Turmeric is a spice native to South Asian countries. Turmeric is the root of a plant known as Curcuma longa. In India, turmeric is called “Haldi” and is widely used in the kitchen everyday. Turmeric belongs to the ginger family that falls under the category of rhizomes. The root of the plant turmeric powder and dried before sale in the markets. turmeric powder has a rich orange color and is a little bitter taste. It contains a compound known as curcumin that gives a characteristic smell of mustard. Turmeric is mainly used as a spice but also used as a coloring agent in seasonings mustard.
Since ancient times, turmeric has been a part of the traditions and culture of India. Turmeric is also a part of various religious rituals in India. Turmeric in traditional Indian medicine has countless uses. Mainly it used as an anti-inflammatory drug. Turmeric is a basic ingredient in various cosmetic products such as skin creams, soaps and oils. Curcumin content of turmeric helps in treating different types of diseases such as diabetes, arthritis, allergies and Alzhimers disease. Therefore turmeric is also used in various medicinal preparations in India. Because of its widespread use, the plant is also known as “Indian saffron”.
uses of turmeric
Turmeric has several cosmetic uses and not cosmetics. It is used primarily to get a beautiful skin. Some of its special benefits listed below:
1. cure acne
Turmeric has strong antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help in curing acne and pimples. It also helps in eliminating scars and marks left by acne and pimples. Turmeric can also be used to reduce the oily nature of the skin. Mix turmeric with sandalwood powder and lemon juice in order to make a perfect face pack. Apply this mixture on the face and let stand for 10 minutes. Wash your face with warm water to get relief from acne. For removing scars you can directly apply turmeric paste on the scars.
2. Treatment for oily skin
For oily skin can prepare a face pack using a pinch of turmeric, sandalwood (1 ½ tablespoon) and orange juice (3 tablespoons). Apple this mixture on your face and let it stay for 15 minutes. Then clean the skin with warm water to get smooth skin free of oil.
3. Treatment for dry skin
For dry skin can make a face pack using a pinch of turmeric, an egg white, lemon juice, olive oil (2 drops), and rosewater. Apply this mixture on the face and allow the skin to absorb. After some time rinse with warm water.
4. reducing wrinkles
Turmeric may help reduce wrinkles and fine lines. Create a natural face pack by mixing turmeric with raw milk, rice powder and tomato juice. Apply this mixture on the face and leave for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water. This treatment can help reduce wrinkles. A mixture of turmeric and whey can help reduce dark circles and wrinkles. Apply this mixture for 20 minutes and wash with cold water.
5. Reducing signs of aging
Turmeric helps reduce the signs of aging. Turmeric is an exfoliating agent and helps in skin renewal. Make a mixture of gram flour and turmeric water use, raw milk or yogurt. Apply to the skin and allowed to stand for 20 minutes. Wash with warm water and rub your skin to remove all the dead cells.
6. The reduction of stretch marks:
Turmeric can reduce the intensity of stretch marks. Make a mixture of turmeric and gram flour with raw milk or yogurt. Apply on your stretch marks.
7. Relieves burns:
A mixture of Aloe Vera gel and turmeric can help in wound healing caused by burns.
8. Reduce skin tanning and pigmentation:
Turmeric can help in reducing pigmentation and skin tanning. Make a mixture of turmeric, cucumber juice or lemon juice and apply it on the skin. Let it stay for 30 minutes before rinsing with water. Follow this regular routine in order to get the desired results.
9. Remove facial hair:
Make a mixture of kasturi turmeric and gram flour. Apply this paste on the skin regularly. Follow this 3 to 4 weeks to get the desired results.
10. healing cracked heels
Make a mixture of turmeric powder and coconut oil. Apply this mixture on your heels. Let it stay for 15 minutes and then rinse. Instead of coconut oil you can also use castor oil. Follow this newspaper in order to heal cracked heels.
11. Night Cream
Make a mask overnight using a mixture of turmeric and yogurt or milk. Apply this every night and wash in the morning. You can also mix turmeric for moisturizer and apply every night. This will give a smooth and beautiful skin.
12. Treatment of skin diseases
Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Therefore, it is used to treat skin diseases such as eczema, hives and psoriasis. Eczema is a painful disease that causes itching and flaking of the skin. In order to reduce inflammation and itching, you can apply a combination of turmeric Kasturi and milk.
Make a mixture of turmeric and gram flour and apply it on the skin. You can apply this in your body and gently rub the skin in order to remove all the dead cells and impurities. Her face can be done using a packet of milk and turmeric. You can also apply this on your lips to heal dry, chapped lips.
The hair treatment
Turmeric can improve the quality of your hair and help in reducing hair loss. Some of the benefits of turmeric in treating hair conditions listed below.
14. The elimination of dandruff
Apply a mixture of olive oil and turmeric on the scalp and let it stay for 15 minutes. Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo. This clean all traces of dandruff and improve blood circulation in the scalp and make healthier and stronger your hair.
15. Reduce hair loss:
Hair loss is a common problem that occurs due to a wide range of reasons such as stress and poor diet. Turmeric may help reduce hair loss. Turmeric contains an active ingredient known as curcumin that helps in killing TGF beta beta one or agent that causes hair loss. Make a mixture of turmeric, milk and honey and apply on the scalp. This will help in reducing hair loss.
16. Natural hair dye:
Turmeric can be used as a natural dye. Boil turmeric along with substances such as saffron, camomile tea and calendula. Wash your hair with this water and rinse after 20 minutes.
17. The treatment of scalp disorders:
turmeric contains curcumin, which acts as an antifungal, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial and antiseptic agent. Turmeric can be used for the treatment of scalp disorders such as dermatitis, eczema and scarring alopecia.
Health Benefits of Turmeric:
- Curcumin in turmeric helps in preventing childhood leukemia and cancer.
- Turmeric has a detoxifying effect on your liver. Therefore, it helps prevent cirrhosis, hepatitis and jaundice.
- Turmeric helps control weight by promoting fat metabolism. It also helps in the treatment of indigestion and bloating.
- Turmeric may help reduce menstrual cramps. Take a turmeric extracts juice twice a day for 2 weeks before the onset of menses.
- Turmeric can be used for curing all kinds of wounds and injuries. It acts as a strong anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiseptic agent.
- contains lots of antioxidants that destroy free radicals in our body. This in turn promotes better immunity and prevents disease risk.
- turmeric acts as an anti-inflammatory agent that reduces the risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
- turmeric supplements can reduce joint pain.
- Turmeric helps reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Turmeric acts as a strong anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory agent that prevents inflation brain that leads to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Turmeric controls levels of homo-cysteine, which in turn helps reduce cholesterol.
- Turmeric can promote insulin secretion and this in turn helps you control your diabetes.
You should buy good quality turmeric your local spice market. Always buy organic turmeric that is free of additives. It is important to avoid adulterated turmeric. When you are buying turmeric powder, make sure it is pure and not mixed with other ingredients. Turmeric is also used as a coloring agent in various industries. turmeric powder should be stored in a cool place and should be kept away from sunlight. Do not store in a damp or hot place. This can reduce their effectiveness. Exposure to sunlight can make turmeric paler color. Always store in an airtight container turmeric.
Using turmeric While Cooking
Turmeric can add flavor, color and aroma to food. You can be added to a wide variety of curry as a spice. Here are some ideas on how you can use turmeric listed.
- The turmeric has several medicinal properties and can be eaten in its raw form. Clean the root of turmeric with warm water and then peel the skin. Turmeric may taste bitter but is somewhat effective in treating a wide range of diseases.
- You can add turmeric powder salad in order to give an intense yellow color. You can also cut the root of turmeric and add your slices to your salad.
- You can add turmeric as a spice seasoning for different types of rice preparations. You can also add the coriander and cumin to enhance flavor.
- You can add turmeric root slices to sandwiches. This will add freshness to your sandwich.
- Mix some turmeric with mayonnaise, dried onion, pepper and salt. You can use this mixture as a dip for vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli and celery.
- may be used turmeric powder in cauliflower steamed, sauteed apples, onions and green beans. You can also use turmeric as a spice while different types of cuisine is prepared containing lentils.
- can also add chopped turmeric or turmeric powder to soups.
- can be cooked cauliflower with turmeric to prepare a nutritious dish. saute chunks of cauliflower with turmeric. Add olive oil, pepper and salt to this mixture. The heat for some time to obtain a preparation of delicious cauliflower.
- You can add turmeric to smoothies made with vegetables and fresh fruits.
Are you worried about your oily skin? Are you looking for a natural remedy to remove scars and skin blemishes? If you are looking for a home for the treatment of all diseases of the skin remedy, try some of the solutions mentioned above. Turmeric is a basic ingredient of various natural medicines and products for skin care. Turmeric is also beneficial to your health and fitness. Applying a mask made of turmeric can certainly improve your skin tone and make your skin look younger. Turmeric also helps reduce the signs of aging.Additional Tags for this post:
benefit of dried tumeric leaf | benefits of white haldi | dr oz turmeric hair removal | health benefits of turmeric leaves | old turmeric pickel is good for pregnancy | rice powder tincture |