Most adults suffer from the issue of hair loss due to dandruff. Actually, dandruff is a chronic skin condition that affects the scalp. The person suffering often get the hair dry, flaky and itchy scalp. This condition can affect the scalp throughout the year, but aggravated during the fall and winter.
There are many OTC medications available in the market that promise to cure this condition of the scalp, but these medications contain chemicals that can damage the scalp if we use it for a longer period of time. On the other hand, there are also many home remedies that are made with natural ingredients for the treatment of dandruff. These home remedies for dandruff are not only free of chemicals, but also safe for use on the scalp.
Apple cider vinegar helps treat dandruff
Of all these natural ingredients available to get rid of dandruff issue, apple cider vinegar works best. But here, a question comes to mind and that is – what makes apple cider vinegar as useful for treating dandruff? We’ll see!
Antibacterial: apple cider vinegar is loaded with natural probiotic, which makes it antibacterial and anti-inflammatory in nature. So use kills bacteria and fungi that cause dandruff. It also prevents the recurrence of dandruff problems.
Anti-inflammatory: The anti-inflammatory properties of apple cider vinegar soothe the irritated scalp that is caused due to dandruff. It also reduces inflammation of the scalp.
Restores the moisture level: The acid content of vinegar apple cider restores the moisture content of the scalp, which in turn controls the growth of fungus on the scalp. Its acid content also maintains the pH balance of the skin, so its use eliminates the accumulation of the scalp without removing the natural oil.
No chemicals: Apple cider vinegar is free of chemicals. Therefore, regular use will not cause any damage to the scalp and at the same time will cure dandruff problem effectively.
Opens clogged hair follicles Apart from all these above mentioned properties that fight dandruff, apple cider vinegar also contains several enzymes that open clogged hair follicles. This process, in turn, causes the scalp healthy and keeps dandruff at bay.
What are the best ways to use apple cider vinegar for dandruff
There are many home remedies that are prepared using this super effective ACV to treat dandruff problem. Let’s explore them!
1. Application ACV on the scalp
This is one of the easiest to use apple cider vinegar to treat dandruff ways.
- – ACV as per the requirement
- cotton ball – 1
- a hot towel
- Taking apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. The amount depends on the thickness of your hair.
- Soak the cotton ball in the ACV.
- Now make small partitions of your hair and apply the stroke that covers the entire scalp.
- gently massage the scalp for a few minutes.
- Wrap the hair and head with hot water to open the pores in the scalp towel.
- leave for 1 hour, then rinse hair with warm water.
- follow this method, at least twice a week for one month to get rid of dandruff.
. Note: Do not use shampoo after applying apple cider vinegar to your scalp
2. Water stroke and dandruff
this is another useful to get rid of dandruff easily and without any side effects remedy.
- hot cup water ½
- – ACV ½ cup
- A Spray Bottle
- A shower
- In a medium bowl, take hot water.
- ACV Now add water and stir.
- ACV mixture is poured into the spray bottle.
- Small partitions of your hair and spray the mixture of stroke in the entire scalp and hair.
- wrap a shower cap on his head and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.
- rinse hair with warm water.
- Use this remedy once a week until your dandruff disappears completely.
Note: Do not wash your hair after using ACV. Also, if your skin is sensitive, then apply it first on a small area of the skin. If not irritate the scalp, you can go ahead with the remedy.
3. ACV and mint leaves
This remedy is more effective in treating dandruff, because it also contains the curing properties of mint dandruff. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory mint leaves reduce the itching of the scalp that is caused due to dandruff properties. Its use is kept at bay dandruff.
- – ACV 1 cup
- mint leaves – 5-7
- Water – 1 cup
- Take 1 cup of water in a pot and boil for a few minutes on a low flame.
- Outside the flame and add the mint leaves and stroke it.
- Leave for at least two hours to steep properly.
- strain and pour into a spray bottle.
- Spray this mixture on the hair and massage gently for 5 minutes.
- rinse hair with warm water.
- use this resource every day to get rid of dandruff completely.
4. stroke and essential oil mixture
This remedy has the goodness of lemongrass, rosemary and lavender. Rich in antifungal and antibacterial properties, lemongrass oil helps treat dandruff effectively. It also kills the fungus that causes dandruff on the scalp. Romero, who belongs to the mint family also helps treat dandruff, as loaded with anti-fungal properties. Like lemongrass and rosemary, lavender is also a rich source of antifungal and antibacterial properties that help treat dandruff problem correctly.
- – ACV ½ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Rosemary Essential Oil – a few drops
- Lavender Essential Oil – a few drops
- lemongrass essential oil – a few drops
- in a medium bowl, take the water and mix ACV on it.
- Add all essential oils and stir it thoroughly.
- Wash your hair and then with the help of a cotton apply the mixture on the scalp by small partitions of your hair.
- massage your scalp for a few minutes and then leave until the mixture is dry completely.
- rinse hair with water.
- repeat this process once a week to treat dandruff problem successfully.
5. ACV and yogurt
Yogurt contains a good amount of protein and vitamin B5, which is very beneficial for the scalp and hair health. In addition, antibacterial agents treat their dandruff problem while reducing irritation of the scalp of dandruff affected.
- – ACV 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Take the yogurt in a small bowl and add the stroke to it and mix well.
- Wash your hair and apply the yogurt and mix ACV your scalp.
- massage the scalp thoroughly.
- Leave for 15 minutes and rinse your scalp and hair with cold water.
- repeat this process once a week for effective results against dandruff.
. Note: Always use plain yogurt to prepare this so sweet remedy or yogurt can irritate the skin and worsen the taste condition
6. ACV and tea tree oil scalp Mask
the antifungal properties of tea tree oil kill the fungus called Malassezia, which is the main cause of dandruff. So the combination of stroke along with tea tree oil will do wonders to cure dandruff.
- Raw, unfiltered ACV – ½ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- tree oil tea – 5 drops
- cotton ball – 1 to 2
- Take all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix together.
- soak a cotton ball in ACV and apply this mixture on the scalp.
- cover the whole of the scalp and massage for a few minutes.
- leave for 30 minutes then rinse with warm water and then wash the hair.
- If your dandruff is severe then use this resource in every two days and once your dandruff disappears, use this remedy once in a week to prevent recurrence.
7. ACV with lemon juice, tea tree and olive oil
Previously, we have come to know about the good effects of tree oil tea for treatment dandruff. In this appeal, we added olive oil to make it more effective. Oliva provide a moisturizing effect on the scalp and hair. From the age of olive oil it has been used as a folk remedy for dandruff. the problem of dandruff by adequate hydration is dry areas husking. Apart from that, it also moisturizes the scalp adequately to combat the problem of dandruff.
- – ACV ¼ cup
- Distilled water – 1 cup
- Olive Oil – ½ teaspoon
- oil tea tree – 5 drops
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- a Spray bottle
- shower caps
- Take 1 cup of distilled water in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the CAV and tea tree oil to it. Also, add lemon juice to it.
- all ingredients are mixed thoroughly, and then poured into the spray bottle.
- Part your hair and spray the mixture on the scalp and hair.
- use a shower cap and leave for 30 minutes.
- clean your hair with a mild shampoo.
- After using this home remedy twice a week for a month, you will be able to have control over their dandruff problem.
8. The apple cider vinegar and fenugreek
Since ages, fenugreek, which is a very common spice in Indian cuisine, has been used to treat different hair care problems, such as dandruff, hair loss, dry and lifeless hair etc. It has antifungal and antibacterial properties, which fight to address the problem of dandruff. And nicotinic acid contains proteins that promote hair growth. It also contains lecithin, which adds a bright touch to the hair. Fenugreek works as a natural hair conditioner.
- fenugreek seeds – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- apple cider vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight so you can easily make a paste of it.
- The next morning grind the soaked fenugreek seeds to make a thin paste.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the dough and mix well.
- Partitioning your hair and apply this paste on the hair and scalp with the help of a hair brush.
- Leave on the hair for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse with water.
- If you are facing serious problems of dandruff you can use this paste on alternate days or else you can use one to two times a week.
. Note: You can store this mixture to use in the future
9. The apple cider vinegar herbal combination
This combination ACV herb works well to get rid of dandruff easy issue, because it contains marigold flowers, sage, thyme and chamomile leaves.
With abundant antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, calendula flowers helps maintain the health of the scalp, which is dandruff effectively. It also cleanses the scalp and hair grease residue, which in turn keeps the problem of dandruff at bay. At the same time, the scalp is hydrated.
Sage with its antibacterial, antifungal and astringent properties help fight dandruff problem correctly.
Popularly known as Brahmi in ancient Ayurvedic medicine, sage is used to cure dandruff problems. Its astringent and healing properties makes it an effective ingredient to cure dandruff.
The use of chamomile is dandruff and soothes irritated scalp is caused due to dandruff. Besides its use also strengthens hair and adds a natural glow to it.
- vinegar apple cider – 2 cups
- Calendula Flowers – 1 teaspoon
- dried sage leaves – 1 teaspoon
- dried thyme leaves – 1 teaspoon
- dried leaves chamomile – 1 teaspoon
- Water – as per the requirement
- a empty bottle
- cotton balls – 1 to 2
- Take 2 cups of apple cider vinegar and bring to a boil and then turn off the flame.
- Add all the herbs and let it stand overnight properly.
- strain the mixture into the empty bottle.
- Now add 1/8 cup vinegar 1 cup water and dilute.
- Apply the mixture of ACV hair before shampooing.
- Again, apply after conditioning the hair and not rinsed out.
- Use this remedy for dandruff stroke at least once in a week and you will see remarkable changes within the period of 2 weeks time.
- In place of adding up all the herbs for stroke, you can also use any herb of your choice to prepare this homemade remedy for dandruff.
. Note: Make sure you have enough ventilation in the bathroom, as strong emanations of stroke can sting the eyes
10. the apple cider vinegar and honey
like stroke, honey provides an effective cure for dandruff and when combined with stroke, it works even better. Including minerals like iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, prosperous, manganese and vitamins A, C, D, E, honey treats dandruff problem correctly. Other than that, its use helps the hair to maintain moisture.
- Hot Water – ½ cup
- – ACV 1/3 cup
- raw honey – 3 tablespoons
- A plastic spray bottle
- A shower
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the spray bottle.
- are four partitions of your hair and spray the solution on the scalp and in your hair.
- Cover the head and hair with a shower cap
- left for 15 minutes and then wash your hair.
- Use this remedy once in a week to get rid of dandruff fast.
- For all aforementioned home remedies for dandruff stroke, use vinegar organic apple cider, unfiltered and unpasteurized. Make sure you have the mother in her.
- Click a patch test on a small part of your scalp before trying these home remedies for entire scalp. You can go ahead with the home remedy if there is some slight irritation, but do not go for the home remedy if strong irritation.
- Keep your hair brush clean to keep dandruff at bay. Use vinegar to clean the comb.
- not scratch the scalp, as it can increase the problem of dandruff.
- uses a small comb teeth to remove the scales from the scalp. This will help reduce dandruff.
- Do not wash your hair as often harsh chemicals that cause more dandruff.
- Avoid stress as stress can cause dandruff.
- Eat rich in zinc and vitamin B6 for the scalp and hair healthy food.