When the sphincter esophageal does not contract, it allows stomach acid to move from the stomach up. This causes a burning sensation in the lower chest and throat known as acid reflux. Some research reveals that acid reflux can be caused by bacteria growing in the stomach. According to surveys, almost half of all Americans experience chest pain, bloating, belching and associated with acid reflux or heartburn at some point in their lives.
Several acid reflux symptoms include gas, chest pain or heartburn, belching, bloating, bitter taste, experiencing discomfort lying down or bending.
There are a lot of medications available commercial acidity, but its effects are short-lived and often cause unwanted side effects. Why bother wasting time and money on those where you can treat and prevent acid reflux with coconut oil?
You are coconut oil helps to reduce acid reflux?
- coconut oil layers throat and digestive tract, reducing the burning sensation and other irritation caused by acid reflux.
- The lauric acid in coconut oil is a natural antiseptic that kills fungi and bacteria that cause acid reflux.
- Overeating causes acid reflux because our stomachs struggling to break down large amounts of food are consumed quickly. When taken before meals, coconut oil prevents overeating by making you feel full. This also helps you lose weight.
- The medium chain triglycerides (MTC) in coconut oil are easily digested and provide numerous health benefits.
- Because it is alkaline, coconut oil neutralizes acid, reduces inflammation and helps repair tissue damage caused by heartburn.
- Coconut oil triggers the production of chloride, which is essential for the production of stomach acid that helps proper digestion.
How to use coconut oil to treat acid reflux:
Coconut oil can be used alone or in combination with other natural ingredients that promote proper digestion and keep the digestive system healthy. Try all the following methods until you find the one that works best for you.
1. Extra virgin coconut oil
- Taking coconut oil orally 3 times daily relieves sensations in the throat and chest and prevents heartburn on fire.
- To avoid stomach upset, start by taking ¼ teaspoon before each meal and gradually increase to 1 teaspoon.
- Add coconut oil water, juice, tea, coffee or smoothies.
2. Coconut oil and yogurt shakes
- In a blender, mix ½ cup of Greek yogurt (any flavor), ½ cup crushed ice, 1 banana, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil until smooth.
- Greek yogurt helps restore the balance of good and bad bacteria in the digestive system.
3. cocoa butter baking
- Each time you bake, substitute butter with cocoa butter cow. It works the same and adds a touch of coconut flavor for your goodies.
4. Coconut meat
- Coconut oil is extracted from the white meat of mature coconuts. Eat coconut meat heartburn stops and promotes hair, skin and eyes.
- try adding grated fresh coconut desserts and smoothies.
5. Coconut Oatmeal
- Bring 2 cups coconut milk to boil and add 1 cup steel cut oatmeal.
- reduce heat and simmer until oatmeal is made to taste.
- Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of grated coconut, 1 tablespoon chopped almonds, 1 teaspoon cardamom powder, 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of raw honey.
- eat this to reduce heartburn.
6. diluted coconut oil
- In a saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil and 8 ounces of water.
- stir until well blended.
- Drink slowly all day to get relief from acid reflux.
7. Coconut oil with apple cider vinegar and honey
- Mix 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar apple, 1 teaspoon of raw, organic honey and 1 teaspoon of fresh juice of aloe vera.
- Stir the mixture into a glass of warm water and drink.
- Drink every time you have acid reflux.
8. Coconut oil pulling
- Put 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil in his mouth.
- Roll and swish it for 5 minutes, then spit it out.
- Coconut oil strip of bacteria and other toxins from your mouth so they can not enter the digestive system and cause acid reflux.
- Repeats every morning before breakfast.
9. Coconut Water
- Coconut water is rich in potassium, electrolytes, fiber and natural enzymes, all of which promote good digestion.
- Coconut water cools and soothes the throat and while neutralizing the acidic digestive tract.
- Drink coconut water once in the morning and before going to bed to reduce reflux.
- or drinking a glass of coconut water every time you have symptoms of acid reflux to neutralize the acid levels in the stomach.
- Mix coconut water kefir for probiotics that keep the digestive system healthy.
10. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk can be found in most grocery stores. To be fresher
- meat of a coconut and grate is separated.
- Mix the grated meat in a bowl with hot water and let stand 10 minutes while stirring.
- Pour soaked, shredded coconut in cheesecloth and squeeze to extract milk.
- Colar 2-3 times.
- Replace cow’s milk with coconut milk baking or cooking, and use it on cereal, oatmeal and smoothies.
have the effect of coconut oil acid reflux?
Coconut oil can trigger heartburn in some individuals. It is rich in saturated fats, which, for some people, cause acid reflux. It is recommended that people who suffer from heartburn avoid oils in general. Before starting regular treatments coconut oil, try using it and other coconut products in small quantities in order to test their reaction.
Tips and Precautions:
For best results, follow the instructions when using coconut oil to treat acid reflux.
- To avoid nausea, take coconut oil in small doses and dose increase as it grows more tolerant.
- Some studies indicate that, since coconut oil contains more saturated than any other oil, can contribute to heart disease fat. Others claim that, because it contains fatty acids only medium chain is not harmful.
- Eat small, 6 times a day instead of eating large meals 3 times a day.
- When coconut oil is used to treat acid reflux in children, use half the recommended amount for adults.
- Coconut milk contains high amounts of sugar, so reduce sugar consumption when used to treat heartburn.
- consult a doctor before using coconut oil to treat acid reflux.
- Before starting regular treatments coconut oil, try a small quantity to make sure you are not allergic to it.
- Change the regular cooking oil with extra virgin coconut oil.
- If coconut oil does not reduce symptoms within 3 days acid reflux, consult a doctor.
Have you tried any of these methods to treat and prevent acid reflux with coconut oil? Tell us what worked best for you!