Arthritis is an autoimmune disease that affects people of all ages. The main symptom of this disease is swelling, redness and pain in various joints of the body. The intensity of the pain of arthritis may vary according to the climate, the level of activity of the person and according to the food they eat. There are certain foods that help reduce inflammation and pain associated with arthritis and there are certain foods that aggravate the pain of arthritis. Reducing arthritis pain will help improve patient mobility. Here is the list of some foods that are helpful in reducing the pain of arthritis. If you are a patient of arthritis, you may include many of these foods in your diet to relieve arthritis joint pain. However, it is best to consult your doctor before making major changes in your diet.
Foods that help fight arthritis pain
This is a great food to combat arthritis. Bananas against arthritis and reduce symptoms associated therewith. Improves overall health of the person.
- containing high levels of potassium necessary for the proper functioning of cells.
- containing vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin B6 and folic acid to help improve the body’s immune system.
- The fiber in bananas helps in proper digestion of food and helps maintain the overall health of the person.
2. Olive oil
This is one of the best oils to be used by patients with arthritis. Olive oil contains healthy monounsaturated fats do not be oxidized in the body. Studies have shown that people who consume olive oil the chances of developing rheumatoid arthritis are less. Make sure you are using the extra virgin olive oil of high quality to achieve maximum benefits.
- olive oil extra virgin works similar to over-the-counter pain medications in people with arthritis.
- Use virgin olive oil as a salad dressing or use it to cook vegetables to get rid of arthritis pain.
- Do not overheat olive oil as nutrients in the oil are destroyed at high temperatures.
[ See also: 10 best home remedies for arthritis ]
3. Sweet potatoes
this must be one of the main ingredients in the menu of a patient with arthritis. Sweet potatoes have more nutrients than regular white potatoes. They contain beta carotene, anthocyanins, Vitamin A, C, soluble fiber and minerals.
- Use organically grown orange or purple fleshed sweet potato.
- may be used steamed, boiled or baked sweet potatoes to reduce pain.
- Vitamin C enhances immunity and anthocyanin reduces inflammation in the joints.
- Replace prepared foods including white potatoes with sweet potatoes to reap the benefits of this food.
4. Green tea
Green tea offers many health benefits because it contains high levels of antioxidants. Antioxidants are very effective in reducing the pain of arthritis. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is the substance present in green tea reduces inflammation associated with arthritis.
- Make a decoction of green tea green tea with boiling water.
- consume at least 3-4 cups of green tea each day to reduce pain and inflammation in the joints.
Bell peppers are rich in vitamin C, which helps reduce inflammation and increase the body’s immunity against infection. The antioxidants present in peppers prevent the formation of free radicals in the body which causes the deterioration of health. It is best to use raw peppers in food preparations such as vitamin C is destroyed by cooking.
- The peppers helps in the formation of collagen and helps keep the skin and muscles.
- The present capsaicin in peppers improves blood supply to the joints and reduces inflammation.
- can be used in salads and stir -fries
6. Whole Grains
Whole grains have the ability to reduce inflammation in the body. While refined grains increase inflammation, whole grains reduce inflammation. They are rich sources of fiber and other nutrients.
- include more whole grains in your food. There are whole grain breads and pastas available on the market.
- You can use brown rice instead of polished white rice.
- include whole grain cereal at breakfast to reduce arthritis pain.
There are different varieties of nuts that help reduce the level of inflammation. Nuts provide healthy fats to the body. You need to include an ounce of nuts per day in arthritis diet to get benefited by it. It contains antioxidants and omega three fatty acids that are essential for good health. They are also rich sources of vitamin E.
- The most important nut for arthritis pain is the nut.
- CHOP and add nuts to your salads, desserts or vegetable dish or can be used as such.
- The anti-inflammatory nutrients in nuts play a special role in maintaining bone health.
Handles are not available throughout the year, but make sure you eat them whenever you have the opportunity to reduce pain arthritis. Mangoes have a number of antioxidants in them. Ripe mangos are a rich source of beta carotene. Beta carotene prevents arthritis worse.
- You can eat ripe mangoes or can have them in your fruit salads.
- You can use them as fresh mango juice or mango juice.
Apples are a rich source of vitamins and iron to the body. Iron in the block is useful in the formation of blood hemoglobin, thus improving oxygen transport capacity of the blood. This property apple helps reduce inflammation in the joints due to arthritis. You can use in their diet and weight loss get reduced stress on joints. This will ease the pain of arthritis greatly.
- Eat apples on a regular basis to get rid of the pain of arthritis
- can also be consumed as juice or as a salad.
- Make sure you eat the apple skin to get the maximum result because they contain beta carotene.
shrimp and shellfish are low in saturated fat and provide a lot of nutrition. Omega-3 -fatty acids in them is to reduce the symptoms of arthritis. Seafood and shrimp are rich in vitamins and minerals such as selenium, iron, zinc, vitamin B12, niacin. Selenium in seafood helps control arthritis pain. If you are allergic to shellfish or have high cholesterol need to avoid this food on the menu arthritis food.
- may include shrimp and seafood in various recopied.
- You can saute shrimp or seafood with vegetables in olive oil and consume them to control the pain of arthritis.
Salmon is one of the most important sources of omega -3 -fatty. Therefore, it is commonly used by people who suffer from arthritis to reduce pain. Omega -3 helps reduce inflammation of the joints and reduces redness and pain. You can also use other fatty fish like mackerel and sardines for this purpose.
- Make sure you eat salmon or other fatty fish at least twice a week.
- Avoid using fried fish, instead use the grilled, baked, steamed or fish to get the benefits of omega -3 poached.
Lentils are considered as a healthy food because it provides the necessary proteins required by our body. This food is indicated for people who suffer from arthritis pain also. Proteins are necessary for maintaining the muscles that help in the movement of the bones in joints.
- Buy raw lentils and cook as needed.
- can use in soups or gravies can be prepared with lentil.
Espinacas offers many benefits to patients with arthritis. Spinach contains calcium and is a rich source of fiber. Contain phytonutrients that improves the overall performance of the body. There are many flavonoid compounds in spinach, which has anti-inflammatory property. Vitamin K in spinach helps maintain bone health.
- Always wash spinach thoroughly before cooking
- boiled spinach with plenty of water for one minute to release their contents of
- Drain spinach and use in salads or for lasagna recipe.
Beetroot contains a special antioxidant called betalain that prevents the build-up of free radicals in the body. Potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron; fiber, folic acid vitamin A, B and C; beta carotene, etc. are some of the many nutrients and minerals found in beets. Betalains have anti-inflammatory properties and therefore a good choice of food for people with arthritis.
- Do not overcook as betalain beet is removed from the food.
- Steaming beets for 15 minutes is the best way to prepare beets.
- may steamed quartered beets without removing the skin. You can add steamed beets to your favorite salad.
- grated beets can use to garnish salads or soups.
Tomatoes are found to be very effective in relieving arthritis pain. The most important content is tomato lycopene content and this is responsible for reduction of pain.
- Include cooked in your diet if you want to use to relieve the pain of arthritis
- reported cook lycopene present in tomatoes and our body will be able to use so effective.
Soy is one of the best foods that help relieve joint pain in patients with arthritis. Soy is available in different forms in the market. They are a rich source of protein and iron. Soy products are excellent foods to reduce inflammation and pain. Soy reduces the possibility of osteoporosis in women.
- include any of soy products such as tofu, miso or temph in your daily diet, if you want to keep arthritis pain under control.
- Tofu has been found to be more effective in reducing inflammation in patients with arthritis.
- You need to consume at least 25 grams of soy protein a day for health benefits from it.
Is a person who suffers from pain, swelling and reduced mobility caused by arthritis? Are you trying to improve their condition with proper foods to control arthritis? You can try different foods suggested here and find out what you all are effective in managing arthritis pain. Try to include two or three foods in your diet to get rid of arthritis pain. Food can be used over several recipes of your choice. The most important thing is that these foods on a daily basis are consumed to get the maximum result possible.