Obesity, caused by everything from stress and poor diet to disease and sedentary lifestyle, it has become increasingly common in recent years time, and is a major contributor to many serious diseases. Many people find it difficult to stick to fad diets that guarantee rapid loss of weight, easy. This is because there is no such thing. A healthy body weight can only be achieved through a healthy lifestyle that includes healthy eating, regular exercise, and acupuncture …?
So, this ancient Chinese practice is being used quite effectively to help people lose weight and keep it off. Acupuncture involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the body in order to stimulate certain nerves and energy centers and activate healing. In the case of weight loss, the practitioner focuses primarily on the thyroid, mouth, stomach, spleen and endocrine glands in order to regulate the metabolism of the hormones that effect, appetite and nutrient absorption.
acupuncture work for weight loss?
Yes, the needles are inserted in such a way that regulate the production of certain hormones that play a major role in metabolism, appetite regulation and nutrient absorption. Acupuncture unblocks the flow of qi (vital life force means in Chinese philosophy) in the body and releases the lock and restore balance between yin and yang.
How does acupuncture to lose weight works:
Acupuncture is easy, safe, comfortable and efficient, and it is, without unwanted side effects, but remember it is not a solution quick. gradually it works, and works best as a supplement to a healthy lifestyle. Let’s take a further look at why it is so effective.
For many people, stress, anxiety and frustration are the main triggers of overeating. An acupuncturist may insert needles in a way that causes the release of endorphins in the body, reducing stress. This helps to reduce stress and anxiety and not overeat.
hormone ghrelin induces feelings of hunger while leptin induces the feeling of fullness and satisfaction. Acupuncture can be used to manipulate hormone levels in order to suppress appetite and make you feel satiated.
Secretions from the pituitary gland increases the metabolism rate and help stimulate the thyroid gland. The process of acupuncture re-energizes the hypothalamus and stimulates the pituitary gland that triggers a slow thyroid gland and increases metabolism. This automatically makes the body use its inactivity and stored fat and ultimately helps burn excess fat instead of storing it.
How acupuncturist perform the process:
- Most people make a reservation 1-3 acupuncture sessions per week and start seeing results after 9 weeks.
- During each session with an acupuncturist, he or she will insert many, sterilized needles thin on specific body points in order to suppress appetite, reduce stress, reducing cholesterol levels, improving It increases blood circulation and metabolism.
- These needles are about the thickness of a human hair and are relatively painless, although some people experience numbness and tingling.
- Once inserted, the needles remain in place, just under the skin, 30 – 45. Barrio
- acupuncture therapy also includes breathing exercises, treatments herbal , massage, diet and lifestyle and advice. Results vary from person to person.
- Different acupoints are selected for different types of treatment.
- attend these sessions regularly until you reach the desired weight loss.
The frequency and number of sessions depends on the objectives of individual weight loss. To lose 5 to 10 pounds must attend every 3 days or twice a week.
The cost of acupuncture:
The cost of acupuncture varies from one doctor to another, usually ranging from $ 60-120 per session. The initial treatments are more complete and cost more. Once a patient has achieved its objectives, see your acupuncturist 3-4 times a year to ensure they remain on track. The techniques include massage therapy, electrostimulation, cupping, moxibustion, and others, and may or may not be covered by your insurance.
auricular (ear) acupuncture:
may come as a surprise, but the ear is an essential point of care during acupuncture sessions aimed at weight loss. There are about 130 acupuncture points on the ear, and the use of small studs and beads or seed size magnets are stimulated. The most common points of this process are shenmen, Tranquility and zero point ear acupuncture. Boca, endocrine point, small intestine, thyroid gland, spleen and hunger points are some of the points that also help you lose weight. Whenever the person (who is in this treatment) gets food cravings between meals and then a slight pressure is applied to these points or ear staples are rubbed. Then the release of endorphins which induce a feeling of relaxation and wellbeing is stimulated. There are many points in the ear that helps curb your appetite and food cravings get these under control.
- acupuncturist inserts needles into specific areas of the ear and stimulates manually.
- Sometimes auricular acupuncture involves the passage of high frequency electrical currents through the needles for extra stimulation.
- These seeds ear Vaccaria made from plants can be placed up to 2 weeks with tape. Ear tacks are small needles with an adhesive backing can be placed up to a week.
Acupuncture Ear Stapling for Weight Loss:
ear stapling is similar to getting their ears pierced. It is relatively painless and poses serious risks. ear staples penetrate the pressure points that trigger the feeling of fullness and suppress appetite, and can be left in place for a few weeks or months, depending on their weight loss goals. You can expect to pay between $ 50 to 100 for each piece. Here are some things to consider before getting ear staples:
- If you are pregnant, taking certain medications, or have a heart condition or pacemaker, consult your doctor before receiving treatment first heard necessity.
- Schedule your treatment with a trained and licensed acupuncturist and never try to make acupuncture in the country.
- Make sure your doctor uses sterilized equipment and surgical gloves to protect themselves from infection.
- Be sure to get basic food for the ears cleaned regularly according to the recommendations of your acupuncturist.
- If the ear staples become painful or infected, seek medical help immediately.
The laser acupuncture for weight loss:
Laser acupuncture combines ancient Chinese technique with modern technology. Instead of needles, which uses non-thermal, radiation beams of low intensity. This method has been particularly effective for the treatment of addictions. As treatments needle, laser acupuncture focuses on the release of endorphins to create a feeling of fullness while accelerating the metabolism to help lose weight. It stimulates certain points in the brain and body that decreases food cravings, increases the secretion of endorphins, increases metabolism and decreases appetite all together. Sessions last 30 -. 40 minutes, and have to attend sessions of 2 to 5 and continue until the desired amount of weight is reached
magnets acupuncture for weight loss:
magnets acupuncture ear (magnets) are sold at certain points of the ear products, which are associated with the bodies that control bodily functions. For example placing a small magnet in an ear part linked to stimulate the endocrine system and increase metabolism. Consult a certified acupuncturist or reflexology specialist who knows about magnets acupuncture for weight loss.
- He or she explains the technical and places shown in the ear.
- There are 3-4 points on the ear, where the magnets are placed, and placed in both ears for 30 minutes to an hour each day.
- Treatment cycles last for 6 weeks with breaks of two weeks between each cycle.
- Continue until you have reached your weight loss goals.
- This process also helps to cure other health problems such as arthritis, cancer, HIV / AIDS, but there is no scientific evidence to prove it.
Balls acupuncture for weight loss:
This treatment, invented in Japan by Dr. Junzo Kokubo, uses small balls that stimulate weight loss in the same way needles, lasers and magnets make.
- The balls are about 1 millimeter in diameter, and your doctor puts a point on the pit Antihelis and point B in the shell both ears. These are called at the pressure points.
- Each time the patient feels hungry, press these balls to reduce food cravings.
- forward regularly to get rid of weight.
- Patients typically lose 6-8 pounds a month. There is no scientific evidence to support the efficacy of this practice.
Acupuncture and Cupping to lose weight:
Cupping is the process of placing a glass container with a partial vacuum in it on the patient’s skin in order to produce the suction in the underlying tissue to fix the problem. When acupuncture and cupping then mixed it is an effective method to lose weight. Acupuncturist needle held in place and then covered with a glass container and remain in place 20 to 30 minutes. But be sure to get in touch with professional experience.
Tips and Precautions:
- only receive acupuncture treatments from a trained and licensed professional, and always insist on sterile equipment.
- Before starting treatment, ask your doctor whether acupuncture could worsen existing medical conditions.
- Continue doing treatments 1-3 times a week until you have lost the desired amount of weight, then go to your doctor 3-4 times a year to ensure that you maintain a healthy weight.
- Acupuncture is most effective when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
- Never do this process at home. Incorrectly acupuncture can lead to bleeding, pain, swelling, weakness, sleepiness, infection, nerve damage, kidney damage, lung and drilling. Pregnant women should take special care just to get acupuncture professionals, as incorrect placement of needles can induce premature labor.
- During treatment, patients are advised to eat bitter foods and acid instead of sweet, salty, or fatty foods. Also advised to take herbs such as Shan Zha, xia ban, Lian Qiao, zi shen qu e fu lai. They are available as a tea for easy and quick consumption.
- Apart from ear acupuncture, acupuncturists choose the number of corresponding acupuncture points on the body including the stomach, lung, kidney, ovarian, thyroid and spleen that helps a person lose weight.
- Talk to your doctor or acupuncturist about the effectiveness is the insertion of needles into the body (especially ear) and how to stimulate the release of endorphins which in turn helps to speed up metabolism.
- Check with your acupuncturist seeks to combine abdominal massage and acupuncture to improve digestion and absorption of essential nutrients from food.
- Eat 5-6 small meals a day rather than 2-3 large that help increase metabolism.
- include complex carbohydrates, unsaturated fats and lean protein at every meal.
- WHO accepred that acupuncture is an effective treatment that is used for weight loss program.
- Acupuncture for weight loss NYC (New York) helps lose weight based on the causes of overweight. if gain weight due to the low performance of thyroid problems or endocrine hormone related then it functions spleen and kidney are balanced, strengthen metabolism water to remove water retention and then the fatty tissues dissolves to achieve the desired weight. mainly suggest diet and appropriate exercise program to lose weight and achieve normal level.
Have you tried acupuncture to lose weight? Share your experience with us!