Gastro reflux disease or acid reflux, is a chronic disorder in which digestive acids stomach regurgitate into the esophagus, causing burning sensations in the chest accompanied by other symptoms of bloating, belching, sore throat, difficulty breathing, snoring. Acid reflux has a number of triggers, including oily fatty and spicy foods, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and many others.
There are plenty of commercial treatments available for heartburn, but its effects are short-lived and come with unwanted side effects. Why spend money on those where you can use a cheap ,, safe and effective treatment is likely already have on hand? Baking soda gets rid of heartburn fast. Let’s take a look at how it works.
Sodium bicarbonate helps acid reflux?
- Sodium bicarbonate neutralizes stomach acids and detoxifies the digestive system to relieve heartburn, indigestion and upset stomach.
- Because it is alkaline, acid / alkaline balance in the digestive system is restored, treat and prevent acid reflux.
- Sodium bicarbonate balances the pH levels in the bloodstream.
Using sodium bicarbonate to treat acid reflux:
Sodium bicarbonate is one of the most effective remedies and can be used in many ways. Follow these methods to relieve acid reflux.
1. Baking soda and water
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it.
- drink regularly to get relief from acid reflux.
- For the fastest relief, use ½ cup water and 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Drink this every time you suffer from acid reflux.
- Do not use this treatment if you are suffering from a continuous acid reflux problem because it increases blood pressure, nausea and inflammation.
2. baking soda with honey
This process helps to reduce the burning sensation and gives relief acid reflux.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of raw honey in a cup of warm water.
- Shake well to completely dissolve the baking soda and drink it.
- Do this every time you have acid reflux.
- Honey relieve the burning sensation.
3. Baking soda with lemon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon Stir and lemon juice freshly squeezed in a cup of warm water.
- Drink this regularly to reduce acid reflux.
4. baking soda with apple cider vinegar
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 2 tablespoons cider vinegar apple, in 200 ml of water.
- stir well and drink two to three times a day on an empty stomach.
- Follow this no more than 5 days.
- To Sever acid reflux, use 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 tablespoons apple cider
- Drink apple cider vinegar solutions through a straw to prevent erosion of tooth enamel.
5. baking soda, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice
- Mix 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon vinegar apple cider and ½ teaspoon lemon juice in a glass of water.
- Drink slowly to get relief from acid reflux.
- drink regularly.
Tips and Precautions:
- When used in excess, sodium bicarbonate can cause gas, bloating, nausea, belching, discomfort and pain.
- Prolonged use of sodium bicarbonate may lead to a neutralization of stomach acid and digestive system malfunction.
- Using sodium bicarbonate treatment for 2 weeks or less.
- Because it contains sodium, sodium bicarbonate treatments can increase blood pressure.
- Take sodium bicarbonate only in recommended doses. Overuse can cause diarrhea.
- not to be confused with baking soda and baking powder.
- Adults should consume no more than 6 glasses of sodium bicarbonate solution in 24 hours, the elderly should use no more than 3, and children under 5 years old should not use them at all.
- sodium bicarbonate solutions work best when taken on an empty stomach or 3 hours after eating.
- While the use of sodium bicarbonate treatments, taking vitamin B, folic acid and chromium supplements.
- Let effervescence extinguished before drinking sodium bicarbonate solutions as it can cause heartburn.
- If you experience unexpected side effects, consult a doctor immediately.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking, and eating fatty or spicy, salty foods.
Have you tried any of these methods for the treatment of heartburn with baking soda? What worked best for you? Share your experience with us!