If you’ve always wanted to make soap, but do not feel confident enough to try, this is a great recipe for you. To melt and pour varieties are an easy way to do it without all the measuring and mixing other recipes require.
This is the simplest recipe I have used and the end result is beautiful. The best news is that it only takes a few minutes to make from start to finish. All you need is avocado and cucumber to melt and pour soap and some oats.
- 2 pounds of avocado and cucumber to melt and pour soap (I ordered mine from Amazon.com)
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- microwavable bowl
- Soap mold of your choice
1. Cut the soap into small cubes and place in microwaveable bowl.
2. Heat soap until completely melted, starting with 40 seconds at a time. This will take a few minutes.
3. Once the soap is completely melted, add the oatmeal and mix well. Add essential oils at this time, if you prefer a scented recipe.
4. Pour the mixture into the mold.
5. Allow the mixture to cool, or stick it in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes to accelerate the process.
6. When cool to the touch, gently take the soap from the mold and place it on a hard surface.
7. Carefully cut the soap bars and let set for 24 hours.
After making this recipe, I hope you’ll love to try other projects soap. The purchase of the melt and pour soaps a new world of soap making will open for you. It takes like a pro in no time!
– Leilani Hampton