should include a facial scrub as part of its maintenance regime skin weekly. Exfoliants help eliminate blackheads and dead skin and can also be used to reduce and prevent acne. homemade facial scrubs can increase cell renewal and expose younger looking skin beneath. In this guide, we will study some of the homemade recipes DIY scrub fantastic and super easy to address various skin problems like acne, blackheads and removing dead skin. Many of these homemade facial scrubs can be used safely on sensitive skin.
basic ingredients of homemade exfoliant
Each instrumentalist must contain the following major categories of ingredients:
- An exfoliant – Examples- sugar, salt, ground coffee, ground rice, oatmeal powder, etc.
- a carrier or base oil – coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, etc.
- Essential Oil – For additional benefits (this is an optional ingredient). You can use oils like sandalwood, lemon or lavender for oily skin, sandalwood, geranium or rose for dry skin and chamomile, rose or neroil for sensitive skin. For acne-prone skin, you can add lemon, cypress, tea tree and lavender oils for homemade facial scrub recipes.
- Other additives – you can use apple cider vinegar, aloe vera or honey. You can also add fresh fruits (tomatoes for anti aging, strawberries to whiten and brighten the skin, pineapple or papaya to eliminate dead skin, cucumber puffy skin and bananas for dry skin, etc.).
How often should I use homemade facial scrub
Use the exfoliating once a week to keep your skin young and fresh.
Using the scrub
- Clean your face with warm water and a mild cleanser. Rinse well.
- Take a small amount of scrub in the palm of your hand. Using your fingers, gently massage the scrub on the face in light circular motion. Take special care around problem areas such as the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead, especially in the case of pimples.
- brush massage for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Dry your skin.
- Apply moisturizer favorite.
Let us now study the best homemade facial scrub recipes to treat various skin problems.
Related content: Recipes homemade facial mask for skin that shines
Best facial scrub homemade recipes
1. Basic home facial scrub to remove dead skin
- ¼ cup each of olive oil and brown sugar or granulated sugar
- 2-3 drops of essential oils suggested above (based on your skin type)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sea salt
- 2-3 drops of your favorite essential oil
2. Banana Oatmeal facial scrub to remove dead skin
- 2 tablespoons of mashed banana overripe
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal powder
- 1 tablespoon each of milk and honey
Mix all ingredients and gently rub the face. You can even let it remain on the skin for a few minutes-so this scrub recipe also works as a facial mask. Use this scrub once a week for glowing skin.
3. To promote circulation Café Cinnamon Orange Body Scrub
- ½ cup un-brewed ground coffee
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons each of olive oil and orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2-3 drops peppermint oil or orange essential oil
You can save this recipe in the refrigerator up to a week. Use it throughout the body to increase circulation, reduce cellulite and as a quick ‘wake-me-up “during the shower.
4. Scrub Homemade strawberry acne
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 2 large ripe, organic strawberries crushed
Mash strawberries and mix in the oatmeal. You can store this homemade facial scrub for acne in the refrigerator up to a week. Apply to the face with gentle, circular movements. Rinse with warm water.
5. Easy 2 Ingredient facial scrub for shins
- distilled water
- 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda
Combine the ingredients to form a thick paste. It applies to blackheads and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Use this facial scrub twice a week to remove stubborn blackheads.
6. Super simple facial scrub for oily skin
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 25 ml lemon juice
Mix both ingredients into a paste. Apply to the face with gentle circular movements. Scrub for at least 3-5 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Use once a week to reduce excess fat. This facial scrub also works well on acne. Use twice a week to remove pimples and blackheads.
7. Scrub Detoxifying Clay
- 100 g of sea salt
- 10 g of clay bentonite, clay or any other facial treatment of your choice
- 25 g of olive oil
- 10 drops of essential oil of lemongrass
Mix all ingredients and apply on the face and body in the massage movements. Clay helps eliminate toxins from the body and lemongrass elevates your senses giving a spa like atmosphere. Use this scrub once a week to detoxify the skin and remove dead cells.
8. avocado and oatmeal facial scrub for sensitive skin
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon each honey and mashed avocado
form a thick paste of the above ingredients. Apply to the face with gentle circular motions and wash with a little hot water. Use this recipe once a week as a homemade facial scrub for sensitive skin soothing.
9. Facial Scrub home for dark spots
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice a small
- ¼ cup each of plain yogurt and strawberry puree
Mix all ingredients. Apply on skin and massage well. Rinse with warm water. For best results, you can leave this mask on the face for 15 minutes. Use twice a week to lighten age spots and sun damage.
Use these 9 homemade facial scrub recipes and see your skin glow!