Acne is a common skin condition that most people will suffer at some point in their lives. It occurs when hair follicles become clogged with dead skin cells, dirt and oil, and appears on the face, neck, chest, shoulders and back.
When acne is gone, it can often leave you with scars. Most acne scars fade on their own, however, this takes a very long time. Baking soda helps accelerate this process and prevents hyperpigmentation.
Sodium bicarbonate helps acne scars?
Sodium bicarbonate has a lot of properties that help in skin care. Here are some reasons why.
- has excellent exfoliating properties that dry the skin by removing dirt, dead skin cells and oil are trapped in the pores.
- balances the pH level of the skin that helps prevent bacteria from forming lumps.
- has anti-inflammatory properties that relieves irritation and red marks from acne scars.
- helps stimulate collagen growth to fill acne scars indented. This helps in shedding skin and stimulates skin growth.
- Help scrapping soft scar tissue layer by layer.
- This effectively dries the oil is trapped in the skin and prevents scarring.
- cleans the pores and helps prevent blemishes and other scars, remove the outer layer of the skin and regenerates a younger layer of new skin cells.
How to use baking soda for acne scars:
1. Sodium Bicarbonate
When baking soda is mixed with water, exhibits several properties that help to clarify many skin problems.
- Mix 2 tablespoons baking soda and 1 tablespoon water to make a paste.
- Apply on face as a facial mask, focusing more on acne affected areas.
- Massage gently for 2 -. 3 minutes in a circular motion
- let dry for 5 -. 10 minutes then rinse thoroughly with warm water
- Repeat this twice a week.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda and water together.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the mixture all over the face.
- focus more on scar affected areas.
- leave it overnight and wash the next morning.
- keep doing this process regularly.
- Apply dry sodium bicarbonate directly on clean and dry scars, acne affected areas.
- Leave for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash properly
- reapply this baking soda regularly to get rid of scars..
2. Baking soda with olive oil
Olive oil has natural anti-oxidant properties, anti – inflammatory, soothing and moisturizing help treat acne scars not only, but all types of scars. When olive oil is mixed with sodium bicarbonate, which helps remove dead skin cells and clears acne scars. moisturizing olive oil nutrients penetrate the skin to deeply moisturize and soften the texture of the skin to reduce acne scars.
- mixture of sodium bicarbonate and olive oil to form a paste.
- Apply scars and massage for 5 -. 7 minutes
- Rinse with warm water.
- follow this process regularly.
- Add few drops of water to a teaspoon of baking soda.
- Rub the baking soda in the affected areas.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry skin.
- Apply a sufficient amount of olive oil for the skin.
- massage for a few minutes and leave overnight.
- wash with water the next morning.
- Repeat this process 3-4 times a day.
3. Baking soda with baking powder
- Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of baking soda and water to make a paste.
- Apply acne scars and leave overnight.
- rinse with warm water the next morning.
- repeat this process regularly.
4. Baking soda with Cleaner
- Mix a little baking soda in your regular cleanser.
- take about 1/2 teaspoon of this cleaner in your hands and apply to the face.
- Massage gently for 30 seconds, concentrating more on oily parts and congested skin.
- Leave for 5 minutes and wash with cold water.
- Pat dry and apply moisturizer.
- This process makes the skin feel tight, but erase the scars effectively.
5. Baking soda with Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has an anti – inflammatory property that helps cure acne scars very quickly. This combinatorial process also prevents excess fat, tightens and moisturizes the skin and makes it soft.
- mixture of baking soda and aloe vera (gel or juice) to form a paste.
- scars Apply on affected skin areas.
- let it sit for a few minutes until dry.
- rinse with tap water and dry skin.
- follow this process regularly to reduce acne scars.
6. Baking soda with hydrogen peroxide
- mixture of sodium bicarbonate and hydrogen peroxide until all the foam disappears.
- Apply this to acne scars.
- Scrub gently for a few minutes before taking a shower.
- Repeat this at least once a week.
- test this process before using it regularly.
7. Baking soda with apple cider vinegar
This process has two parts, you have to follow the masks baking powder one day and then the apple cider vinegar soaks the next.
- mixture of baking soda and water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the scars clean and dry acne.
- Allow to dry naturally and then rinse thoroughly.
- The next day, soak a clean cloth in a solution of apple cider vinegar.
- Add a little water to vinegar if you have sensitive skin.
- Drain the soaked cloth to remove excess vinegar.
- Dab in the face or skin area where scars.
- leave for 20 minutes then rinse with water.
- repeat the same process regularly to get complete relief.
8. Baking soda with lemon juice
Lemon not only dries out pimples, but the acid in the lemon juice bleaches redness caused by acne scars. It has antibacterial, astringent and mild bleaching properties.
- Add 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice 1 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Mix well and apply on acne scars.
- Leave for 5 to 10 minutes to dry
- Wash with tap water and dry skin..
- Apply olive oil for skin and massage for a few minutes.
- Leave a few hours.
- keep doing this process twice a week.
This process is used to treat acne scars not only, but also pimples and cysts. It is also good for people with sensitive skin.
- Mix water, fresh lemon juice and baking soda in a bowl to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on acne scars.
- Let stand for at least 20 minutes. The dough should become hard and crunchy.
- Remove the crispy bit, but be sure not wash.
- you can also cover this with a little concealer to exit.
- repeat the same process regularly.
9. Baking soda with orange juice
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of orange juice and pulp .
- Apply this on the acne scars affected areas.
- rub gently with circular motions for a few minutes.
- Leave for about 15 -. 20 minutes and then rinse with clean water
- Dry skin with a soft towel or clean cloth and apply moisturizer.
- repeat the same process regularly to get rid of acne scars.
10. Baking soda with cinnamon and honey
- Sodium Bicarbonate – 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- honey – 1 tablespoon
- cold water
- Mix baking soda, cinnamon powder and honey together into a fine paste.
- wash your face thoroughly and pat dry.
- Apply this paste of baking soda acne scars as a mask.
- Leave for 15 to 20 minutes and wash with cold water
- Dry skin and apply moisturizer..
- repeating this process twice a week.
11. Baking soda with lemon, tea tree oil and water
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
- tea tree oil – 2 to 3 drops
- Mix baking soda, lemon juice, freshly squeezed juice, water and tea oil to make a pasta.
- Apply this on the entire face as a facial mask, focusing more on areas with acne scars.
- Leave for10 – 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water
- Dry skin and apply moisturizer..
12. Baking soda and honey for acne scars
Honey acts as a natural moisturizer that helps fade scarring and promotes regeneration and rapid healing of the skin. For best results, use raw honey.
- Mix equal amounts of organic honey and baking soda to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected areas of the scar.
- face massage for 3 -. To 5
- Place a warm cloth over pasta for deep and rapid penetration.
- When the fabric cools, use it to clean the baking soda and honey mixture.
- Use this mask process regularly.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of raw, organic honey with 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- spread this acne scars in affected areas.
- Rub gently for a few minutes to eliminate waste and improve collagen.
- Rinse with warm water.
Tips and precautions to be followed while using baking soda for acne scars:
Here are some effective tips and precautions to be followed when using this baking soda to remove acne scars.
- do a test before using baking soda.
- This makes the skin dry. Therefore, it is recommended to use some natural moisturizer after using one of the methods.
- should not vigorously rub the baking soda on the skin.
- For more effective results, use these remedies at night before going to bed as cell regeneration is enhanced at night.
- If you have used lemon juice, always apply sunscreen before going out in the sun.
- Sodium bicarbonate may cause some itching or burning. Wash immediately if this happens.
- The amounts listed here may vary depending on the severity of acne scars.
- Always consult your dermatologist if it is subjected to a treatment for skin care or if anything goes wrong in the process.
Do you know any other method of baking soda to remove acne scars? Feel free to share your experience with us free.
Image Source: Shutterstock