tooth and cheek. After some time, it can chew the tooth so that releases the juice.
- Let there be juice in the mouth for about 30 minutes or so. You immediate relief from dental abscess will feel pain.
- nail in Ponga (freshly ground) in an empty tea bag and apply it to your affected tooth and gum powder.
- keep it there for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat this two to three times a day until the swelling and pain decreases.
- You can add a few drops of oil of cloves in cheesecloth and apply to the affected teeth and gums.
- keep on parts sore for a few minutes and repeat this process for 5 to 7 times. Immediate relief you will feel pain.
- hydrogen peroxide
- announcement in a tablespoon of clove oil. Mix well and apply this mixture on the tooth abscess and painful gums with a cotton swab.
- Allow this mixture to rest on the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your mouth with water.
- You can repeat this process three to four times a day to reduce pain and inflammation of the teeth.
3. Nail with coconut oil
- In a skillet, add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Heat it and then add teeth crushed 2-3 and fry for one or two minutes over low heat.
- Remove the pan fried garlic in a blender the heat and dust.
- Apply this to the affected tooth and leave it there for half an hour or so. This will help reduce tooth pain due to dental abscess and inflammation of the gums.
4. Nail sesame or mustard oil
- Fry three to four teeth sesame or mustard oil for a couple of minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat and dust in a blender.
- Apply this powder in the affected quickly get rid of for tooth pain and inflammation.
5. Clove oil and olive oil
- Add ¼ teaspoon olive oil in a small bowl and then add 2 to 3 drops of oil pure clove smell to it.
- Mix well. Take a cotton ball and soak it in this oil mixture for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the cotton ball soaked in oil abscessed tooth, either on your side or between the teeth and cheek.
- leave it there as long as possible.
- Repeating this procedure twice a day can help quickly reduce tooth pain and reduce infection.
Garlic is a natural ingredient that help kill bacteria easily. It has potent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help prevent the growth of bacteria because of an abscessed tooth. It is loaded with sulfur compounds, such as allicin that will help in the fight against inflammation and infection.
- Crush one or two pieces of garlic clove and then extract the juice inside.
- Apply this juice with your fingers on the affected tooth.
- Leave it there so it can help relieve pain and infection.
- Chew one or two pieces of garlic clove. If you feel pain remitting slightly, then chew a piece of garlic clove, one after the other until completely get rid of the pain due to dental abscesses.
- can also mix the garlic juice extract with water and rinse your mouth and teeth with this juice. Repeat three to four times a day to feel the decline in tooth pain.
7. Salt water
If you are looking to reduce or minimize the pain very quickly, then the salt is a great remedy. Salt water has anti-inflammatory properties and pain reducing properties that can easily help to reduce pain because of an abscessed tooth. his work on the infection in the tooth will be made and prevent it from spreading throughout the mouth.
- Take a teaspoon of table salt or refined salt or Epsom salt and mixed in a glass of warm water.
- Once the salt dissolves completely, you can rinse your mouth with this water. You need to repeat this process several times a day to get rid of toothaches.
- One thing to remember is that it would be a little painful in the first few washes. Little by little relief from pain and infection will feel.
Turmeric is a natural ingredient that is rich in antibiotic, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is a great remedy to relieve the pain caused due to tooth abscesses and will also help reduce inflammation in the mouth.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon turmeric powder in a glass of warm water to make a solution.
- mouth wash thoroughly and then swish of this solution in the mouth.
- regularly repeat this process for a few days to get relief from infection and tooth pain.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a small bowl and then add enough water to make a paste of turmeric soft.
- Clean the mouth and then apply this paste with your finger on the abscessed tooth and gum.
- you can dip a soft cotton ball in the mixture and then apply it on the affected tooth.
- Repeat this application regularly for a few days until the pain subsides.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder in a teaspoon of oil.
- gently apply this mixture on the gums and infected tooth. Leave it there for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Immediately wash and rinse your mouth. You will experience relief of dental pain and inflammation.
9. Prima Plantain
raw banana is another effective home remedy that will provide the answer on how to treat tooth abscess fast. This will help in reducing tooth pain and its symptoms with reducing inflammation of the gums. It will also get rid of the infection.
- Take some fresh banana leaves and crush them finely.
- Applying these crushed leaves on the affected tooth.
- Let stand in the tooth for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- You will experience a reduction in pain. Now you can remove the toothpaste and rinse mouth thoroughly.
- repeat this procedure several times a day to get relief from inflammation and tooth pain.
10. Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate is an ingredient that will help increase the pH level of saliva to normal levels. Saliva will help the remineralization of teeth and make it more resistant to infection. Sodium bicarbonate is a product of mechanical cleaning very effective for teeth and gums and help in the treatment of dental abscess.
- In a small bowl, add half a teaspoon of baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Now dip a small cotton ball in water and then cover the mixture of baking soda and salt.
- place the cotton ball on the affected or place it between the infected tooth and cheek tooth.
- let it sit there for several hours and repeat this process regularly to eliminate the formation of pus in the gums as well as to completely eliminate the infection.
- Even you can use baking soda directly on the affected for tooth pain relief.
- can also rinse your mouth with a solution of baking soda. This solution is prepared by mixing a teaspoon or an hour and a half teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of warm water.
11. Herbal Tea Bag
Tea is a rich source of tannins that will help in cleaning toxins. It has astringent properties that help in absorbing the pus or toxins. It is very effective and natural to reduce pain home remedy, swelling and inflammation caused by dental abscess.
- with a herbal tea bag and soak it in water to make tea.
- removing the water bag and place it on top of the infected tooth.
- You should leave it there for a few hours or overnight.
- needs to mouth with salt water and a solution of hydrogen peroxide to get rid of the pus that is released in the mouth in the application of the tea bag rinse.
- repeat this process on a regular basis to get rid of dental pain and infection problems.
12. The apple cider vinegar
One of the popular home remedies for treatment of a dental abscess is apple cider vinegar. It is known for its anti-inflammatory and disinfectant properties.
- Take a tablespoon of vinegar organic raw apple cider and pour into the mouth.
- Swish in the mouth for a few minutes and then spit it out completely. Do not swallow.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly afterwards. Repeat this process several times a day to get relief from an abscessed tooth.
- Another way to enjoy relief from toothache due to dental abscess is to add a teaspoon of organic pure vinegar apple cider in a glass of water and drink one in the morning and afternoon all days.
13. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a natural remedy that is effective to kill bacteria, since it has disinfectant properties. It will also help reduce inflammation and pain in the tooth.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide with a tablespoon of warm water. Make sure that mixes well with water.
- Now pour this mixture into the mouth and swish for a few minutes. Spit it out completely. Make sure the liquid comes in contact with dental abscess in the mouth for this treatment to be effective.
- you can even dip a cotton ball in this solution and place it in the infected tooth for a few hours.
- repeat this process regularly for pain relief and to reduce infection.
14. Sesame seeds
Sesame seeds have pain and revive the natural antibacterial properties. It will help in relieving complete dental pain due to an abscessed tooth and also reduce the infection caused by bacteria in the infected tooth.