A vegetarian diet consists mainly of food products of plant origin. Some herbal products can be eaten in raw form and the rest of them can be cooked before consumption. plant foods can be whole wheat grains, legumes, fruits, green leafy vegetables and nuts. Those who survive in the herbal products are called as vegetarians or vegan today. The practice of eating vegetarian diet is called as vegetarianism.
People had previously adopted vegetarianism for ethical reasons such as: saving animals slaughter. Especially in India, which has been called ‘ ahimsa ‘ . About 50% of the population of our country remains vegetarian. Europe has formed a vegetarian society even though the meat is the staple food there. In the current scenario, the immense health benefits of a vegetarian diet have realized deeply. Increasing number of people are switching to vegetarianism.
A vegetarian diet to lose weight can nourish your body with a wide range of nutrients including protein, iron, zinc, calcium, vitamin D, riboflavin, vitamin B12, vitamin A, potassium, acids omega-3 fatty and iodine. Meat and other animal products, become carcinogens or other harmful substances, once cooked. But this is not the case with vegetarian meals. The value of food rather increases and becomes easier to digest after cooking vegetarian food properly. There are many health benefits of a vegetarian diet to lose weight compared with a non-vegetarian.
The vegetarian weight loss diets are sometimes accompanied with dairy products are a great source of calcium. People who follow these diets are called lacto vegetarians. Few people consume eggs in addition to practice vegetarianism. They can be referred to as Ovo vegetarianism. lacto-vegetarians eat eggs a combination of milk, eggs and herbal products. Many other types of vegetarian diets have already exist. Some people may exclude root vegetables from your diet; Some can only feed on whole grains and beans (macrobiotic diet); some can not consume anything except dairy products and so on.
If the vegetarian diet to lose weight is coupled with a better lifestyle then the current generation can achieve the desired health for themselves and it can be followed by future generations. Exercising regularly will also help the cause of maintaining good health.
Those who aspire to lose weight can try the vegetarian diet to lose weight for a small number of days fixed. One can start replacing non-vegetarian meat products gradually with vegetarian supplements. Once the body is acclimated to vegetarian meals, one can strictly adhere to it. The results will be positive; you will definitely lose some weight. Many studies have confirmed that the vegetarian diet for weight loss is successful in reducing excess weight.
If you regularly pursues a vegetarian diet to lose weight, then you will have good health and good shape. Even aging will not add any extra pounds to your belly if a vegetarian diet is followed.
benefits of vegetarian diet to lose weight
vegetarian diet has been heading the lists of meals quite some time because of his few realistic benefits:
under BMI (body mass Index)
a relative proportion derived from the mass and height of a person is called as body mass index. Mathematically, BMI = weight / height. Most people are falling into the inappropriate area ratio of body mass index, which tends toward a high value. This is a pressing problem.
Vegetarian foods have a lower sugar content and low in fat. Therefore, they can certainly be effective in reducing mass or weight. This will lead to a decrease in BMI.
lower levels of saturated fat
Saturated fats are not easily digested and gradually get accumulated in the body, leading to obesity. The sources of monounsaturated fat vegetarian diet supply. These can be easily digested and absorbed by the body. Examples of vegetarian diet containing monounsaturated fats include olive oil, canola oil; soy-based products such as soya mince, soy milk and soy yogurt.
The components of a vegetarian diet are a group of fatty acids, fiber and omega-3. These nutrients are useful in removing cholesterol. The vegetarian diet is highly effective against LDL (low density lipoprotein). Examples of reducing cholesterol vegetarian foods are :. Soy proteins, nuts, oats and barley
less expected but true. The vegetarian diet to lose weight can be a major supplier of antioxidants, which help relax the body and repair broken blood capillaries. This saves a lot of energy, reducing their demand for food and allowing you to maintain an adequate flow of blood in your body. Broccoli, berries and green tea are some vegetables and abundantly available sources of antioxidants.
Lower mortality rates from ischemic heart disease
Ischemic heart disease is blockage of the coronary arteries that supply blood to the heart. This leads to reduced or no blood supply to the heart. Myocardial infarction is the result.
Nuts are an important component of the vegetarian diet and are key in protecting against ischemic heart disease actors.
controls blood pressure
This is certainly a commendable role that vegetarian diets to lose weight do. Antioxidants elements in vegetarian meals help repair the blood capillaries. Therefore, blood can flow properly through the body and the blood pressure is regulated well. Apples, berries and broccoli are rich sources of antioxidants.
Good for type 2 diabetics
Animal fats inhibit the activity of the pancreas and therefore not affected by insulin. As a result, they not metabolized properly and become fat and sugar soon. However, a vegetarian diet stimulates production of insulin by the pancreas. In addition, insulin is completely capable functionality in vegetarian meals. Sugar levels and cholesterol remain in control and type 2 diabetes can be avoided.
Reduces the risk of colon and prostate cancer
Research has shown that vegetarians are 40% lower risk of developing prostate cancer and colon compared with nonvegetarians. Fibers, carotenoids and antioxidant cleanse the colon and preventing supply against infection in the prostate. Whole grains, vegetables, legumes and fruits significantly serve to reduce the risk of prostate and colon cancer. A vegetarian diet is also protection against cerebrovascular diseases or cancers of other body parts. In addition, herbal products may curb chronic diseases being spread to other generations.
Tips to plan vegetarian diet to lose weight:
precious few tips to be followed before adopting a vegetarian diet to lose weight:
1. balanced diet
A word widely used and advised: “balanced diet.” Actually, it is followed by at least the majority of individuals. If we try to understand what a balanced diet is then this common definition is – “in making nutritious foods that provide energy, strength and nourishment to your body so you can carry out activities of daily life, so while it is in a state of good health. ” But if we are being realistic, we know that certainly is not possible to follow a balanced diet at all times. In addition, there is a severe shortage of time today. So they tend to quickly collect the most essential nutrients.
Here are some of the ingredients of a balanced diet that can help in weight loss:
a) Grains and legumes:
oatmeal, bran cereals, rice and wheat bread are some sources of grains. Soy, beans, alfalfa, lentils and peanuts are some vegetable sources. It can consume about 100 kcal of each grain and vegetables in a day. The beans are rich in protein, fiber and carbohydrates. Legumes are rich in protein, iron, potassium, magnesium and vitamin B.
raw or cooked vegetables can be eaten comfortably 3 -4 times a day, as long as the total calorie intake is about 50-50 kcal it maintained. Thick green vegetables are more preferred. Broccoli, spinach, cabbage, kale, cabbage, lettuce are a great source of vitamin A, C and K, folic acid (folate), iron and calcium. These are a healthy vegetarian diet to lose weight.
Fruits have low calorific value and are a tasty way to lose weight. You can choose from a variety of seasonal fruits, and others, depending on their needs and preferences. Apricots, plums and figs are a great source of iron. Walnuts are rich in omega 3 fatty acids apple, blackberry, blueberry and cherry antioxidants provide much needed. Bananas are a great source of potassium. In one day, you can easily have 2-3 servings of fruit without having to worry about weight gain. Fruits can add a wonderful touch to your vegetarian diet to lose weight.
2. Eat at regular intervals
- Proper diet, if not consumed at intervals appropriate time is absolutely useless. If the body is bombarded with too much food at once, then your metabolic rate is definitely going to suffer. It will be difficult to digest food both in the span of normal time. Consequently, the optimum amount of energy can not be generated. Therefore, it is advisable to consume small amounts of food at regular intervals of 2-3 hours. limited amount of food can be quickly and easily digested. This will result in the generation of the maximum energy of the food consumed.
- In addition, if you are loading their bodies with excess amounts of food at one time and then some parts of the food digested slowly or not at all, at a specific time point are digested. The food that is digested slowly or are not digested will get converted into fat and make you gain weight.
- So why let food get fat instead of energy? A little reprogramming your eating habits can do wonders for your body
Water He said to be the elixir of life. Without it, life can not spread later. Quench your thirst is one of the main functions of water, besides ending the excess heat from your body. Also the role of water, especially in digestion, is crucial and can not be replaced with anything else.
- Burning fat will become an impossible process if there is no water in the body, and a faster process if it is providing enough water in our body.
- The residues obtained from burning fat can be dissolved in water and removed outside the body easily.
- drink as much water as possible in one day. It is harmless. A minimum of 10 glasses of water a day are needed to keep your body hydrated and healthy. Water consumption below this level will result in dehydration. You will have a problem digesting food as well. The result is the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Also, if the water is taken after the consumption of fruit and fiber-rich foods, then it helps to better utilization of fiber in the body. There will be a better cleaning of the intestines, making way for faster digestion.
4. The salads green
The salads, especially green and leafy, are the best among all types salad . nutritious salads content is the highest and the calorie content is the lowest. Let’s look at the facts that make green salads able to help in weight loss:
- When green salads eaten instead of fatty foods to fill your stomach, then obviously fewer calories they go into your body. Furthermore, stored fat will be burned in order to meet the energy needs of the body. All of this will work for weight loss.
- green salads are rich in monounsaturated fats. These help in reducing cholesterol levels in the body.
Some useful green salads are as follows:
- The broccoli, bean sprouts and salad of green peas -. High in fiber and antioxidants
- avocado and cucumber with honey and cottage cheese dressing – imparts freshness and helps in smoother blood flow
- spinach and green apple salad. -. Great source of iron and vitamin C, refill with crushed cashews and crunchy salad has
- lettuce and tomato salad -. Vitamin C rich
5. Eat healthy meals between
This is the million dollar question – what are healthy snacks in order to lose weight
snacks should be rich in nutrients and low in fat so you can gain strength and not fat out? Of the same. You can also broil the dish if desired.
Here is the list of some of the choicest morsels that are free of fat and cholesterol lowering
- amazing Shakes : If the weather is hot and then something fresh is always welcome. You can use berries, apples, grapes or other fruit of your choice. Mix it with low-fat milk (shake) or ice (shake) and have a great time. Fruits help boost your metabolism.
- roasted: wheat toast are the most popular among all other grains. Yogurt or sandwich spread on toast, along with some nuts can taste very good.
- Corn and creativity: allegedly Corn has become the universal ingredient for all healthy foods. Make them explode into green salads with salsa sauce or inside envelopes; Even good taste with lentils.
- The chocolate and nuts: The chocolate and nuts have an age old union. The black chocolate helps repair the blood capillaries, which ensures faster absorption of food in the blood. Nuts are rich in content good fat that can lower cholesterol.
6. juices and smoothies
A lot of juices and smoothies has said about the goodness of fruits and vegetables. One of the easiest ways to harness the potential of fruits and vegetables is covertly for juices or smoothies.
Fruits can be associated with a base of soy milk or nonfat milk or yogurt to turn them into smoothies.
Some of the refreshing, low-calorie and free smoothies fat are:
- Watermelon Smoothie: seedless watermelon mix up which is partially soft. Now, add ice and milk or yogurt.
- Mango Smoothie: Mix the mango with ice and milk or yogurt. To improve the flavor you can add more slices of mango.
- Cranberry Smoothie :. Just 136 calories in this shake and lots of antioxidants
- Apple Smoothie :. Rich in citric acid, vitamin C and iron, beaten apple is a great way to cool off, if you have a busy day ahead
Juices are the perfect way to harness the wealth of fruits and vegetables. They are also easily digested. The digestive system also has the opportunity to rest when juices are consumed as part of your meal. As a result, part of the energy of your body is definitely saved and preserved for later use. You will feel less need for food in order to revitalize itself and this is the key idea to shed some weight.
The juice can be completely fruit or vegetable or a mixture of the two, whatever.
Few specific juices that can help you lose weight are:
- juice Granada: provide a lot of Energy. So a little can be saved for later.
- Apple and spinach juice mixed: This refreshing drink completely nourish your body. This drink iron Rick will help you relax and move on.
- beet juice: beet juice is a natural scavenger amazing for your intestines. Additionally, the functionality of a faster assimilation of food in extra calories is provided.
Now that you have all the reasons, you can try the vegetarian diet for a while and see how it works for you. If you do not like, or do not have non-vegetarian delicacies, you can always go back or take a break in the middle of their vegetarian diet.