has been shown by some studies that hormones do have an influence on appetite and store fat. Here are 9 beneficial ways for fixing hormones are in control of your weight.
- Insulin – Throughout the day, insulin is secreted in small quantities and in larger amounts after meals. It is the hormone that is produced by the beta cells in the pancreas. It allows cells to receive blood sugar for energy no matter how much is needed for some time. It also represents the main storage hormone fat, which instructs fat cells to store fat and prevents fat stored to decompose.
insulin resistant is very common case in which sugar levels and insulin levels significantly increase.
insulin or High hyperinsulinemia causes many health problems, including obesity and metabolic syndrome
Overeating – or sugar overeating, the refined carbohydrates or fast food causes insulin resistance and increases levels of
Tips to normalize and improve insulin levels :.
- to minimize or avoid sugar due to the large amounts of fructose and sucrose are responsible for insulin resistance and increase insulin levels.
- Reduce carbohydrates – starting the diet that is low in carbohydrates and can help immediately lowers insulin levels
- are filled with protein -. Raise insulin, but in terms short. But, it will lead to a long-term reduction in insulin resistance.
- Increase intake of healthy fats – high insulin levels can be further reduced by consuming omega-3 fats found in fish
- Exercise -. One study found that women with they walked or jogged overweight after 14 weeks had improvement in insulin sensitivity. Therefore, exercise regularly.
- Magnesium – Magnesium may improve insulin sensitivity and often people who are deficient in magnesium are insulin-resistant people. Taking magnesium supplements.
- Green tea -. It can lower your blood sugar and insulin in the blood so often consume
- Leptin It’s is produced by fat cells and is considered as satiety hormone that reduces appetite and often makes you feel full. Its main function is communication with the hypothalamus – part of the brain that regulates appetite and food intake. In other words, leptin gives the brain information that there is enough fat in storage and there is no need to overeat.
High levels of leptin are present in people who are obese. Furthermore, according to one study, obese people have 4 times higher level of leptin.
Usually, if leptin reduces appetite, as we say, obese people, on the other hand, which have high levels of it should start eating less and lose weight, but in case of obesity Leptin It does not work as it should. This refers to leptin resistance.
When it alters its existence, the message must reach the brain to stop eating not pass and have no idea that you have enough stored energy. Therefore, your brain thinks it is starving and wants to eat.
In addition, leptin levels may be reduced when weight is lost and this is one of the main reasons why it is difficult to maintain weight loss long term. Again brain thinks you’re starving and tells you to eat more. Both potential causes leptin resistance are chronically elevated insulin levels and inflammation in the hypothalamus
Here are some tips for improving leptin sensitivity :.
- Avoid inflammatory foods that cause inflammation, sugary drinks and trans fats.
- eat more anti-inflammatory foods like fatty fish.
- leptin sensitivity can be improved by exercising well, exercise more.
- Lack of sleep usually leads to problems with leptin levels and increased appetite, so be sure to get enough sleep.
- According to one study, women who took alpha-lipoic acid and fish oil and were in a weight loss diet lost more weight and had lower decrease in leptin.
- Ghrelin – or also known as the hunger hormone is released when the stomach is empty and sends a simple message to the hypothalamus – tells you to eat. Before eating normally your levels are highest and the lowest about an hour after the meal.
However, in people who are obese, ghrelin levels are often lower than those of normal weight.
According to studies, in obese people, after the meal, ghrelin is decreased only slightly and because of this hypothalamus receives no signal to stop eating and usually this leads to overeating
Here are some tips for this problem :.
- As a first course, avoid sugar syrup and high fructose corn syrup and sugary drinks that damage ghrelin response after meals.
- Ghrelin levels can be reduced by eating protein at every meal and consume a lot of protein at every meal.
- Cortisol – also known as the stress hormone because of its release when your body is feeling stress, cortisol is the hormone that is produced by glands adrenal
chronically elevated levels. cortisol can lead to overeating and weight gain and like other hormones that are vital for survival.
Women who are overweight respond to stress with increased cortisol increased. However, in some cases diet can also increase cortisol. According to a study, women who consumed low-calorie diet had higher cortisol levels and were more stressed than women who practiced normal diet
If you want to reduce your cortisol levels should be :.
- follow a balanced diet and not calories are cut extremely low levels.
- You can start practicing meditation and reduce the production of cortisol.
- According to some research, listening to music helps a lot and cortisol during medical procedures is rising.
- estrogen – important female hormone that is produced by the ovaries and regulates the female reproductive system. It depends on age, overall health, and the action of other hormones, but both high and low levels of estrogen lead to weight gain.
The estrogen begins to promote fat storage at puberty to maintain fertility during the reproductive years and also can stimulate increased fat in the first half of pregnancy.
due to environmental influences, as some researchers believe, obese women have higher levels of estrogen than women who are average weighted.
estrogen levels drop during menopause because it is less produced in the ovaries and because the site for fat storage moves from the hips and stockings abdomen. This increases the risk of disease and promotes insulin resistance
The estrogen can be administered if :.
- do not eat a lot of fiber. Estrogen levels can be reduced by the fiber.
- If you eat cruciferous vegetables that have beneficial effects on estrogen.
- If flax seeds appear to be beneficial in most women consumed.
- Physical activity normalizes estrogen levels in premenopausal and postmenopausal women.
- Neuropeptide Y (NPY) -es hormone produced in the brain and nervous system, stimulates appetite, especially carbohydrates and more high during periods of fasting or food deprivation. Usually during times of stress levels increase and may lead to overeating.
– You should eat more protein than normal due to eating small amounts of proteins that increase your levels leading to hunger and cause weight gain
- very long fasts such those more than 24 hours, can increase levels of NPY according to animal studies. Therefore, do not fast for too long.
- If you start consuming a lot of prebiotic soluble fiber to feed the good bacteria in the gut and reduces levels of NPY.
- Glucagon – As peptide-1 (GLP-1) – this hormone occurs when nutrients enter the intestine in their gut. It keeps levels stable blood sugar and makes you feel full.
According to investigators decrease in appetite that occurs after surgery weight loss is due to increased production of this hormone. Also, in a study men who GLP-1 solution were given breakfast said they felt more satisfied and 12% ate fewer calories at lunch
How to increase GLP-1 :.
- consume a lot of protein and protein-rich foods such as fish or yogurt that increase GLP-1 levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
- Because chronic inflammation is connected to reduce the production of GLP-1 that must consume anti-inflammatory foods.
- Eat green leafy vegetables, because according to a study women who ate vegetables such as spinach and kale increased their level of GLP-1 and lost more weight.
- Get probiotic supplement because according to an animal study, this supplement increases levels of GLP-1 which resulted in reducing food intake.
- C holecystokinin (CCK) – another hormone produced in the intestine by the cells. Higher amounts of reducing food intake in lean and obese people
How to increase CCK :.
- consume more protein at every meal.
- Eat healthy fats because bad fat triggers the release of CCK.
- Eat foods that are high in fiber because low in fiber foods lower levels of CCK according to a study.
- The peptide YY (PYY) -. Another intestinal hormone that controls appetite and is released by cells in the intestines and colon
important in reducing food intake role is played and decreasing the risk of obesity.
How to increase PYY
- Eating low carb diet in unprocessed if you want to keep your blood sugar stable blood food. You should know that increased blood sugar damages the effects of PYY.
- Eating large amounts of protein no matter where they come from, animal or vegetable.
- Eat lots of fiber.
You should know that hormones often work together and increase or decrease appetite, along with fat storage. If your system is not working properly, you begin to struggle with weight problems permanently, but do not panic, diet and drastic changes in lifestyle sometimes have a good effect on these hormones.