People worldwide love to consume and use mayonnaise on sandwiches, guacamole and even chocolate cake.
Moreover, some women tend to use it as a hair treatment in order to increase hair shine and repair damage. Unfortunately, most people do not pay much attention to labels of this product and your favorite brand.
Today, it is very difficult to find mayonnaise that is not full of harmful substances.
Commercial Mayonnaise What’s done?
Hellman mayonnaise Duke and the two are most important brands in the United States, and the following ingredients found in your product:
- Canola oil
This oil is obtained from rapeseed by forcing hydrogen gas in the high pressure oil.
The bad news is that this type of oil is full of trans fats increase LDL levels cholseterol and lowers HDL cholesterol levels. Moreover, this combination actually increases the risk of hearth disease.
However, other hydrogenated oil is soybean oil, which is also one of the most genetically modified crops in the United States and around the world. Since 2015, although 94% of the soybeans grown in the US genetically it handled.
People grow crops in this way in order to make them resistant to herbicides and pesticides such as glyphosate.
Unfortunately, soy absorb glyphosate in its entirety, one stored in its stem, leaves and beans. This chemical is extremely damaging and affecting human gut bacteria. As a result, it has been linked to several health conditions such as :. Depression, autism, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, infertility, obesity, diabetes and heart disease
- Disodium EDTA calcium
canned and processed foods like tomatoes and beans contain EDTA preservative that is very harmful.
In addition, this chemical is called whish cytotoxic means that is toxic to cells. Furthermore, it is also genotoxic, meaning that damages the genetic information of the cells. As a result, cancer and mutation occurs.
- potassium sorbate
Potassium sorbate is commonly known as sorbic acid and its main function is to help the living mold and mildew. Unfortunately, if ingested in large amounts, it can cause malabsorption of nutrients and diarrhea.
This preservative is harmful genotoxic for white blood cells which means it can endanger the ability of the immune system to fight disease. As a result, even it causes autoimmune disorders.
- Corn Syrup
Transgenic corn is used for high fructose corn syrup made.
People should definitely stay away from corn syrup due to high levels of fructose can cause the accumulation of fat in liver cells and lead to disease nonalcoholic fatty liver. This is a health condition that can lead to scarring of the liver and liver failure.
High levels of fructose in the liver may also:
- Elevate triglycerides
- Increase harmful LDL
- promote the accumulation of fat around the organs (visceral fat)
- increase blood pressure
- lead to insulin resistance
- increases the production of free radicals, which damages DNA
And there’s more to worry about:
In order to make it shelf-stable, cold mayonnaise manufacturers make pasteruized. This type of process foods exposed to a high dose of ionizing radiation energy using X-ray radiation, electron beam or gamma rays.
Although the health effects of cold pasteurization still not discovered, researchers remain concerned for their safety.
Becase this, a study was published in the International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health, which concluded:
“Food irradiation is being promoted as a simple process that can be used to effectively reduce significantly foodborne worldwide diseases. However, a thorough review of the literature reveals a dearth of research carried suitable place to specifically address health problems that may result directly irradiated food consumption. ”
How to make your own Mayonnaise
- 2 cups avocado oil or olive oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Take a food processor, put salt, lemon juice, mustard and egg yolks and mix together. In order to help emulsify mayonnaise, you can also add a tablespoon of water.
- Be sure to mix the ingredients for a couple of seconds, just two pulses should be enough.
- As the food processor is running at a medium speed, slowly drizzle the oil in the mixture. Be sure not to put the oil too quickly and the mayonnaise is emulsified or not thicken.
- Adjust to taste with lemon juice and salt. If you want to achieve stronger and spicier flavor, you can add a little stroke.
- Replace soybean or canola oil with olive oil because it is healthier alternative to the heart due to the fact that it is rich in monounsaturated fats.
- This type of fat lowers blood pressure, cholesterol levels in the blood, prevent insulin resistance.
- You can also replace olive oil with avocado oil if the flavor is too strong for your tase.
- can also add some turmeric or paprika, to taste.
The 5 reasons why you should avoid big brand Mayo and how to make your own healthy version! appeared for the first time in healthy lifestyles 365 .