sciatica and back pain are caused by irritation or compression of the nerve lower back. It is a very common issue today, and studies even suggest that 5 to 10% of Americans suffer from it.
Sciatica pain starts from the lumbar spine to the bottom of a leg or foot.
These are the most common symptoms of this painful condition
- feel a stabbing pain in one buttock and leg
- A burning and tingling pain
- The pain intensifies in a sitting position
- In the most severe cases, it can cause a loss of control of bowel and bladder.
Sciatica can be the result of several factors, including:
- slipped disk (90% of cases)
- Direct injury
- spinal infections
- spondylolisthesis (or slipped vertebra)
- Spinal stenosis (the narrowing of the passage of the spinal cord)
- cauda equina syndrome
This unbearable pain often can be prevented in the following ways:
- Regular exercise strengthens the back muscles
- Sleeping on a firm mattress
- Proper body posture
- car seat correctly adjusted to support the lower back
- Regular practice of correct lifting technique
will suggest the six best exercises to prevent and relieve sciatica pain:
- Hamstring Stretch Exercise
Sit on the floor with your back straight and legs straight, and hand shoulder-width apart. Inhale deeply and exhale, bend forward from the hips and reach your toes with your hands. Push the collarbone to the feet, and thereby maintain for half a minute.
- knee Elevators Exercise
Lie on your back, with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle. Your arms should be supported by the sides. Raise your legs until a foot from the ground up, and gently lower them. Do 5 repetitions.
- piriformis exercise stretch
Lie on your back and bend your knees. The heels should be pushed buttocks, cross one leg over the other and rest the ankle. You should stretch your hips and hold for 20 seconds. Then change the leg and hold for another 20 seconds. You can also push out his leg for another stretch intensifies.
- knee to chest exercise stretch
While lying on the back, bend your knees at an angle of 90 degrees while the feet are firmly on the ground. Then, wrap your hands around one knee and pull it toward your chest. Hold for 20-30 seconds and repeat with the other leg.
- Back Extensions Exercise
Lie with face down and keep the feet and palms on the floor. Keep fingertips at eye level. Push hands to arch your back, and hold for 5-10 seconds. Then lower back down to earth and do 10 repetitions.
- buttocks Stretch Exercise
Lie on your back, with your knees bent at a 90 degree angle. Raise the left leg and ankle resting on his right thigh. Then wrap your hands around the right thigh, pull it close to your body, and hold for 20-30 seconds. Repeat this 3 times, then switch the leg.