Time to play kick the can-soda, which is.
In a landmark study 22 published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition involving more than 125,000 people, a significant relationship between dietary intake of aspartame and found the development of leukemia and lymphoma. ( 1 ) These results are consistent with previous studies in animal models
“A recent megaexperiment in 1800 tested rats at doses much lower aspartame than the current acceptable daily intake (ADI) for humans reported a dose dependent in lymphomas, leukemias and renal cell tumors transition increase. ” ( 2 3 )
Broken down, here are the primary results of this mega-study.
- Consuming one 12-ounce can of diet soda per day increased risk of lymphoma and myeloma (cancer of blood plasma), the increasing incidence correlated with intake of aspartame . The risk was much higher in men (which has not been identified why that is the case).
- There is a high risk of lymphoma with increased consumption of non-diet soda in men than in women.
- Annual consumption of aspartame in the United States is estimated at 5000-5500 tons and the most common product in which it is used is diet soda.
- Aspartame (especially liquids) decomposes in asparitic acid, methanol, and phenylalanine; when ingested, methanol is converted to formaldehyde, a known carcinogen.
- Previous studies did not support a relationship between aspartame and cancer were limited in time and scope. This study included a large sample size and the period of scientifically viable and subjects tested at intervals during the study period.
- intake of aspartame as of subjects including added that from packages (such as NutraSweet and Equal) and contributed to the weighting of the results.
- Subjects with increased consumption of diet soda had a rate of consumption of animal protein and higher body mass and were less likely to smoke. (This is very significant: it is known that aspartame contributes to obesity and metabolic syndrome, the result corroborates noted here that the search In addition, this group of drinkers of diet soda did not smoke cigarettes, less smoking as .. a factor contributing to the development of cancer in the study)
This research raises the question: what are we going to find on the effects of aspartame on human health in twenty years, when the generation that grew up with it is in the middle Ages
If this is not enough to get to kick the can to the curb for good (and then recycle it!), Other studies show a direct link between methanol aspartame and neurological disease .
Is anyone surprised?
thirty years, a toxicologist from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) testified before the US Congress on the issue of the safety of aspartame in food:
“… the carcinogenic potential of aspartame is a matter that had been established beyond reasonable doubt … Given the carcinogenic potential aspartame, how would the FDA justify its position that she sees a certain amount of aspartame as constituting an allowable daily intake or certain of that level? it Is that the position in effect amounts to not establish a tolerance for this food additive and so ? much a violation of the law if the FDA itself elects to violate the law, which is to protect the health of the public “Congress Registration SID835: 131 (01/08/85)
However, aspartame is not only legal, it is consumed in thousands of tons per year.
Aspartame poisoning , although not in the table of most doctors, is disturbingly real. It can manifest in symptoms similar to multiple sclerosis, digestive problems, severe muscle pain, headaches, dizziness and blurred vision. These symptoms will diminish if the artificial sweetener is interrupted. The research discussed here shows that sustained exposure has a cumulative effect and there is a point where it becomes life threatening.
Oh, and by the way:. Regular soda is as bad as the diet
high fructose corn syrup (the main sweetener in most carbonated non-diet) causes cancer, heart disease, obesity and dementia, too.
If you need a sweet drink, try fruit-flavored water infusion of and mix maple syrup honey or with water or soda (true mineral water containing only water and sodium bicarbonate). If you want to push caffeine, drink coffee black tea matcha , or mate. But of course, leave the murderer soda habit.