Although there is more evidence linking statin drugs to a number of health problems, including muscle pain, diabetes and even cancer, one in four Americans over 45 are still using it as a conventional therapy against high cholesterol.
Why Statin Drugs can be bad for you
First, statins deplete the body of CoQ10, leading to devastating results. People taking statin drugs without an adequate supply of CoQ10 are in a serious risk to health. This unfortunately is what most people on statins.
CoQ10 is a cofactor (coenzyme) that is vital to the creation of ATP molecules essential for cellular energy production. The thing is that organs like the heart have higher energy requirements, which means more dependent on CoQ10 to function properly. Since this co-enzyme is secreted in the liver, but also takes part in maintaining blood glucose under control.
Theoretically, statins are not required to reduce cholesterol levels in the blood and exposing their health to serious risks. 75% of your cholesterol is produced by the liver actually influenced by insulin levels. This means that by optimizing your insulin level, cholesterol level is automatically optimized.
In other words, simple changes in diet and lifestyle can make a world of difference to regulate your cholesterol safely.
9 Ways to reduce your cholesterol levels naturally
- Get enough vitamin D. This vitamin has been found to be very beneficial for normalizing cholesterol levels and preventing heart disease.
- reduce consumption or ideally cut, grains and sugars from your diet. Instead, include fresh vegetables and green leafy vegetables.
- Getting enough fish oil of high quality.
- Fortify your diet with healthier foods for the heart as olive oil, coconut and coconut oil, organic eggs, avocados, raw nuts and seeds and meat fed organic grass.
- Get regular daily exercise. Even a 20 minute walk on will make a difference.
- Reducing exposure to stress. Or, use stress relieving techniques such as meditation or yoga.
- cut excessive consumption of snuff or alcohol.
- Getting enough quality sleep.
- Take red yeast rice as indicated (Thorne Choleast 2-4 capsules a day).
These techniques provide a holistic approach to reduce high blood cholesterol levels with long-term effects unlike statin drugs, which lower cholesterol, at the expense of their health.