For me, fall always means lots of delicious apples and most importantly pumpkins. Whether you’re a fan of lattes or pumpkin spice pumpkin pie lover, this winter squash appears in all sorts of ways in the fall.
lattes pumpkin with sugar aside, eat pumpkin will improve your health in a variety of ways.
1. Pumpkins have plenty of antioxidant rich in vitamin A. pumpkins contain c arotenoids, the pigments responsible for the color, as beta-carotene, which the body converts to vitamin a and functioning as a protective antioxidant for your body. We’re not saying that you can eat to your heart’s content pumpkin pie to help detoxification, but pumpkin soup might just do the trick!
2. Pumpkins have a lot of fiber. Try eating a version of pumpkin puree, as usually has a denser amount of fibers as reduced.
3. Pumpkins are low in calories. There are only 26 calories per 100 grams so it has a great filling for pasta or baked goods when you want to cook a healthier version of a staple this season.
4. Pumpkin seeds contain super healthy. Pumpkin seeds contain zinc and vitamin E antioxidant, plus phytonutrients. Add them to a salad or top your cereal with them.
5. Pumpkins are also good for your furry pets. That is, the pumpkin can help dogs and cats with digestive issues just make sure it is a fresh, canned or pureed version and not any sweet or baked thing.
And an interesting thing to note: pumpkin shell has also been shown to have an antibiotic effect. Studies show that protein shells pumpkin can inhibit the growth of microbes.